Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345622 ... LastLast
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MyCobraHatesYou
    Dont worry about the terminators... they only named them that to scare people......... they are real slow
    BAH! Intruder!

I raced an 03 for the first time on the highway a couple weeks ago with a 2.93 pulley and race exhaust. It didn't scare me, and he was quite surprised that he couldn't go around that CAM only LS1. But, my car is wicked fast, and his must have been just as fast, which is saying something.

Grey
    87 T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    BAH! Intruder!

I raced an 03 for the first time on the highway a couple weeks ago with a 2.93 pulley and race exhaust. It didn't scare me, and he was quite surprised that he couldn't go around that CAM only LS1. But, my car is wicked fast, and his must have been just as fast, which is saying something.

I've raced a 03 cobra with the same mods and they run very strong. From the mods you have listed your car should run very strong. I also raced a 99' SS with a 383 and juice who smoked me by 4 lengths even though he said he wasn't spraying, yeah right. I didn't have my nitrous hooked up at the time but we'll see the next time we meet.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 430 stang
    I've raced a 03 cobra with the same mods and they run very strong. From the mods you have listed your car should run very strong. I also raced a 99' SS with a 383 and juice who smoked me by 4 lengths even though he said he wasn't spraying, yeah right. I didn't have my nitrous hooked up at the time but we'll see the next time we meet.
    It is gonna feel righteous when you finally beat your nemesis. Hook the bottle up, buy a supercharger, stroke it out, do whatever it takes to put him in the rear view!

Grey
    87 T-Top

It is gonna feel righteous when you finally beat your nemesis. Hook the bottle up, buy a supercharger, stroke it out, do whatever it takes to put him in the rear view!
    What he doesn't know is that my car is set up for nitrous, i.e. nitrous cam and converter. I've already have a very built 331. I'm gonna spray 200 and see what happens. Maybe some drag radials in the mix also.

Shadow Grey
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by MyCobraHatesYou
    Dont worry about the terminators... they only named them that to scare people......... they are real slow

Especially the ones with silver stripes
    2003 Mustang Cobra (811rwhp)
    2005 GTO
    2009 Audi A5 3.2

LIGHTLY MODDED

HyperGT
    Not sure why you all think 2000 R models are not fast. 5.4L 385 underrated hp.
    While I dont mag. race, it is hard to find a real world example due to the rarity. MM&FF repeatedly got high 12's at 110-112mph, stone stock. Once they removed the splitter, wing and DR it was a 12.4sec car. If that isnt quick, not sure what is. I dont think a stock LS1, on ave. would be as quick.
    Good thread and stats otherwise.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Grey03Cobra
    Get back to the GTO boards.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by HyperGT
    Not sure why you all think 2000 R models are not fast. 5.4L 385 underrated hp.
    While I dont mag. race, it is hard to find a real world example due to the rarity. MM&FF repeatedly got high 12's at 110-112mph, stone stock. Once they removed the splitter, wing and DR it was a 12.4sec car. If that isnt quick, not sure what is. I dont think a stock LS1, on ave. would be as quick.
    Good thread and stats otherwise.
    an ls1 isnt a $50k+ stripped down car... nor can you say that on avereage an ls1 wont get that when you are compareing times with professional drivers... rare? are they really that rare? i've seen one run on a podunk 1000ft drag in AR...

and is high 12's that fast? i thought f bods would lay that down all day...

-me

HyperGT
    Quote Originally Posted by predator
    an ls1 isnt a $50k+ stripped down car... nor can you say that on avereage an ls1 wont get that when you are compareing times with professional drivers... rare? are they really that rare? i've seen one run on a podunk 1000ft drag in AR...

and is high 12's that fast? i thought f bods would lay that down all day...

-me
    Dont let this get into a ford vs chevy, hell the original poster was just saying know your enemy. FWIW at every track day, even our mustang vs chevy day LS1's are not trapping 110mph stock. I see 104-106 for autos, the 6 speeds ave 106-108mph. So a car trapping 110-112 is fast. 12's all day, stock please. maybe mid to low 13's all day. I personally have yet to see any stock Ls1 run a twelve (not that it hasnt been done, I know it has). Evan Smith did run a high 12 at 109mph in the last year of the SS when they did a shoot out between a 03 Cobra and 03 SS. Nobody said the LS1 wasnt fast, the 2000 Cobra R is faster thats all.

1966 Corvette Coupe

who said chevy vs. ford?

and you just said it your self an ls1 trapped right at a cobra R speed and time... im just saying its an autocross runner... not set up for drag so its not as big of a threat as ppl think... there are sedans that could out run these things...

-me
    Last edited by predator; 05-17-2006 at 04:54 PM.

HyperGT
    Quote Originally Posted by predator
    who said chevy vs. ford?

and you just said it your self an ls1 trapped right at a cobra R speed and time... im just saying its an autocross runner... not set up for drag so its not as big of a threat as ppl think... there are sedans that could out run these things...

-me
    Wow, I said mid-high 12 at 110-112 thats NOT LS1 stock times. Sedan, who cares there are sedans that would eat your vette too, what has that got to do with anything. Anyway, I take your point on the handling side, you are right that is exactly what they are for, a pure track car.
    Enough said., cheers.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

I didn't see a 2000 Cobra in that link??? If you find a mass produced 2000 year model Cobra I will saw my nuts off and staple them to my forehead.
    LOL!!! Hey try to post pics. Careful dude there might be one around. My buddy has a 99 he bought new. I took hom everytime in my 00 SS. Then he got new intake and exhaust from dealer. He was very good competition then. I still took him in 3rd gear.

IHave 2 fast cars, not 1! 11SecBatch's Avatar

White
    03 Cobra and 92 LX

ok

there was 00 Cobra made.. they ALL went to Aussie land, believe it or not. Anyways... ...Ford came up with the name Terminator.. not just some Joe Schmoe

Big Nasty

Artic White
    1998 Trans Am

My best friend just came out of the closet. After having previously owned a 96 Z28, a 99 Z28, and an 00 SS, he just purchased an 01 Cobra. Is there some sort of support group I can join? Is there some sort of counseling I can try and get him into? I feel like I don't even know him any more. WHY, OH, WHY!?!?!?!?!?!
    98 TA LS1/M6........79 Formula 400/TH400
    "I got the shakes that'll make you quake! I got the fries that'll cross your eyes! I got that burgers that'll... I just got burgers." - Cheeseburger Eddie

1966 Corvette Coupe

y the hell would he move down to a slower car...

i dont blame ppl from buying mustangs... especially as a first sports car... i mean if you are used to a honda a mustange feels fast... but if you are used to ls1 cars.... man you feel like you are driving turd...

dont get me wrong i love mustangs... i mean without them i wouldnt have teenagers pulling up beside me in those nasty stock gts asking for an ass whipping...

its always fun to let someone hang with you till about 25 then hammer it and get loose in your lane...

-me

White
    03 Cobra and 92 LX

well, if your friend is looking for a site to humm a tune on he can go to svtperformance.com

anyways... ...i can't own a slow car.... ....i know what slow is... ...peace!!

White
    03 Cobra and 92 LX

same sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Grey03Cobra

...LOL AND the white ones ME whats up you all!!!!

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Ok, anyone remember the Mustang that had a 6.2 or 6.4 L engine or something in the late 90's???? It had the engine size in a sticker in front of the headlight (6.2 or 6.4 or something).

What was that called?

White
    03 Cobra and 92 LX

what???

you might be thinking about that boss shinodo mustang... ...lemme look...

here is a pic under the hood...it was 1994 ...it was stupid fast and was obviously never produced.. KILL i may be wrong but this is the only thing i seen for tool with in the 90's that was over 400 cubes.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SharkTA
    My best friend just came out of the closet. After having previously owned a 96 Z28, a 99 Z28, and an 00 SS, he just purchased an 01 Cobra. Is there some sort of support group I can join? Is there some sort of counseling I can try and get him into? I feel like I don't even know him any more. WHY, OH, WHY!?!?!?!?!?!
    With gears and all the bolt-ons those 01 Cobra's are pretty damn nasty. I did the opposite, I owned a nasty 01, sold it, and bought a nasty Z28. Then I dropped 4 grand in it, and now its a real nasty mustang eater.

I loved the Cobra, but I love the Z too. Damn, that is why I can't have a steady relationship, too many options.

Choosing between the two is like choosing between two hotties, one that gives great, umm, fellatio, and another who can back that thing up like nobody's business.

Heavily modded, it is hard to choose between the two. If you are a hot-rodder, and don't particularly care about brands, then you have a real difficult decision on your hands.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345622 ... LastLast

Thread Information