Thread: Old Road Kills

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Old Road Kills

Hey all, I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd share an old story: I had a 1970 LeMans 350 which started out as a 17 second car. With some bolt-ons, I got it down to 14.5 seconds. I raced at the track, because I always got my ball bearings handed to me on the street by Camaros and SS's. Traded the LeMans in on a brand new 1978 TA, black, A3. 185HP!!! I time trialed the TA on road courses - what a blast! Now for my one and only kill story: I was following my buddy on the interstate in his brand new 1978 Datsun Z car when he slowed to get next to me. He revved and took off. So did I. He had me up to 100 something (my speedo stopped at 100) before I started gaining in 3rd (and last) gear. The TA slowly passed. When I had a few car lengths on him, I slowed down.
    I asked him how fast were we going when I passed (his speedo went to 140). He said 128. I thought not bad, 128 MPH with 4 people in the car.

On a different note, what up with these Mustangs? The first day I brought my 2000 formula TA home from the dealer 3 weeks ago, I was giving my wife a nice easy drive around the neighborhood when this '05 Mustang starts revving at me from across the street. I smile, the wife does not. Before we get home, ANOTHER Mustang this time a convertable, passes us with engine revvving. Still no smile on her face. When we get home, I let her out of the car, back it down the driveway and on the street. Now I'm thinking Mustang with a smile on my face!!

I like reading the kills on this forum, and I'll let you know when I find those Mustangs again.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

kill 'em

BLACK
    01 WS6

Nothing like somkin' a rustang, I hate those cars

Thread Information