Silver
    2004 GTO

Unhappy That moment when.....

When you are driving to work to go to PT (army physical training) and a civic pulls up along the highway. Guy starts acting like he wants to go and knowing I could beat him I ignore him. He then decides to swerve over and push me part of the way on the shoulder. I decide to punch it and easily pull away from him without going much over the speed limit. That's when it happend. Looked in my rear view to see where he is at because I needed to get over and take my exit when I notice smoke is pouring out of my car. I immediately look at my gauges and everything is fine. I pull over in a parking area outside the main gate to post and immediately shut the car down. Open the hood and there is fluid everywhere and pooling on the ground. Its all over under the car. So I start to look for the source and thinking about what it would cost to tow the car home when I spot the issue. So shop that put the replacement motor in the car before I bought it pulled the radiator out and instead of disconnecting the top transmission line to the radiator, they cut it and in its place put a piece of rubber hose held in place by hose clamps! WTF!! So I borrow a buddies car and run home to get some tools and trans fluid. Three and a half quarts of fluid later and the car is fine. I got lucky to say the least, could have trashed the tranny. Now I have a mess under the hood and car to clean up and will have to get new lines to run. But on the plus side I saw the civic on post today and confronted the driver. Bet that will be the last time he tries to pull that crap lol. So any idea on what would be a good replacement line?
    Last edited by Trooper182; 02-13-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

1st thing I'd be doing is calling the shop. They did a half ass job they should replace and cover any cost for clean up.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    2004 GTO

well at this point its been over 9 months. Not worth the time arguing with them. Plus Im deploying soon and would rather spend my time elsewere. I'll just be replacing it myself. But now i am noticing something, I think this car may have had a tranny cooler installed on it. Just pulled the bumper off to clean behind it and there is a small radiator that has two hoses coming out of it and are not connected to anything. Hmm

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Yes it should have one.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

So long as the lines are flared a bit, a properly rated rubber line can be installed to connect portions of the transmission cooler circuit. As you saw behind the bumper, the aftermarket cooler is connected with rubber lines. Although I agree with what Scott said, my thought is that the prior owner cut the lines to install the auxiliary cooler and the shop that replaced the engine failed to re-connect it. Instead, they simply ran the rubber line to connect the break in the stock cooler lines.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Make sure you clean the engine bay and underneath your car real good. ATF stinks.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

And makes lots of cool white smoke when it hits a hot exhaust manifold!

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I know he probably already fixed this problem but a friend at my parts store told me to use Fuel Injection hose clamps when I had to fix the one on my trailblazer...They are a nice clamp and he said they clamp much tighter and evenly than your basic hose clamps....just food for thought
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Thread Information