Blue
    98 Trans Am

TCS fuse removed affect power

I have been reading about several things and came across a TCS thread that was talking about removing the fuse and changing cables. I removed my fuse just for the fact of its always off now and I don't have to push the button everytime I start the car. Here's the question after removing the fuse with the same weather conditions on the same roads I'm going 7 mph faster in the 1/4. Was trapping about 101 to 102 now I'm 108 to 109. Did removing the fuse do something to the torque management. I've never had the car tuned.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If this is the case, then I spent a crap ton of $$ I didn't have to!

Disabling TCS by pushing the button and disabling TCS by yanking the fuse should have the exact same effect -- the PCM will not pull power when the wheels start to spin. Torque management is disabled via a change in the tune... not by yanking a fuse.

Blue
    98 Trans Am

That's what I thought but it's just weird. It's an app on my phone that uses GPS to track your times and mph. The 60 ft times are not reliable but the 1/8 and 1/4 times and mph seem to be right. I ran the car 3 times to make sure it wasn't just a glitch but all 3 times it was 107 to 109 mph. Compared to the 4 runs I did a couple of weeks ago that were 101 to 102 mph.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

A better test would be to put the fuse back in and run 2 or so runs then take it out and do the same thing. You can't really say that it has any effect on it if it was a different day because the conditions are different regardless if it was similar weather. There are too many variables to concretely be able to say that there wasn't a difference in any one of them on the runs a few weeks ago that might have had an impact on the difference you are seeing now. Also, like Jeff said Torque management has nothing to do with the TCS being deactivated with the button or removed with the fuse.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Thread Information