Blog Entries

Anybody use d.i.y anti-theft switches, Watson Street Works ?

I saved a car way back in high school from getting stolen as I had put in a hidden toggle switch which grounded the ignition coil... about a month prior. Still giggle when I recall how thief tore up dashboard a bit looking for switch before fleeing !

Anybody seen this good clip by GEARZ show, and have any tips specific for TranSAm '99 / Gen 4 ? The Watson StreetWorks battery disconnect he shows looks good. I've seen some other guys do homemade / soldered toggles on either side of the fuel pump relay fuse itself, but I'd hate for that to fail at night somewhwere where I want the car RUNNING !

Last edited by BobbyGFirebird; 01-17-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    this video has a good idea too, but will this throw a Check Engine Light code on a Trans Am 4th Gen.?

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I've been using toggle switches for well over 20 years. I just kill the fuel pump. Find the fuse for the pump and kill the circuit. Just make sure you use the side of the circuit AFTER the fuse to keep the circuit protected. You can hide a toggle switch anywhere. On older vehicles, (cars with mechanical fuel pumps), you can just kill the circuit for the ignition. It's the same concept. Just make sure to cover all bare wires and fuse all the wires.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Pull the fuse for the fuel pump & ignition is the easiest and cheapest method.

When I had a 96FB it came with a "pull key" that killed the starter & fuel pump from the previous owner. I wish I could remember what brand it was.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Pull the fuse for the fuel pump & ignition is the easiest and cheapest method.

When I had a 96FB it came with a "pull key" that killed the starter & fuel pump from the previous owner. I wish I could remember what brand it was.
    True, unless the thief has a fuse with them
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

All our play cars have battery disconnects. I usually take the knob with me after parking the car if I have any concerns.

Blog Entries
    just bought a brake-pedal lock from THE CLUB . I liked idea that brake pedal shafts are made from super-strong hardened / tempered steel and would take huge amount of time to cut through. Now, query is "how good is the key-lock mechanism" on it made in Taiwan ? !

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Any theft deterrent is better than no theft deterrent imo. Also, if you ever park in an iffy spot, just take your fuel pump relay with you when you leave the car. Granted, this won't stop them from grabbing it with a rollback, but no one is going to start the car without some messing around.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

This video may help folks who are concerned about security. Worth the watch. Amazing how quick that can happen.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Yikes. Looks like they took bolt cutters to the steering column?

Blog Entries
    Bolt cutters to the anti-theft steering wheel lock, right? Like a club device?

Thread Information