Pearl white and blue

anybody put 871 on a ls1

Looking to put a 871 on a ls motor .has anybody done one here ? what kind of boost can I throw at it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I don't know anyone off-hand using a roots style blower on this forum, but the general consensus is that 8-9PSI on a stock bottom-end LS1 is safe, assuming you are tuned properly. You'll need to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors at a minimum. I'd also suggest hardened push rods and upgraded valve springs.

I have been running that level of boost with my Procharger D-1SC for a number of years now and haven't had any issues.

I am also running a front-mount intercooler and the Alky methanol kit.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I also use the Procharger D1sc and I'am running 8-10 lbs of boost on stock heads and bottom end. The fuel pump, injectors, front mount inter-cooler (or some sort of inter-cooler) and a tune are a must. Its been several years on my ride with no issues at all, pushing around 500+ hp to the wheels on 93 pump gas. I daily drive my car on 3 hr road trips, race at the track, and cruise it on "spirited" drives all the time without a care in the world. I'am also pushing 89K+ miles now. I know Edelbrock uses a "roots style" blower and have had really good success with them. I don't see why a 871 blower wouldn't work, I just don't know anyone personally that has done it.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Biggest issue would be fitment.

Just how tall is that blower?

You may have to cut into the cowl and even delete the wipers to make that work.

Thread Information