Thread: Guitar thread.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Guitar thread.

I have adopted a new guitar this Christmas. Eight strings of fury!!! It plays like a fucking dream! Post up some of your instruments!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

All we have are pianos. Dawn plays from time to time and really enjoys it. I am cursed unfortunately and have not a shred of musical ability.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Haven't bought any guitar stuff in along time. Have a fender acoustic, Ibanez rg, and a BC Rich Bich. Play those through a crate 90 watt head and 4-12 cabinet. Any music money these days goes to Zach's drum set.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

Been playing guitar all but 40 years and over the years I have owned some pretty nice guitars. At this time I am cut back on my instruments. I only keep what I use.

Acoustics are my 2015 Seagull Maritime Mahogany. Little Martin Lx1E, 67 Gibson Classical, and a 76 Kay acoustic I bought brand new back in the day. It's really a junk guitar but kind of neat to own.

Electrics consist of a home built solid body guitar I made back in the early 80's, Custom shop built 91 Gibson Chet Country Gentleman, and a 67 Fender Wildwood that I modified.

The only amp I have used since I bought it new in the 80's is a Peavey Bravo. I just love that little amp.

I don't use effects or pedals except a volume pedal. For recording I will sometimes use an old mxr chorus but beyond that just the guitar and amp.

I have a Jazz bass and a Casio midi Keyboard as well as a Simmons drum set I use in my studio.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have a peavey classic chorus 212 that has been loaned out to my brother about the last 15 years. Great rock sounding amp with tons of crunch. I get it back from him every few years to play just for a different sound. I use a line 6 floor pod with my crate.

me and zach jamming a little dokken in the garage....this was the ibanez. I put screamin demon pick ups in it many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

98 Formula
    06 duramax

jinx ass thread......go out and jam with zach for a few minutes tonight and notice the speaker cab sounded funny. Pretty sure I have popped speaker.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Bravo! Pretty impressive with the sticks.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    jinx ass thread......go out and jam with zach for a few minutes tonight and notice the speaker cab sounded funny. Pretty sure I have popped speaker.
    Check the fuses. I had a fuse crap out and spent a shit ton of money replacing all my tubes and everything else just to find it was a $15 fuse.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Na....It's just 1 speaker rattling I think. Went out and played it today and couldn't really hear it rattle though. The other night it was just on the lows like a palm muted low E that I could hear it. Couldn't duplicate it today. If it is a bad speaker I'm gonna fill that cabinet with celestians I think.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

In all my years of playing I can't say I have ever had one speaker blown.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Me neither but that's what it sounded like. The upper left side speaker rattling like it was blown. Like I say....Couldn't get it to do it yesterday so maybe it isn't..

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

Maybe one reason I have never experienced something like that is I play at low volume on my amp. It's only 25 watts and I rarely turn it up beyond half.

On stage I have a Sure 57 in front of the amp and that works great as well as keep stage volume down.

Those guitars look like the style that Mark Kendall of Great White has been playing for decades.

I actually did have a red guitar. A cheap red one that I never really learned how to play. Plugged into a cheap amp. That equipment was left behind when I moved - first time I've thought about the abandonment since. Now I have no instruments.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ordered some 500k pots for my ibanez. Tired of that damn volume knob crackling like a bitch. Also started learning a couple new songs so I can jam with the boy since he listens/plays mostly heavy stuff. Drop A# tuning which is new to me. Been playing drop C for a while now on the bc rich. The ibanez with the locking nut is just a pain the ass to keep switching the tuning on so I leave it standard all the time and use the bc rich for the other stuff.

these are 2 of the songs he plays:

He's a big fan of Vinnie Paul

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Doesn't count for this thread... but we just picked up another piano. A friend bought a house downtown to turn into a multi-unit rental and there was a piano there that he wanted to get rid of. Of course, it was on the second floor and we had a bit of a time hauling it down, but made it without any damage or human carnage. After getting it home and cleaning the piano up, we researched it and found it to be a 1961 Winter spinet made in NYC. Dawn plays and after letting it acclimate a bit she started in with her standby songs... The Rose, The Entertainer, Still, Nadia's Theme and Wind Beneath My Wings. Piano has a nice rich sound, is in pretty good shape, and for $250 we were very impressed with it. The tuner is coming on Thursday to work his magic.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

Piano's count as far as I am concerned. Sounds like you got quite a deal.

Thread Information