Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Panko crusted thin sliced chicken breasts with pepper and garlic seasoning, sauteed corn with roasted garlic and herb seasoning, and gnocchi with Italian seasoning and a sprinkle of shredded cheese for dinner this evening.
    Bread crumbs aren't good, corn is one of the least healthy vegetables, and the gnocchi is pure carbs. .

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Tell me about it....

Haven't had a Dr Pepper in over a yr. I feel like I'm in AA.

Hello my name is.....I've been 1 yr sober from Dr Pepper....
    Soda was easy for me to give up, but I still have a sweet tooth. It's a constant battle. :\
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

*** Goodbye 2016 January TRAIN ***

put on a few hundred miles today, made a real big loop. got stuck on I-80 in standstill traffic for an accident when the road flash froze. 45 minutes to go 2.5 miles. all that I could think of was a huge pileup happening, but thankfully most motorists were on their toes. Made it out of that mess and all the way back home, and 4.5 miles out a brake line let loose. I'll take care of that tomorrow.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ That sucks. We were on the very edge of it yesterday when we went over to see Kyle and Heather's house.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I'm guessing the master cylinder took a shit, I got a soft pedal that pumps up but creeps down, brakes still work marginally and there's no fluid leaking and the reservoir is full.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Yikes. That isn't good. Do you need a hand with the swap? Want to use the lift and/or garage?

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

this one should be idiot proof. two lines and two nuts are all that's involved. we have a pressure bleeder for the master so getting that done won't be an issue either

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Soda was easy for me to give up, but I still have a sweet tooth. It's a constant battle. :\
    same here.

I eat much more fresh fruit, which in the winter is a bitch to get. Not ripe enough or taste off. I also snack on trail mix which gives me the protein I need to account for. Pretty much my diet is protein 1st, everything else 2nd.

My hardest battle still is not drinking any liquids with a meal. I can but it cuts down on food intake and if I drink or eat too much it is physical pain that can last up to 30 mins. Stomach can't stretch too far anymore. When I eat soup I don't have to wait as long but something dense like beef or pork yeah that 30 min window is a must. I also have to watch what spicy foods too. Can't drink makes you think twice before eating that good salsa. Fish has become my happy food, easy to digest and was one of the first solid foods I was able to eat.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    same here.

I eat much more fresh fruit, which in the winter is a bitch to get. Not ripe enough or taste off. I also snack on trail mix which gives me the protein I need to account for. Pretty much my diet is protein 1st, everything else 2nd.

My hardest battle still is not drinking any liquids with a meal. I can but it cuts down on food intake and if I drink or eat too much it is physical pain that can last up to 30 mins. Stomach can't stretch too far anymore. When I eat soup I don't have to wait as long but something dense like beef or pork yeah that 30 min window is a must. I also have to watch what spicy foods too. Can't drink makes you think twice before eating that good salsa. Fish has become my happy food, easy to digest and was one of the first solid foods I was able to eat.
    All of the articles I've read on fruit are kind of open-ended. On the one hand, it's sugar, and your body doesnt really discriminate between the types of sugar as far as the accompanying insulin response. On the other hand, though, it contains fiber, which helps your body process the sugar. It's certainly the best way to satisfy a sweet tooth, and many fruits contain valuable anti-oxidants. Trail mix does have protein, but it also has alot of carbs since almost everything in it has carbs (nuts, raisins, m&ms, etc). Nuts are a great way for me to snack, but it's too easy for me to eat a shitload of almonds, and they're really high in calories.

I'm kind of surprised about you not drinking any fluids while eating. Digestion must be a bitch with some foods. And it's awesome that you eat fish. Along with chicken, it's probably the best lean protein you can get, and the fish has other inherent benefits such as omega 3 fatty acids, which our bodies love.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Depends what kind of fish, just like what kind of steak/meat whether or not it's really good for you.

IMO, articles are just that, articles. Most, if not all, have loopholes and insufficient data to be considered complete. For every article that says something is good for you, there's one that says it's bad for you. Kind of hard to determine what is the truth.

I would eat whatever the fuck you want that your body agrees with. We're all going to die anyway. I highly doubt anyone will outlive the next person bc they had 12 more steaks in their lifetime. Health nuts croak over in their 20s all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Navy Blue Metallic

I should have added chicken and turkey I do eat too. You're right on the carbs every thing has them.

The dietitian also told me that you can't just do protein only or cut out fats and cholesterol completely. There are good and bad for both and how your body handles each depends on intake amounts and your output (exercise, normal working day etc.) Hell even the brain needs some fat to power thru the day That's an example of why most Vegans look so sickly, they are not eating a balance diet. I also had a few weeks where I though I was losing my vision. I have 20/15 right 20/10 left in vision and all of a sudden I couldn't see shit 100 ft out. Turned out it was because I wasn't eating enough vegi's that had the vitamins you need for vision.

You would think I could eat a salad and be happy. But in the end it's like I'm skipping a meal unless I have a chicken or fish or some heavy protein with it.

Now there are some foods that when I eat it's a spin of the roulette wheel on how it effects me. Like eggs - some days I'm fine, others feels like a cement brick, others I wish I could puke my guts out. I never really know how it's going to feel. Sad think is I love eggs....

They had a hard time doing a fitness plan for me because of my legs. Walking for pl that get too heavy is like running to healthy ppl. What do you do when the patient can't walk I'm able to walk more today then I was able after 2 yrs of physical therapy. But that therapy was for learning how to walk again vs getting in shape.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Depends what kind of fish, just like what kind of steak/meat whether or not it's really good for you.

IMO, articles are just that, articles. Most, if not all, have loopholes and insufficient data to be considered complete. For every article that says something is good for you, there's one that says it's bad for you. Kind of hard to determine what is the truth.

I would eat whatever the fuck you want that your body agrees with. We're all going to die anyway. I highly doubt anyone will outlive the next person bc they had 12 more steaks in their lifetime. Health nuts croak over in their 20s all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That's why you take your information from scientifically backed studies. Random articles are just that. And for most general nutrition trends, the evidence is usually along the same lines, so it's easy to draw the most likely conclusions. Even throughout the latter half of the 20th century when we were constantly being lied to about what was healthy for us, there were still numerous studies with accurate information. But, there was far too much money lobbying for bullshit like the food pyramid.

As far as fish goes, there are types of fish that are heavier in mercury and other less than desirable elements. I tend to stick to tilapia and mahi when I eat fish. Wild caught salmon (not farmed crap) is also great for you.

You can't just "eat whatever th fuck you want" that your body agrees with though. I can eat a ton of sugary shit and not really feel bad at all. Yeah, we're all going to die sometime, but eating the right diet can greatly increase the length of your life, and your potential to feel good and perform to your best while alive. Most of those people dying in their 20s arent dying
    Because they eat a healthy diet and work out. Let's not pretend that that is common.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 01-17-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Good seafood in Northcentral PA is a bit hard to come by. I try to buy the "wild caught" frozen stuff for the most part. I do need to eat more fish...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Mornin
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I have friends who are obsessed with fishing. All year round. I have 2 friends who will fish all night long and then go to work at 7am... multiple times a week. They feed me blue gill, walleye, northern etc. Bags at a time. I love it, free fresh fish all the time. Not that deep fried fish is the healthiest way to eat it but fish frys are kind of a big deal in WI.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just bought some swordfish steaks last weekend. Going to do those for dinner this week.....I also bought some Angus ribeyes while I was at it. I don't discriminate....I eat everything. Next on my list are frog legs. The place close to here that sells them announced they are closing for good in April so I gotta get on it.....Been wanting to smoke some for a few years now and kept putting it off.

Navy Blue Metallic

My Dad since retiring he's been hunting and fishing most of the time.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have been intrigued by frog legs, soft shell crabs and crawfish, but have never tried them.

Navy Blue Metallic

I have been intrigued by frog legs, soft shell crabs and crawfish, but have never tried them.
    I've heard frog legs taste like chicken. The taste of soft shell crabs and crawfish greatly depend on how they are cook and with what seasoning.

Unless it specifically states Crawfish farmed from Louisiana it is Asian crawfish which has a very different taste then what we have down here. The crawfish meat sold in the local Walmarts here taste similar but is never quite as good as fresh and local.

Something that is super popular around the Gulf Coast is Fried Crab Claws. They are the claws form the blue crab that are beer batter and fried.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Frog legs, the best way I can explain them, have a somewhat chicken taste with more of a mushroom texture...if that makes sense.

Gator tail is one of my favorites, breaded or blackened doesn't matter.

I am down for pretty much any cajun food.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information