Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

blue
    1999 TransAm

more wild weather tonight, tomorrow...

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yea, we get snow/ice like that every year. It's why the port of Milwaukee has multiple salt mountains waiting to be loaded up into plow trucks throughout the year.

http://wdjt.images.worldnow.com/images/9807563_G.jpg

I'm sure if you ask the Mayor real nice you can borrow some.
    Luckily we won't need it. Got into the 50s today and will be in the 70s in parts of the state tomorrow. Too bad there's so much salt on the road. Would be good cruising weather.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I have finally broke into the 170's lbs.

178lbs as of this morning.... I still have 6 more weeks till my 1 yr official weigh in physical with my Doctor. I might pass my goal.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Damn. Great job, Scott!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I have finally broke into the 170's lbs.

178lbs as of this morning.... I still have 6 more weeks till my 1 yr official weigh in physical with my Doctor. I might pass my goal.
    Congrats! That is how much I weighed about 7 or 8 years ago... Now I'm between 200 - 210 (depending on whether I took a shit or ate a box of cereal ). I thought about taking up lifting, but I'm to lazy for that.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Man that makes me jelly Scott. When I started in the workforce in 2007 I weighed a whopping 145...at 6'1". Got up to a healthy 170 working in the field as a surveyor. Took a raise and got put in an office 5 years ago, and that was the end of being in any kind of shape (minus a couple short stints of gym workouts with my brother). Now I'm about like Spaz explained above. 200-210 depending on how far along the baby is day to day. Would like to get back in shape, but it's hard to get time/motivation. Growing up, I was a beanpole, so I never had to 'work' to be in shape...

In other news, ice storm is a comin'. I made it to work, we'll see how the 50 mile trip home goes...hopefully the freezing line stays up here and doesn't venture south.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

2010 was the last time I was in decent shape. Then I dislocated my shoulder taking a bad spill on a black diamond hill. I couldn't do much for awhile and here I am now at 232 lbs. Was as high as 252 lbs earlier in the year as I stopped smoking in Oct 2015. I think everyone has time to get in shape. Most are just too lazy, like myself lol. It's really more about your diet than it is about working out. You can work out 2 hrs a day but if you eat like shit you'll never have much definition.

Congrats, Sir.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

But I love hamburgers and steak and tacos too much....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Tell me about it. I had steak both Tuesday and Wednesday night lol.

Navy Blue Metallic

I still do.....

Some here may not know but last yr (Jan 1st to be exact) I had to go to the er because I was vomiting blood, lots. After a few days of testing and having my stomach scoped they found that the bottom half of my stomach was ripping apart. So a month later they performed the same surgery that bariatric patients get for weight loss. They took the bad half. Been on a special diet since then. Last 6 months though I have no real restrictions on type of food I can eat just the amount, my stomach is about 4-6 oz total size, which isn't much at all. So since I've gone through hell to lose this weight I'm trying hard not to get it back so I stay on the diet. I'm more active now but still no where near as active as a healthy person my age is. It's helped my legs a ton but still need a cane/crutch to get around. I've gotten up to being able to tolerate walking about 2 miles on a track with just a little discomfort/pain on the last couple of laps. For me that is a marathon, I used to not be able to walk further than 100ft before pain started ramping up.

Some foods I can eat with no worries like fish and most of the time chicken. Food that is dense like steak & pork, it has to be tenderize or small enough to chew the hell out of, otherwise after 3-4 bites I'm full and I have to wait 30-45 mins to finish the rest. Some foods I just can't handle, goes right thru me like Taco bell after a night of drinking. Eggs are a roll of the dice, sometimes no issues, other times it feels like I just ate concrete.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Yeah I remember some of your history, but man you've been through a lot. Glad to hear that you're getting around much better. That's gotta be good for the car tinkering too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Navy Blue Metallic

Oh hell yeah....except when I need to lay across the engine bay to reach the back stuff along the firewall. No more cushion

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

That'll be my excuse for keeping the belly from now on

red
    95 Z28

Hamburger and steak won't hurt you one bit. Eat steak all day every day and it won't do a damn thing to make you gain weight or raise cholesterol. It's all about the sugar and crap carbs. I lift weights and do cardio regularly, so I need some carbs, but otherwise, stay away from especially the sugars. And it isn't easy. I have a sweet tooth, and sugar addiction is a real thing. It sucks.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sweets generally don't do anything for me so avoiding them is very easy. It is the salty snacks that are the bane of my existence. I am still down over 20 lbs from my pre-kidney stone weight when I changed my eating habits and stopped drinking diet soda.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Hamburger and steak won't hurt you one bit. Eat steak all day every day and it won't do a damn thing to make you gain weight or raise cholesterol. It's all about the sugar and crap carbs. I lift weights and do cardio regularly, so I need some carbs, but otherwise, stay away from especially the sugars. And it isn't easy. I have a sweet tooth, and sugar addiction is a real thing. It sucks.

Tell me about it....

Haven't had a Dr Pepper in over a yr. I feel like I'm in AA.

Hello my name is.....I've been 1 yr sober from Dr Pepper....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Steak is loaded with cholesterol and saturated fats. Any health and nutrition site will tell you that. To think otherwise is naive. The cut of meat and portion will dictate how much you intake towards your daily allowance, but it is still high on the list of foods to watch if your cholesterol is high.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Steak is loaded with cholesterol and saturated fats. Any health and nutrition site will tell you that. To think otherwise is naive. The cut of meat and portion will dictate how much you intake towards your daily allowance, but it is still high on the list of foods to watch if your cholesterol is high.

We've been lied to for a lot of years about what makes us fat. Cambridge university did a decade long study regarding saturated fat intake as it relates to weight gain, heart disease, and high cholesterol. Guess what... no link between saturated fat intake and any of those things. You have to be careful too, because there are still a lot of doctors out there that believe the bullshit. Eat steak, eggs, and bacon all you want. Cholesterol is as much a genetic issue as it is a dietary one also. Even when I weighed 275 pounds when I was 21, my cholesterol was never over 130. I'm about 210 right now, and it's 115.

You don't need to take my word for any of this though. The studies have been done. They're fairly conclusive.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Well right now I'm just sitting here watching Bad Boys 2 while having a pint....of ice cream

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Panko crusted thin sliced chicken breasts with pepper and garlic seasoning, sauteed corn with roasted garlic and herb seasoning, and gnocchi with Italian seasoning and a sprinkle of shredded cheese for dinner this evening.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information