Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

You guys won't believe this.

Hi guys and gals. It's been a while since I posted a thread. I have some news. My Trans Am got flooded 2 times within a 1 month period of time. We had a biblical type rain April 18th. We had 3 1/2 feet of water in and around the house while the Trans Am was in the garage. I had been trying to nurse it along slowly. And then on May 20th we had an even worse rain. The house had over 6 feet of water. The house was a complete loss. The water line on the house showed that the Trans Am was sitting in a lake that was 3 1/2 feet above the roof of the car. Soooo...... We only had liability on it. I didn't have the facilities to bring the car back to the way it was. I have a company in Houston (HP Motorsports) trying to bring it back to life. They have had it since June. They are getting closer every day. The are saying a couple more weeks.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Ugh.... Must be a heck of a car....

So your home insurance won't cover it, huh?

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Wow....

Guy, i feel for you!

if the car was literally under water they must be having
    a real fight to get that back as a goodun?

I hope you have good luck with everything.....

Trev

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Ugh.... Must be a heck of a car....

So your home insurance won't cover it, huh?
    Hey there. Yes it was and is. That pic on my profile is it. I put a ton of money into it. I did the whole build all by myself. And I'm spending a ton to get it back too!

No. We didn't have flood insurance, because we weren't in a flood zone. And the second biblical rain hit before we had a chance to get the insurance.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post
    Wow....

Guy, i feel for you!

if the car was literally under water they must be having
    a real fight to get that back as a goodun?

I hope you have good luck with everything.....

Trev
    Hey Trev. It's good to hear from you. Yep it was literally sitting in a lake that was 3 1/2 feet above the roof. I'm so ashamed at how much it's costing to get it back that I will never tell how much.

Thank you Trev. I appreciate it.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Sucks to hear man. I hope you can get it back together with no issue's after its all done. Good luck.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

How horrible. I also hope they'll be able to bring it back to life. Flood insurance is so expensive, too, and when you don't live in a flood zone, it's the last thing on your mind. Best of luck to you!

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Sucks to hear man. I hope you can get it back together with no issue's after its all done. Good luck.
    Thank ya sir. Me too

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    How horrible. I also hope they'll be able to bring it back to life. Flood insurance is so expensive, too, and when you don't live in a flood zone, it's the last thing on your mind. Best of luck to you!
    Thank you so much Dena. So true. We got a quote for flood insurance after flood no. 2. $10,000 deductible.........

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

When I got out of the military, I considered moving to TX (because 'Murica! ), but damn... the weather is what put me off. Outside of TX, it seems that WHENEVER you see that state in the news, it's because of a flood...

I started researching flood insurance and flood zones and just said "eff it. Let's just move to AZ instead" (again, because 'Murica!... I'm originally from Cali... ).

I'm bummed out over your car, and I somewhat relate to the "shame" of how much it costs. I put a lot of money into getting my car back into running shape and I'm also reluctant to say how much it ended up costing...
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

When I got out of the military, I considered moving to TX (because 'Murica! ), but damn... the weather is what put me off. Outside of TX, it seems that WHENEVER you see that state in the news, it's because of a flood...

I started researching flood insurance and flood zones and just said "eff it. Let's just move to AZ instead" (again, because 'Murica!... I'm originally from Cali... ).

I'm bummed out over your car, and I somewhat relate to the "shame" of how much it costs. I put a lot of money into getting my car back into running shape and I'm also reluctant to say how much it ended up costing...
    Oh man thank you for your service. Yep. Weather wise you just don't know what your going to get. All over the country. Lota bad things going on.

From Cali? Cool.

Really? Did you have something similar to your car?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Damn... hope everything works out for you.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by cowstandmoto View Post
    Oh man thank you for your service. Yep. Weather wise you just don't know what your going to get. All over the country. Lota bad things going on.

From Cali? Cool.

Really? Did you have something similar to your car?
    Not similar, but the engine crapped out on me. Started "silently" consuming oil with no symptoms. One day it made a strange rattling noise. When the oil was drained, about 1.5 qts is all that came out (and a bunch of the internals, with it). Swapped in an engine from a 2001 Trans Am with heads/cam. Car is good fun, but not sure it was worth the price.

Sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Damn... hope everything works out for you.
    Hey Jeff. It's good to hear from you. Thank ya sir.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Not similar, but the engine crapped out on me. Started "silently" consuming oil with no symptoms. One day it made a strange rattling noise. When the oil was drained, about 1.5 qts is all that came out (and a bunch of the internals, with it). Swapped in an engine from a 2001 Trans Am with heads/cam. Car is good fun, but not sure it was worth the price.
    Oh wow really? Good grief that sux! I'm sorry.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mbradburn79 View Post
    Sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Michael. I really appreciate it. Welcome to LS1 too. Everyone here is wonderful.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

If you do get a used LS1 make sure you find out what yr the block is. 97-99 LS1's have a weak oil pump. In 2000 they started putting in the LS6 oil pump as OEM.

If you do get a 97-99 LS1 spend the extra $150 and get either a LS6 oil pump or a Melling 10295 oil pump.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    If you do get a used LS1 make sure you find out what yr the block is. 97-99 LS1's have a weak oil pump. In 2000 they started putting in the LS6 oil pump as OEM.

If you do get a 97-99 LS1 spend the extra $150 and get either a LS6 oil pump or a Melling 10295 oil pump.
    Oh man, thank you so much Scott. They told me what they were using but I forgot. I will call them right now and find out.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

Just talked to them Scott. They are using my block so no worries.

Thread Information