Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Question Is Uber a safe way of travel/transportation?

I know a lot of women that use it late at might also.........Your thoughts?????

Uber driver kidnapped, assaulted passenger who passed out at DC bar, police say | Fox News

black
    78 z28

Is Uber a safe way of travel/transportation?

I am an Uber driver to make some extra money it's not the system as a wholethere's just the fucked up people in the world taking advantage of people when they're most vulnerable which happens even with regular cab drivers bar tenders security guards...it's not limited to just one occupation those fucked up people sneak and sleeze their way into every part of society. I had a girl sat night practically naked in my back seat bc her friend threw up on her shirt. tilted my mirror away from her and never looked back like most people would but then again I'm married and a veteran. sorry about the rant but to answer your question and mode of public transportation has its risks

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by c0brakiller View Post
    I am an Uber driver to make some extra money it's not the system as a wholethere's just the fucked up people in the world taking advantage of people when they're most vulnerable which happens even with regular cab drivers bar tenders security guards...it's not limited to just one occupation those fucked up people sneak and sleeze their way into every part of society. I had a girl sat night practically naked in my back seat bc her friend threw up on her shirt. tilted my mirror away from her and never looked back like most people would but then again I'm married and a veteran. sorry about the rant but to answer your question and mode of public transportation has its risks
    There is risk in everything........but with uber it just seems like random strangers picking you up with no company to vouch for them man.....with a cabbie your getting a guy where that's really like his profession working for a company....it just seems less risky...although i'm sure there are bad ones.....great to hear your a honest uber driver it's amazing what people will do in the presence of a stranger........ after telling me that story of yours
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by c0brakiller View Post
    Comprehensive List of Uber Incidents and Assaults | Who’s Driving You?

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Use it and find out? I've kicked the idea around of signing up to drive since I have a 40 mile commute each way but then I think I may have to interact with people
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

I use it a lot with business travels. Zero issues and ive probably used it 40 times
    1999 Trans Am (a4) 2800stall, MACs,cutout,2.73s
    http://images5.theimagehosting.com/469211_5_full.jpg

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I learned a very long time ago to never get into cars with strangers and I never have. As a woman, I'm probably less likely to use Uber than you guys. Females always need to be a bit more cautious. I guess a better question would be, would any of you allow your teenage daughters to use Uber or feel comfortable with your young adult daughters using Uber?

black
    78 z28

if you ever have a problem with a driver all they have to do is rate them one star after their trip and they'll never get that driver again...I've been a driver part time just to make some extra money and have had plenty of younger teenage kids boys and girls but like I said you have creeps and weirdos but if you don't feel comfortable there's ways to not deal with that driver anymore

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I have no doubt that there are decent good people driving. But yeah, there are always the creeps and weirdos. I should probably look more into how the system works on the business end with regulations and bylaws and such. I don't know much about it. I wouldn't have a need for such a service personally but could see how living in or working in the city could make it an attractive alternative to taxi, bus or train travel.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

used it a few times in Chicago......it was a ride. I have no positive or negative to say about it really. Got us from point A to point B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

black
    78 z28

I live down the jersey Shore and not too terribly busy I usually head a little more north only one trip into NYC so far but mostly people going to work or coming home from work/friends house or bar....not nearly as expensive as a dui lol

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    So I guess the answer is that it's not safe if you disrespect the driver's Civic...
    Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Someone didn't follow rule #1

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Rating someone 1 star after they've attacked you, kidnapped you, or did whatever else to you probably doesn't really matter lol.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information