iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

wanted- stock catalytic converters for 98-02 V8 Firebird

hello all

Moving back to California from Texas had its drawbacks, vehicle-wise it is the California Air Resources Board (CARB),I won't go into the mess I am having trying to get my 2000 Firebird Formula (LS1) WS6 smogged, but it has been a nightmare.

I need the two STOCK catalytic converters (both sides) from a similar vehicle, which could be from any 1998-2002 LS1 Firebird or Camaro. Just let me know what you want for them and the miles they have on them and we can figure out the shippingonce you let me know you have a pair. The cats should have less than 100,00 miles on them (mine are supposedly going outaccording to the smog checks) with only 145,00 miles on my vehicle. The cats MUST be stock, factory GM! I do not know if my car being a WS6 changes anything, that is to say, I do
    not know if the cats on the regular V-8 ls1 firebirds and Camaros are different on a WS-6, but I would imagine
    they would be the same because they are both LS-1 motors. Used cats are fine, as long as not over 100k miles.

yes sir, California is the ONLY state in the USA which bans anything aftermarket when it comes to smog. even cats thatsupposedly meet California standards are a no-go here. check on ebay, all the aftermarket cats or pipes will NOT be shipped to California and you can bet the great smog detectors they have here will expose it even if I did put aftermarket cats on.

So, if you replaced your stock cats in a state not as strict as California when it comes to smog and replaced
    your stock cats with headers or whatever and still have your stock cats around, please let me know... thanks, mike

tuggytuggyboat@yahoo.com

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

As an incentive, I have a factory full propaganda booklets in super shape for the 2002 Pontiac WS-6 Firebirds that I can toss in the deal if you want it. btw, I am the original owner and I will be putting my 2000 WS-6 Firebird up for sale as soon as I can get it smogged, I have ALL of the stuff that goes with the car when you buy one new, less than 2,000 miles on all-season F1 eagle tires (same as stock), about 145,000 on the car itself.

thanks again... mike

iTrader

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Mike, I have a pair of cats that came off of a low mileage (48K) 2002 TA that I bought and put up for spares that are no longer needed. One of the two had broken studs when they removed it so I drilled and replaced them. The other cat has a bolt through flange with no studs. There is no difference between WS6 and other TAs but there is a difference between 49 State emissions and cars that were originally built for CA. These are most likely 49 State cats. I'm not sure how to tell the difference and not sure if it would make a difference to your Smog checker unless your car was originally built for the CA market. PM me with your email and I'll send you some photos. I'm not looking to make money, would want $70 for the pair plus shipping. Also, these things being what they are, used parts, and being shipped and probably handled less than gently in the process, I make no promises on their suitability. Bottom line you are placing a cheap bet to save some money instead of buying new. I also have the matching original exhaust manifolds if you need them.

Steve
    Last edited by sjgreen6; 10-29-2016 at 12:45 PM.

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

thank for the offer

Quote Originally Posted by sjgreen6 View Post
    Mike, I have a pair of cats that came off of a low mileage (48K) 2002 TA that I bought and put up for spares that are no longer needed. One of the two had broken studs when they removed it so I drilled and replaced them. The other cat has a bolt through flange with no studs. There is no difference between WS6 and other TAs but there is a difference between 49 State emissions and cars that were originally built for CA. These are most likely 49 State cats. I'm not sure how to tell the difference and not sure if it would make a difference to your Smog checker unless your car was originally built for the CA market. PM me with your email and I'll send you some photos. I'm not looking to make money, would want $70 for the pair plus shipping. Also, these things being what they are, used parts, and being shipped and probably handled less than gently in the process, I make no promises on their suitability. Bottom line you are placing a cheap bet to save some money instead of buying new. I also have the matching original exhaust manifolds if you need them.

Steve
    thank Steve, it would have really helped. since then, unfortunately, due to the smart people at c.a.r.b., now not even a used converter can be put on, even if from a calif car. I could problably put it on and hope they don't catch it, but our car government can be silly sometimes...

iTrader

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by ws66sw View Post
    thank Steve, it would have really helped. since then, unfortunately, due to the smart people at c.a.r.b., now not even a used converter can be put on, even if from a calif car. I could problably put it on and hope they don't catch it, but our car government can be silly sometimes...
    Did they already inspect the car in CA?

iTrader

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I would take these if they are still available? I have a 02 z28.... MY zip is 85040
    Thanks!!!

iTrader

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

I sent you a PM. Shoot me your email and I'll send you some photos and we'll talk about shipping.

Steve

iTrader

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ws66sw View Post
    That doesn't make sense to me. That sounds like you're saying that every single car needs brand new catalytic converters.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information