Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 has line lock for sweet burnout mode

Filed under: Videos,Chevrolet,Coupe,Performance
    The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 will come a line lock feature that locks the front brakes and lets you spin up the rear to you rubber-burning heart's content.Continue reading 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 has line lock for sweet burnout mode
    2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 has line lock for sweet burnout mode originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 26 Jun 2016 11:50:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Okay, so... I'm maybe I'm a little "young" to understand, but, what is the deal with burning rubber? Maybe old school muscle cars had cheap tires back in the day, but lately, premium cars require premium shoes... Not to mention the downtime.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Okay, so... I'm maybe I'm a little "young" to understand, but, what is the deal with burning rubber? Maybe old school muscle cars had cheap tires back in the day, but lately, premium cars require premium shoes... Not to mention the downtime.
    Only thing I would like about it is that you can warm up a set of wet tires, or drag radials/slick when prepping for a 1/4 mile run, other than that, I'm not all that impressed.

Without a seriously hard clutch drop, I couldnt even smoke my tires up, and I have 356 hp at the wheels because they are sticky. A guy on the street thats smoking up thier tires is telling everyone that they have crappy tires in my book.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Agreed. Your car has similar power to mine. Not that I've tried, but the only time I've ever broken loose on my current tires I was going faster than I realized while turning onto an on-ramp in 2nd. And I dumped the throttle, carrying more speed than my "butt-o-meter" was indicating. Tail slipped out quietly and smoothly, I counter steered and put her back online, never even let up off the gas.

It's a $1000 set of tires... kinda not something I want to be "smoking." I know on the ZL1, they'd be even more expensive (same tier of tire, but bigger than what I run).

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Agreed. Your car has similar power to mine. Not that I've tried, but the only time I've ever broken loose on my current tires I was going faster than I realized while turning onto an on-ramp in 2nd. And I dumped the throttle, carrying more speed than my "butt-o-meter" was indicating. Tail slipped out quietly and smoothly, I counter steered and put her back online, never even let up off the gas.

It's a $1000 set of tires... kinda not something I want to be "smoking." I know on the ZL1, they'd be even more expensive (same tier of tire, but bigger than what I run).
    Now my snow tires, a totally different story; 3/4 throttle, tons of smoke, just romped on the throttle after doing Seafoam kida smoke, enough traction to still pull away from the Benz SUV that was trying to be a dbag on the road. I wonder if the cabin filters, filteate rubber?

My Continental Extreme Contact DW tires were less than $200.00 each, mounted, balanced, and out thhe door.

Thread Information