Clutch issue is driving me crazy

I am going to start with a run down of what I have first

2002 Trans am M6, 5.0 shifter, tick master cylinder, with remote bleeder. 45000 original miles

The first issue, the car was not shifting into gear above 5500 rpm, once the rpm dropped the car would engage. transmission and snychros feel tight, as well does the shifter. I have vac bled the master and the slave, pedal feel is firm, clutch grabs right off the floor, which I hear is normal for the tick MC. But the car will now not shift and is worse then when I started. I can tell the clutch is not fully disengaging, with the car in reverse on a flat surface and clutch in it still slowly rolls backwards. same with the forward gears. also the idling rpm's are around 600-750 with the clutch pushed in. Could this be due to master cylinder adjustment? I am going to go ahead and pull the trans to see the condition of the clutch and slave cylinder. I had just recently purchased the car and don't even know what clutch is in it. I was told that the flywheel was changed to a LS7 but not sure if the whole clutch was changed. Anyone have any suggestions of what to check I am running out of options fast.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would first check the level of the fluid and also see if it is dirty.

What you are describing sounds like a fluid problem (dirty or low) or a faulty clutch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

just flushed the system with new fluid. after review some of the photos i had taken from under the dash of the adjustable MC i noticed that mine is threaded all the way out which I could imagine maybe causing alot of the issue. so tonight I am going to attempt to tighten it up and see if it makes a difference. this is going to be my last ditch effort before I have to start pulling things apart and throwing money at it.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

If the flywheel was replaced, that means the clutch came out. If the clutch is new, isn't it possible that it needs a break in? Have you put at least 500 street miles on it yet?

I had an LS7 clutch/flywheel swap done and after I thought I had broken it in all the way, I did some WOT pulls, but ran into problems in the 5500+ range. After a few more miles, everything synched right up and it runs fine.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

From my experience, that's usually chatter and not the clutch not fully disengaging.

When you flushed the system and added new, was the fluid low or did you notice any leaks? Possibly to where fluid could have got on the clutch assembly?

I'm not really sure on the MC adjustment question.

Adjusted the master and now it's fixed. Strange but shifts like a dream.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I wonder if there wasn't enough fluid pressure before.

Well it was adjusted all the way out so I turned it all the way in and then turned it 4 turns out and started there. Only had to turn it out one more turn.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Great to hear. Its always a pain when the car isn't doing what its supposed to, but such a relief when the fix is relatively simple.

Thread Information