Thread: Monsoon or ?

White
    01 Trans Am WS6

Monsoon or ?

I have had my car for over a year now and thought the monsoon system was crap and found out this past weekend why. I installed new shocks and had to remove the rear seat side panels and much to my surprise, there are no speakers at all behind the panel! Looking for opinions on speakers to put in there. Should I find some OE monsoon GM speakers or are there better aftermarket ones available? I also considered putting 6-3/4” subwoofers in. Thoughts?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Kee Audio and Double D Mods do packages for our cars that are plug and play or you can buy just the pieces you need.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by trailshredder View Post
    I have had my car for over a year now and thought the monsoon system was crap and found out this past weekend why. I installed new shocks and had to remove the rear seat side panels and much to my surprise, there are no speakers at all behind the panel! Looking for opinions on speakers to put in there. Should I find some OE monsoon GM speakers or are there better aftermarket ones available? I also considered putting 6-3/4” subwoofers in. Thoughts?
    When you say "rear seat side panels" do you mean the sail panels (to the forward and side if the rear seats), or the speakers right behind the back seats in the trunk?

The ones in the sail panels are subs and Ian at Kee's set me up with some awesome subs that went right in, just needed to remove the connector from the old sub, and solder them on the new ones.

The ones behind the rear seats should be "regular" type speakers (if I remember right).

Doublecheck to make sure that your amp is in the passenger side quarter panel too.

White
    01 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    When you say "rear seat side panels" do you mean the sail panels (to the forward and side if the rear seats), or the speakers right behind the back seats in the trunk?

The ones in the sail panels are subs and Ian at Kee's set me up with some awesome subs that went right in, just needed to remove the connector from the old sub, and solder them on the new ones.

The ones behind the rear seats should be "regular" type speakers (if I remember right).

Doublecheck to make sure that your amp is in the passenger side quarter panel too.
    The panels on the forward side of the rear seats, so yes, the sail panels, I guess. I'll check out Kee's. Good to hear they are subs, it is really missing some low end. I'll check for the amp in the QTR panel too, did not know that.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Does anyone make a kit that allows an aftermarket head unit work with the monsoon amp?

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Does anyone make a kit that allows an aftermarket head unit work with the monsoon amp?
    You don't need a kit. Just swap the head unit.

Thread Information