Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Saw a "clone" of my car

On the way home from work last week, I was buzzing along on the freeway and saw what appeared to be another 4th Gen of the same color combo as mine traveling in the opposite direction. I only got a momentary glance, but I was pretty sure it was the same. The reason that it was surprising is that my car is a fairly rare color (Cayenne Metallic), and it has a tan convertible top. When I took it to the body shop for my insurance claim, the adjuster mentioned that my car was 1 of 42.

But interestingly, on the way to work today, I passed a residential intersection and saw another 98+ Camaro "reddish" in color rolling up to the stop sign on the cross street. I thought it must be SOM, but after a good, long look I'm sure it was Cayenne Metallic. Not only that, but it had the tan convertible top. I have known about one other Cayenne Metallic car in my area, but it's a 97, and in pretty miserable shape (at least, the paint is). This car was a 98 (the only other year that color was produced) and looked beautiful. Made me wish I had washed my car on my day off. :P

I know all you guys that drive a black or red car see this kind of thing all the time; but in this case, it was kinda weird. I wish I could have talked to the driver: I would have liked to hear the story of where/when he got his car.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

All F- bodies turn my head these days, but I agree that the rarer color/option combos garner my interest more. I especially like the color of your car and SOM.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Thanks. Truth be told, I like SOM better, but... whatever. It seems like SOM was the color that replaced Cayenne. Depending on the lighting, it can be easy to confuse one for the other.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Thread Information