Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I'm no expert, so forgive me if this sounds naïve: did you consider a rubber or poly bushing in lieu of the washers?
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Good question. Take a close look at the floor pan. Our f-bodys have the exact same weak spot. With a bushing in between the rollbar plate and SBFC, there would be some give, now there's not.

For the real chasis experts, I know this isn't a cure, rather just a bandaid compared to making some 12" x 12" plates and welding them to the floor.

Last pics of this project:

1. SFI padding fully encircling cross bar.

2. Cross bar complete.

3. Roll bar padding complete.

The electrical tape looks a little out of place but it's not bad in person. I tightly taped the crossbar and top bar of main hoop due to these areas having 360 degrees of SFI and SOFT padding. Using electrical tape on the zip ties and in between them with a good sized spread of the tape ensures a much tighter clamping force over the entire padded bar.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Now that you have the goodies to go fast... where and how will you be using them?

Haha. Still have to buy a helmet and screw in valve stems. Island dragway after that. Would like to make my way over to Carlisle in June but it looks like I already have plans that weekend.

I'm not sure what this setup will run- 315's GSD3 street tires, A/C delete, full bolt ons besides electric water pump, BBK 85mm tb/mani, 2.5 5.3 L heads milled .050 at 11.0:1, ASA camshaft and supporting valvetrain. I'm confident with all the suspension work I've done, stock springs ftw. Last but not least, finally got my Yank SS4000 installed in a FLT Lvl 4 a few weekends ago. Still breaking in the converter after 150 miles but really looking forward to letting her loose!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you can get off the line decently you should easily be in the 11's with that combo. With a completely stock internal/head engine our car has run a best of 12.3 in the quarter.

Are you still running the Yank SS3600? 12.3 isn't bad at all for stock internals. What tire are you guys using?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Performabuilt 3,200 torque converter (I should have went with 3,600, but we do street drive the car quite a bit). Tires are Hoosier skinnies up front and Quick Time Pros out back mounted on Bogart D10 wheels.

Thread Information