Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Timeline for Tragedy in Atlanta…

Timeline for Tragedy in Atlanta…

Thursday – After work I headed to Cincinnati, normally a 1.5 hour drive it turned into almost 3 because of fog on the country roads. When I got there I met Jaison and Joel. (Diph and Zboner) We had a good time just driving around and checking out part of the city just shooting the shit. Everything was pretty much closed as far as the bars go so by the time I got there and we headed out it was to late for last call. Pretty pathetic since it was only around 1am. Joel’s Z wasn’t shifting very well after he got it fixed with a stall this time so he decided not to take his car down to Atlanta and he was going to ride with me in the morning. Just needs his shift points fixed in the computer, but the way it was running would have been a disaster if he’d of broken down 500 miles from home.

Friday – We wake up, I hit the shower and Jaison makes some pancakes that were damn tastey and we head out to gas up the cars and pick up Joel. When we get on the road we’re immediately in some traffic. Apparently a FORD truck wrecked pretty bad and that’s what all the commotion was. Joel snapped a picture going by but I never saw if it turned out or not. We eventually get going and make a few stop along the way for gas, food, and a few other things. When we make it to Atlanta we checked into the hotel and waited on Dave (Big D) to show up. He pulls up in his SS and god damn; I remembered why I ditched the loudmouth. Once he turns his car off we can actually introduce ourselves and start what’s going to be a fun weekend. We head to the track and Jaison and I are the only ones going to run, but somehow Jaison is missing a lug nut so I’m the only one going to be headed down the track. Nothing impressive on the runs for me, I had trouble hooking up but was progressively getting better after each run. Wish I could of gotten more than 3 in. The guys said the track even looked wet. I guess the good news is I had a best rt of .3 something and went faster than the car stock on my last run haha. Well after everything’s over we head back to Applebee’s for some dinner and just shoot the shit for a while. When we’re done eating we basically call it a night and go back to the hotel, shoot the shit with D before he takes off and call it a night.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Going good so far except for the Monsoon that hit us when we got back to the hotel.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

waiting

Saturday – Well it rained pretty hard during the night and Dave had to take off in it but we slept pretty well through the storm. There’s mud in the roads and we’re kicking it up on our cars during the day a little bit and we get a few on and off showers in the area but nothing that really affects the day. We wake up, get some McDonalds, and head to Road Atlanta for the Car Show. D and I drive everyone and we see some awesome cars. Out of no where Chip Foose Drive up right in front of us in a 68 Camaro… Of course we don’t even notice till he gets out of the car because we’re starting at the ride. When it sinks in we’re just awestruck and he gets out and waves. We think did that just happen? We could of waited in line and got his autograph but by the time we decided to do that the line was blocked off until the next signing at 3:30. He probably doesn’t need to hear you should do my car or my buddies ect… from us anyway, I’m sure he get’s it all the time. So we wonder off and check out some more rides. Then we watch some cars go around the road course and are starting to get hungry. We had planned on grilling out so we go to the gas station to get some beer to go with the burgers and head back to D’s place. When we get there Jaison cooks up some fantastic ground on the grill. The guy should quit his job and become a fulltime chef they were so good. Well we eat and start washing the cars to get the ready for a group picture. After that we line the cars up and snap some pictures. Throw a few beers in the car and head to the track to watch cars go as fast as 4.5 seconds in the 1/8th mile. Those dragsters were screaming down the track and it was awesome. The sun starts going down and I’m done drinking the 3 things I had for me at the track, have to drive back safe. We’re going to head on off to D’s place for some pool and call it a night.

Saturday Night around 11:15 Tragedy Strikes. I’m on the road and I know where I’m going but it is very dark. Going around a corner that says 45mph I don’t want to put my brights on and cause a head on accident with whatever might be around the corner so I just start slowing down. I loose the back end of the car going over some mud that had seeped into the road. I had no brakes, the tires picked up to much mud to slow down so I started to skid off the road at 45mph like I was on ice. I almost saved the car and could of coasted back onto the road but I went over a culvert pipe and it tore my exhaust up and threw me sideways. I almost avoided a tree but I could barely steer the car through the mud and smacked it on my passenger side as I took my foot off the break slid to a stop about 120 feet past it off the road just a little. The car is still running, the airbags didn’t go off, and I try to put it into gear but she’s not going anywhere. I get out to check to see if it’s drivable and the fender is pinching the wheel just enough that I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. Dave pulls up and I told him what had happened. I’m fine just shook up, it’s a fucking car and the sub-frames I put on probably protected me from injury since I got out without a scratch or a bruise on me. Glass on the passenger side had shattered but just dropped into the seat in one piece because of the tint. Anyone riding with me would have been just as ok as me. Dave calls his wrecker buddy and we get a toe truck coming out almost immediately.

Black
    99 SS

RIP bird

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

Mad, I am sorry for your loss, glad your ok and didnt get hurt though.....

Neighbors are watching and only one, the guy who’s house I stopped in front of came out and asked if I was alright. Someone else who was just watching the whole thing called the cops and didn’t bother to check if I was ok. So the cop rolls up and asks who was the driver, anyone hurt, anyone else involved. Looks at D’s SS and asks if we were “hot-dogging” it or racing. I said NO! I lost it on some mud back there and almost saved it before I hit the tree. Not even knowing it was the culvert pipe that really screwed me in the long run. He asked how fast I was going and I said 40-45, I saw the sign and it was dark so I was slowing down to go around the turn and that’s when I lost the car. Cop said he’s seen wrecks like this and says I know you were going faster than 45, now how fast were you going. Again I say 45 with a dead stare in my eyes thinking (“DO NOT FUCK WITH ME.” I was basically on ice! Something your redneck ass has never seen before and I couldn’t stop!) There were not tire marks left in the road to prove how fast or slow I was going, if I had tired marks in the road I wouldn’t of wrecked because my car would of stopped. So all they had to go on was where I hit the culvert pipe, the tree, and where I stopped. If these were skid marks I’d be at an estimated 25 over the speed limit, but it’s sliding through mud, so it will prove I was going less than the speed limit. The Cop asks, “Have you been drinking?” Thinking I can’t say no in case I get a breathalyzer I answer honestly, I’m responsible for this and there’s no way out of it. Yea I had a few throughout the day, but I never got drunk and I stopped drinking around sundown. Ok he says, you’ll have the “OPTION” to do a breathalyzer test when the other unit shows up with it. He goes back to do his report with my license and insurance card and I talk with Dave, Joel, Mike Dave’s wrecker buddy, and his ex about everything. They say they can’t even smell alcohol on my breath. So I’m not to concerned about that right now. I inspect the damage and I don’t know if it can be fixed… of course anything can, but for a price. Cop comes back up as I snap a picture of the car as she sits and gives me a sobriety test. He walks around me so he’s uphill and tells me to do what he’s doing. Feet together, arms out, palms up, head looking up with your eyes shut, lean back (WTF I’m gona fall just because of gravity if I lean to far because I’m facing uphill right now) and touch your nose with your index finger on your right hand. Ok, so I do that just fine and he’s like one more time, do it with me and watch… he says. “Now THIS TIME, I want you to use your right hand” WTF this time? Last time it was the right hand too, stop trying to trick me I’m not drunk! I’m shaking, my kneecaps wont stop motor-boating my jeans and you’re setting me up to fall back and trick me as I do this. He makes me do one more test and it’s say the alphabet from G-Z, I’m nervous as hell but I get through it just fine. He makes me walk back to the cop car and they get out a breathalyzer test. It’s either pass or fail, so I blow… Dave told me if I didn’t they could charge me with an automatic DUI. The cops are whispering to each other and I hear them say he passed go get the new one. Ok what the hell? You don’t trust your equipment, I passed both your tests now you want me to do a third? Well I have to cooperate, you’re just doing you job, poorly I might add… So I blow and they’re whispering again but I can’t pick up what they’re saying. Ok Ed, we’re going have to take you down to the station. The cuff me, sit me down in the car, and tell me I’m going to blow to find out exactly my alcohol content… I empty my pockets and hang onto my cell phone, memorize Dave’s home number incase it dies and I’ll call them when I get my chance.

Black
    99 SS

it was shitty

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

damn brother....sorry man...cops are fucking dicks.....

Black 00 SS M6, vert, #0540 408ci

DD 2014 Sierra All Terrain

The Station – Immediately as I get down to the station they rush to the testing area so I can blow. They make me do it twice and come up with .059, I’m thinking ok good I can go since the legal limit is .08. Not the case you fuckin yankee, we’re going to charge you with DUI “Less than Safe” UHHHHHHHH WHAT!!!!!!! Why even have legal limits? Shit because of some misfortune of mud in the road they’re trying to say my blood alcohol content is what caused me to wreck. So ok, fuck it whatever I want outa here what’s bail? 2000, but they have to add 100 dollars for some reason. So they give me the number for a bail bond and I call Dave’s house. We need to come up with 10% which shouldn’t be hard and they’ll be able to get me around 730am. Well as I’m getting checked in the night dispatcher says usually a bail bond guy calls by now why don’t you give your buddies another call and see what’s going on. So I do that and no one will let me get out on bail without paying the full $2100. I’m thinking shit, who has that kind of money, CASH on them on a Sunday morning? I have to be at work Monday and I have no way of letting them know what happened to me if I don’t show up! So the dispatcher calls the bondsmen and tells him I have a Bachelors, First Offence, No Speeding Tickets, Good Job, ect… you have to help this kid out there’s nothing to say he’d jump bail. At that point I get locked up. They were kind enough not to put me in the drunk tank because I was being such a good sport, I got 2 blankets, a mat to sleep on and two plastic pillows. Well I didn’t sleep; I couldn’t stop thinking about the car. 7:30 rolls around and I get breakfast. Dried up eggs, buttered toast dried up, dried up sausage, and dried up something that looks like ground wheat that tastes nasty by itself, with salt, and with pepper… yea no way to make this meal taste good. I couldn’t chew my food I was so shook up... Hell it’s Friday and I’m still having trouble eating. The chocolate milk I had was good though. So I don’t have a clock in there and I’m expecting the guys to come and bail me out but time keeps going by. Only reason I knew it was 7:30 is because I asked when I had breakfast brought to me.

Cliff notes?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

It was an ugly weekend after we left the track.

11:00 comes around and I have visitors. It’s the guys and my fear was correct, they still need $2100. So I give them my parent’s number and they think it’s a scam because they can’t talk to me. They even called the jail and they wouldn’t give any verification that I was in there ect… So eventually I get to talk to my parents and explain I’m going to need an attorney for this. Somewhere in the middle of everything they find out all I need for a cash payout if I can’t get a bond is $836. Ok what the hell, they wanted $1264 more dollars from me and didn’t care to tell me about the cash buyout! Something is seriously going on here that just isn’t right. So I get out for $836, which had to be exact change… They wouldn’t take 900 dollars so a redneck had to break it for us since 2 stores by the jail didn’t have the cash to do it… On the way out I said breakfast wasn’t to bad, but what was that white stuff… I got the stare of “Are you stupid son?” And they looked at me and said That’s Grits, What? I asked again… Grits, ok that’s what I thought they said… Whatever, anyway I get out and call my folks up and try to eat some pizza they guys had gotten. What a Horrible ending to a perfect weekend. How did I get home? Road back to Cincinnati with Mike (zBizkit) and spent the night at diphs place. He took Monday off and was kind enough to drive me back to Muncie for a tank of gas. Lots of good memories guys and friendships made that won’t be forgotten. I feel like I could hang out with anyone of you any day of the week if it was just to shoot the shit or go out and have some fun at the bars. This video’s for you and everyone else to see what a good time we had and the tragic ending to it all.

Go to http://ilocker.bsu.edu/users/edigras/world_shared and right click on the Atlanta file and save it to your computer. Then open it up and watch what I put together.

btw it's not dial up friendly

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    btw it's not dial up friendly
    NO it's not. I'm going to have to copy it to disk from work and take it home and play it. I agree friendships were made and lots of good times. I just sished it could've ended like it started on a good note. Thanks for putting all of this together for us Ed(Mad). You did one helluva job on it. RIP HAWK

Where's the car now? Was it a total loss?

Black
    99 SS

thanlks for putting the video together Ed i know i must of been very hard to do that. like Ed said we all had a great time. made some good friends and had an experience i would never forget. so ill be going to G10 hoping to meet some new people and finally meet Rob's ass

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie
    It is here in Ga at my buddies house. And yes it is probably a total loss. If not it will never be right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie
    Didn't have collision because I don't drive stupid and am supposed to be covered if I hit a dear or get run off the road... We'll see what happens, but I'm expecting the worse, no help from insurance. They might wait to see what happens with this DUI before I get a chance for money out of it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information