Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Heads and Cam Packages?

I have a 2000 Camaro SS with 103,xxx miles looking to do a heads and cam package what would be a great setup. I was looking at the texas performance but I want a setup where I don't need to run race fuel. Then after that what kind of pistons and valves would be a start?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Heads and Cam Packages?

Budget & end goals?

Still want it to have street manners or heavy track duty?

Other supporting mods like suspension, rear end, transmission?
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! Trick Flow has a nice looking package that I have considered from time to time. If I recall, there are three separate setups to choose from.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If I were to do heads, I'd likely go with the ones Jeff mentions or AFR. Check out Brian Tooling Racing (BTR) too.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Trickflow hands down. I have them and can post pics if you want.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

^^ all of these are why i asked my 3 questions up front.

black
    1999 WS6

Help!!!

Do mean to hijack new to ls1 forum. I looking for advice in exhaust and idk how to start a new thread. Can someone explain how???!!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Mcmacsten View Post
    Do mean to hijack new to ls1 forum. I looking for advice in exhaust and idk how to start a new thread. Can someone explain how???!!

Welcome! Go to the "Forum" page on the site by selecting that tab under our logo at the top of the page. Select the appropriate section of the site for your topic, in this case either "General Help" or "External Engine" would be appropriate. Once you open up the specific topic section, there is a button at the top left within the forum box that reads "+ Post New Thread". Click that and you can then enter your thread topic and first post.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Any reviews on the Hawks 515hp kits

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Hawks is pretty good but since your in nc, guessing around cherry point based on the zip code I would hit up tick performance in Mt airy or Smallwood performance in mcleansville. Martin Smallwood used to work for tick as their cam and head guy but recently split off and formed his own company. Both are great companies and you can't go wrong with either. You can call them up and they can custom spec whatever you want or you can do one of their standard packages. Havent been to Smallwood shop yet but seen Ticks and they have all sorts of high end stuff coming and going all the time.
    Last edited by raynor139; 04-27-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Hawks is pretty good but since your in nc, guessing around cherry point based on the zip code I would hit up tick performance in Mt airy or Smallwood performance in mcleansville. Martin Smallwood used to work for tick as their cam and head guy but recently split off and formed his own company. Both are great companies and you can't go wrong with either. You can call them up and they can custom spec whatever you want or you can do one of their standard packages. Havent been to Smallwood shop yet but seen Ticks and they have all sorts of high end stuff coming and going all the time.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Have you heard of majestic motor sports in Hubert,nc

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

No I'd use tick performance. They built my 421 stroker and Martin Smallwood designed the cam. I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Thread Information