Blog Entries

How make T/Am 30th Ann. Ed. seat bottom more comfortable?

Ok, I am a big guy (6'2" and 42" waist), but my dinky little Subaru cloth seats are more cumfy than my '99 WS6 T/A's. Seems like I'm sinking into the bucket in the bucket seat. I really do NOT want to yank the seat and have it re-strung, so...
    ... has anybody found a good seat pad which helps a bigger guy sit up a bit and not sink into that "gee, didn't I just go to the mens room 20 minutes ago" skinny bucket ?

The back of seat is very cumfy and I fixed the lumbar hose so now it's also nicely adjustable. It's my bottom sinking into seat bottom ! :-)

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Ok, I am a big guy (6'2" and 42" waist), but my dinky little Subaru cloth seats are more cumfy than my '99 WS6 T/A's. Seems like I'm sinking into the bucket in the bucket seat. I really do NOT want to yank the seat and have it re-strung, so...
    ... has anybody found a good seat pad which helps a bigger guy sit up a bit and not sink into that "gee, didn't I just go to the mens room 20 minutes ago" skinny bucket ?

The back of seat is very cumfy and I fixed the lumbar hose so now it's also nicely adjustable. It's my bottom sinking into seat bottom ! :-)
    I dont know about re-stringing but you can always have an interior shop add new foam to the cushion, after 16 years, it probably compressed from age, pressure, and deterioration. It cost me $75 to do my upper and lower drivers side.

Blog Entries
    Where you had done ? MD?

I decided to buy a seat bottom pad many shops sell: the WAGAN RELAX FUSHION CUSHION with coxis bone cut-out for about $40 on Amazon. Advance Auto seels too. Figured this would raise me "UP" a bit out of the saggy bucket and give my big legs some room to spread out. Also, I going to put the below covers on the whole seat anyway. The covers below are GORGEOUS !

seat covers from WetOkole.com...
    ... ordered with the TransAm Firebird "bird" logo or an italicized script TransAm or Firebird. Just ordered a set for my "new" used 30th Ann. Ed. They aren't cheap, but I'm still using a 10 yr. old set on another car.Waterproof so can jump in car sweaty or in wet swim gear !
    Last edited by BobbyGFirebird; 04-08-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Where you had done ? MD?

I decided to buy a seat bottom pad many shops sell: the WAGAN RELAX FUSHION CUSHION with coxis bone cut-out for about $40 on Amazon. Advance Auto seels too. Figured this would raise me "UP" a bit out of the saggy bucket and give my big legs some room to spread out. Also, I going to put the below covers on the whole seat anyway. The covers below are GORGEOUS !

... ordered with the TransAm Firebird "bird" logo or an italicized script TransAm or Firebird. Just ordered a set for my "new" used 30th Ann. Ed. They aren't cheap, but I'm still using a 10 yr. old set on another car.Waterproof so can jump in car sweaty or in wet swim gear !
    I have had two different T/A's that I did seat foam repair, both in different areas in Maryland. Any upholstery shop should be able to do it, just ask your local dealership about where they send thier upholstery sublets to, they should be reputable enough to trust.

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Try folding up a beach towel and sitting on it, if a beach towel is to big, go for something smaller. I also had one at the small of my back to help with the back aches I used to get when driving. I'm a big guy myself and that was the cheapest why I found to get comfortable when driving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas View Post
    Try folding up a beach towel and sitting on it, if a beach towel is to big, go for something smaller. I also had one at the small of my back to help with the back aches I used to get when driving. I'm a big guy myself and that was the cheapest why I found to get comfortable when driving.
    Too funny ! I was at COSTCO and saw a blue/white beach towel for like $5.99 which is color - coded to my 30th Ann. Ed. T/Am ! Will "install" it under my 250lb., 43" waist soon !

Blog Entries
    Do you Gents know if I can remove the seat bottom only, on driver-side on a '99 TransAm 30th Ann Ed. ws6 with air hoses ? Other words, can I take the seat pad part out for re-cushioning without unbolting the whole seat ? (Not eager to undo them dang air hoses running up to seat back EVER again ! Took hours to stretch them hoses back on! :-) )

Blog Entries
    Gents,
    I must put a thankful plug in for this seat cushion: WAGAN RELAX FUSHION CUSHION, approx. $35 on Amazon.
    The one I broke in at my work desk was so cumfy, I ordered ANOTHER one for the TransAm. It fits perfectly into the T/Am bucket seat, and you can just throw it in back seat if want sit lower for track or spirited driving. SO comfortable... and I don't miss the urinal/tree breaks every 28minutes !!!

Where you had done ? MD?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbygfirebird View Post
    gents,
    i must put a thankful plug in for this seat cushion: Wagan relax fushion cushion, approx. $35 on amazon.
    The one i broke in at my work desk was so cumfy, i ordered another one for the transam. It fits perfectly into the t/am bucket seat, and you can just throw it in back seat if want sit lower for track or spirited driving. So comfortable... And i don't miss the urinal/tree breaks every 28minutes !!!
    has anybody else tried this pad?
    It's great for trans-am. Got one for my daily driver wagon now, too.
    Really good for the sinking buckets on older f-bodies. :-)

Thread Information