Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iTrader

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Factory Shift Knob M6

I'm looking for a factory shift knob for my T/A M6, gray in color. Knob must be in good condition, no rips or blemishes.
    98-02
    Thanks

iTrader

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    I'm looking for a factory shift knob for my T/A M6, gray in color. Knob must be in good condition, no rips or blemishes.
    98-02
    Thanks
    Guys like SLP and Hawks sell new ones for 70.00

iTrader

Silver

Black color only offered. I have a Gray interior
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

iTrader

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I am pretty sure Pontiac only offered one color for the shift knobs. I also thought they only offered black trim with the silver cars, I will double check my 1999 sales brochure.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Let me check for mine....

iTrader

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

98-99's did have "Dark Graphite" (as opposed to 00-02's "Ebony"), they are like a shade or so off from what I can tell. I still believe that they ran the same black shift knobs and shift boots from 98-02, especially if the car has the Hurst shifter package.

iTrader

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Let me check for mine....
    Cool let me know

iTrader

Silver

[QUOTE=Whamhammer;2943904]98-99's did have "Dark Graphite" (as opposed to 00-02's "Ebony"), they are like a shade or so off from what I can tell. I still believe that they ran the same black shift knobs and shift boots from 98-02, especially if the car has the Hurst shifter package.[/QUOTE ] mine is Gray or Graphite but is definitely not black. I'm looking for a spare knob to install a momentary switch for my line lock with out messing up the original..

iTrader

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Just an idea, but I installed mine inside the ashtray.

Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

iTrader

Silver

That is where I was going to put it but I'm opting for a momentary switch instead of a toggle that it came with and really want it on the shifter so I'm not reaching anywhere. As you know us M6 cars have our hands full making a smooth pass as it is and one less distraction will help. I have to use it on the line when staged to hold the car and thinking just pushing and holding a button right in my hand and releasing quick is my goal

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic

I wish I knew someone that can make molded plastic...I would love to redesign the center console.

I'd remove the ash tray and that center cup holder that is utterly useless. I never smoke period, nor let anyone in the car do so.

iTrader

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Understood. I'm an M6 as you know. Are you using the line lock to do a burnout and stage? I use it just to do my burnout. I'd be afraid of accidentally hitting it being on the shifter where my hand was always grabbing. Any pics of what it looks like where someone else did it?

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic

I've seen a button on the shifter that you hold then when release it releases the lock. If he's looking for a better staging to hold rpm's he's far better off using a 2 step.

A guy in our local f body club has one and let me tell you launching at 5500 rpms is violently fun....

iTrader

Silver

My plan is to use it for the burn out and then use it to hold it on the line when staged so I can bring up my r's for the launch. Right now I'm using the ebreak and sometimes I don't release it fully. The button on the shifter being pushed won't matter as you have to first set the break then push the button to activate. Hurst makes a pistol grip shifter with a button on top and a ball with it on the side I was looking to keep a stock clean look. Hence the second shift knob. If I can't find a clean one I will just use mine. My friend modified a mopar pistol grip for his gear vendors switch to add 3 more gears to his tranny. Looks and work perfectly.

iTrader

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    My plan is to use it for the burn out and then use it to hold it on the line when staged so I can bring up my r's for the launch. Right now I'm using the ebreak and sometimes I don't release it fully. The button on the shifter being pushed won't matter as you have to first set the break then push the button to activate. Hurst makes a pistol grip shifter with a button on top and a ball with it on the side I was looking to keep a stock clean look. Hence the second shift knob. If I can't find a clean one I will just use mine. My friend modified a mopar pistol grip for his gear vendors switch to add 3 more gears to his tranny. Looks and work perfectly.
    You could always get someone to die a black on to your color, shouldnt run you too much.

iTrader

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Are you hoping it will hold the car at X RPMs with your foot off the clutch and the car in gear? I'd be interested in knowing if that works. I would think it would break loose. I never tried it.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic

Factory Shift Knob M6

that is why I said he needs a 2 step
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

iTrader

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

[QUOTE=kingls1;2943928]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    98-99's did have "Dark Graphite" (as opposed to 00-02's "Ebony"), they are like a shade or so off from what I can tell. I still believe that they ran the same black shift knobs and shift boots from 98-02, especially if the car has the Hurst shifter package.[/QUOTE ] mine is Gray or Graphite but is definitely not black. I'm looking for a spare knob to install a momentary switch for my line lock with out messing up the original..
    So the wife got you the line lock for christmas huh? Nice! I want to get one, just to make it easier to fire the rears up. But with the OEM rear i'm probably asking for trouble.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

iTrader

Silver

Yes she did with a little help from a elf from your neck of the woods. Also got me a GoPro however it was back ordered and she just got a email the other day they won't be filling the orders! So I looked online and I can get it a few other places. Long way till spring so not in a super huge hurry.

iTrader

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Are you hoping it will hold the car at X RPMs with your foot off the clutch and the car in gear? I'd be interested in knowing if that works. I would think it would break loose. I never tried it.
    No not at all, just want to hold the car in the staging lights from rolling out while I bring my r's up with the right foot and clutch with the left foot. My car wants to roll back at the Beaver once I stage thus shutting off the bulbs. All I want is to hold the break with my thumb until launch time. A two step would be fun but for just fun days not really a good investment! That money would be better spent on horse power IMO. What I mentioned above about gear vendor is only reference to the switch he mounted on his shifter to shift his gear vendor over drive system on his Challenger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information