Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

xbox one games, what a disappointment

A long time friend came over with a present for my family. Kids rip the paper of and it's a xbox one. I asked what is really in this box. He laughed and said a xbox. He said he got it for us for all the parties we throw and trips we plan etc. Anyway the games have been one disappointment after another.

It came with gears of war. Alright game but not any different than the past 3. Whatever, free game. I go buy halo as it is the only shooter game the wife will occasionally play. No local co op. Wtf halo the game that took xbox to home and college campuses everywhere because of the gameplay and co op doesn't have local co op. Wow.

Ok let's download a cheap arcade game. Geometry wars 1 and 2 were always fun. Download 3. No co op on classic arcade mode. Let's try the co op they do have. Took about an hour to beat. No other co op option. Wtf

Get star wars battle front. Only survival mode is co op. Can't play missions on local co op. Wtf

The list goes on. In fact most of the games that have local co op campaign mode you can get for 360. All these games you can play co op online with people on other xboxs at other locations. Am I the only casual gamer left with real life friends? Who want to come over and play in person? Or kids? Or a wife who plays occasionally? More likely the accountants figured out that if they don't give people the option to play locally the will have to get their own console and games. The original xbox took off because of party games. You could link 4 together and play 16 player games locally.

Thanks microsoft and game makers. Go fuck yourselves.

/end disappointment rant

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't have to shell out $400 to find out that it sucks.

No local co op is why we still have the Xbox 360.

Both of my teenage sons were hyped for Halo 5 since they have all the previous Halos, but as soon as they found out that you can't play local co op they said no thanks.

Microsoft is trying to force Xbox Gold memberships for co op and I hope it bites them big time.

Neither console of this generation has grabbed my interest.

The Xbox One is trying to become a media center as well as a game console, seemingly at the expense of the games which justified its existence.

The PS4 just doesn't have any compelling titles for me.

Both consoles were released with Zero backwards compatibility, but MS and Sony finally realized what a stupid idea that was.

Clunky backwards compatibility (PS4 you have to buy digital versions of the game you already own, Xbone requires the disc as proof of ownership then nets you a multi-GB download to fill your HDD) seals the No Deal.

Arctic White, red/gray

At least I didn't spend 350-400 bucks you are correct. I had no plans on buying a xbox one because we don't play the 360 or wii we have everyday or even every month for that matter. But when one was dropped in my lap I said ok lets give it a try.

Tried Mortal Kombat last night at a friends. It wants you to sign in an account just to battle eachother. Like both player one and two need a xbox live account to battle eachother in MK. After messing around and going back and forth we found out how to continue without saving for player two but it was a pain in the butt to get to that point.

At this point people should just get a computer tower to play games on since you can't play anything locally anymore. I am going to give Forza 6 a try since it has pretty much always been a mainly single player or online game. I really hope they haven't ruined Forza in some way.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

This is why my son still has all of his game consoles and uses them regularly. Got him a PS4 last yr and he still hasn't wanted to get Xbox One. I agree MofiaSoft is trying to milk more money out to the users. I blame Blizzard WofW for this. Ever since they instituted the pay to play and the people went with it, it changed the way gaming forever.

I tried WofW once, once it got to the point that I needed to pay I quit. I've been out of gaming for PC and consoles for 4-5 yrs now, kinda around the same time I got serious about my car

Arctic White, red/gray

People were always paying for games like WOW and Lineage etc. Because you could always buy gold or adena or whatever they call their money. There have always been websites where you could pay real money for fake game money and there are businesses mostly in china and korea that farm in game money all day and night and then sell it for real money. But I agree the pay to play or pay to win gaming is just the next level. There are some games that are free to play but you can't get the best armors, weapons, items etc unless you pay. This is called pay to win.

Navy Blue Metallic

To be honest I haven't missed playing games at all.

Arctic White, red/gray

See, I can't really just sit down and play games for long periods of time like I used to. Mainly because kids won't leave me alone that long and there is always something I should be doing instead. So I was really looking for local co-op games to paly with others. Which has lead to my disappointment.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-23-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Used to love wow but once I was out of school and working full time I just didn't have the time anymore. Hard to work 40 hrs+ and have a social life and be in guild that progresses far. Kind of got out of gaming the last couple years and concentrated more on car hobbies. But I'm getting a decent size bonus this holiday season so considering building a new computer. Current one is almost 5 years old with some parts upgraded since. May buy a Xbox or Playstation if I don't do the computer.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Arctic White, red/gray

I tried wow for about a month.. wasn't for me. I could never get over the fact that you couldn't just kill or at least attempt to kill another player for no reason, anywhere on the map. Not have to worry about factions or being in a pvp zone etc.

Anyway it seems as though they are trying to turn consoles in PCs but with less features and abilities. Have to have games installed on your HD. Can't play games on the same console. New media center BS.

Steam teamed up with alienware and NVidia and others and came out with steam box. It's basically a small pc/console made to play you pc games anywhere you want to take them using steams own operating system. And it already has 4k compatibility. Unlike the current PS and Xbox. Although if you are going to buy a console I would wait until the next gen of Xbox ones and PS4s arrive. They claim they will have hdmi 2.0 which means 4k res. Steam is allowing many companies to make their own variation of steambox.... like many companies make different variations of computers but all of them can run steam. So you will have real hardware competition unlike PS and xbox where they only compete with each other and all of them have the same hardware.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-23-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic

So that's why MS has dumped the prices on Xbox One's....they want to clear out stock piles.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we just have a 360 and it's not used very often....zach will go in cycles of playing everyday for a little bit to not playing it for a month. He likes to play me in Madden and he's finally understanding football enough to challenge me...he actually beat me yesterday but I let him use Canton Legends. After a few more losses that shits gonna stop though and he's gonna have to pick a regular team. Next I want a good racing game for it. Looked at game stop a few times but nothing really jumped out at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Navy Blue Metallic

Showed this thread to my son, he still doesn't care for XboxOne. Still loving PS4 which allows you to play local co op (on some games).

John - he says your
    Thanks microsoft and game makers. Go fuck yourselves.
    still applies.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    we just have a 360 and it's not used very often....zach will go in cycles of playing everyday for a little bit to not playing it for a month. He likes to play me in Madden and he's finally understanding football enough to challenge me...he actually beat me yesterday but I let him use Canton Legends. After a few more losses that shits gonna stop though and he's gonna have to pick a regular team. Next I want a good racing game for it. Looked at game stop a few times but nothing really jumped out at me.
    Look on Amazon.

Tons of used titles.

Forza series for street racing, Dirt series for Rally racing.
    Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat

Well, look at the bright side. The new X Box is going to be released soon. That only means there would be more options for X Box fans.

Thread Information