Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

TPMS calibration?

So, I swapped out to higher load range tires on our '07 Suburban a week or so ago. Per the recommendations from our membership, I will be running the tires at 50 psi unloaded and up to 80 psi loaded. Of course, this has the TPMS all pissed off as it is looking for a recommended air pressure of 30 psi, plus or minus whatever it thinks is appropriate. I presume that the TPMS functions and error reporting are all controlled by the BCM.

Is there any way to recalibrate this thing to be happy with the higher air pressure? Every time I start the truck it scrolls through tire pressure warnings for all four tires and I have to tap the button five times to get the odometer back on the display. I am pleased, however, that the TPMS does read properly even with the higher air pressure.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

TPMS calibration?

I'm pretty sure the GM scan tool (Tech 2) can change that target air pressure the computer is looking for. I've seen it in there on several different trucks.
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sweet. I have a friend that works at the local dealership. I would still like to get my hands on a Tech II for my shop. Every now and then I search on ebay but they are still a bit on the expensive side.

white

i'm looking at the clone GMtech tools on amazon, and would love to get more infor on thier operation and programming updates into the BCM,TCM .. anyknowlable people here with experience with the 2012-2018 trucks?

Thread Information