NBM
    2002 Z28

Problems after header install

Okay so hooked up the longtubes and o/r y pipe last weekend and now have code galore. The car had 50k miles on it before with zero CEL or problems.

PO102
    DTC P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency

PO803
    DTC P0803 1-4 Upshift (Skip Shift) Solenoid Control Circuit Malfunction

PO135
    DTC P0135 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1

PO141
    DTC P0141 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

PO155
    DTC P0155 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1

PO161
    DTC P0161 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2

So it looks like all of the o2 sensors are throwing a code and I am almost positive I have them plugged in the right spot. I plugged the front 2 sensors by the motor with the extensions to the header and the rear 2 are capped.

The car is running like SHIT (way down on power) and I just want to get it running right...Could an exhaust leak cause the front o2 sensors to read a bad signal? Sounds like it might have a small leak.

What do I need to do?!?!?? Help please

EDIT ---- http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/please-...-p0102-157210/ -- According to this thread a fuse could have blown??? Which would explain the Skip shift solenoid and the hard time getting the car into reverse?
    Last edited by Z28YOUHO; 10-29-2015 at 05:27 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Check your wire harness, you may have pinched or burnt a harness. That's what I would check 1st.

O2 sensors - did you change them, how many miles on them? Over 70,000 -they need replaced about every 80,000. But this should be an issue just a fyi.

Transmission check the harness and sensors for the transmission. It's possible you damaged one getting them in. Couldn't hurt to check for a blown fuse. I'm not an auto guy so my knowledge is limited.

With the rear O2's deleted you will have a CEL on till you can get them tuned out. It will also make the car run a little crappy but it should still be able to drive it. I drove 4 moths till I sent my ECM to Frost.

NBM
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Check your wire harness, you may have pinched or burnt a harness. That's what I would check 1st.

O2 sensors - did you change them, how many miles on them? Over 70,000 -they need replaced about every 80,000. But this should be an issue just a fyi.

Transmission check the harness and sensors for the transmission. It's possible you damaged one getting them in. Couldn't hurt to check for a blown fuse. I'm not an auto guy so my knowledge is limited.

With the rear O2's deleted you will have a CEL on till you can get them tuned out. It will also make the car run a little crappy but it should still be able to drive it. I drove 4 moths till I sent my ECM to Frost.
    Thank you for the response. The car is an M6 and not an automatic with 50k original miles. The o2 sensors were working fine before I did the longtubes. I understand that the CEL will be on until the rear o2 are tuned out but to my knowledge the rear o2 only read if the cats are working properly and will not effect drive ability just cause it to run a little rich.

With the AIR removed is there a vacuum line that has to be patched up? All I did was disconnect the tubes from the old headers and pull of the rubber hose going to the pump near the back on the manifold.

ALSO - Would one burnt or pinch o2 sensor wire cause both sensors to throw a CEL?
    Last edited by Z28YOUHO; 10-29-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic

In the right spot yes it can effect the harness.

The skip shift sounds like you may have cracked it, it's not connected or the harness is pinched/burnt.

The PO135, PO141, PO155, PO161 codes are for both O2 sensors, front and rear. You said you used extensions where these made or bought? Did they come with the headers? I almost want to say get a pair of Bosch 13111 O2 sensors ($60 ea) and see if at least 2 of those codes go away. The 13111's are for Corvette's and have a long harness that lets you eliminate the extensions. Some ppl have complained about issues with extensions.

The air pump you can pull the fuse from the fuse box that is in the engine bay on the drivers side. It will stop the pump from running.

It's been 5 yrs since I pulled the air pump and egr out.

These 2 threads should be used as a guide. Look over and see if you missed something.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f63/header...l-pics-133419/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/seconda...emoval-130641/

NBM
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    In the right spot yes it can effect the harness.

The skip shift sounds like you may have cracked it, it's not connected or the harness is pinched/burnt.

The PO135, PO141, PO155, PO161 codes are for both O2 sensors, front and rear. You said you used extensions where these made or bought? Did they come with the headers? I almost want to say get a pair of Bosch 13111 O2 sensors ($60 ea) and see if at least 2 of those codes go away. The 13111's are for Corvette's and have a long harness that lets you eliminate the extensions. Some ppl have complained about issues with extensions.

The air pump you can pull the fuse from the fuse box that is in the engine bay on the drivers side. It will stop the pump from running.

It's been 5 yrs since I pulled the air pump and egr out.

These 2 threads should be used as a guide. Look over and see if you missed something.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f63/header...l-pics-133419/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/seconda...emoval-130641/
    The extensions were bought from the place I got the header from - the driver o2 was actually burnt a little but did not go through the wires (ordered new ones they'll be here today) If this doesn't fix the issue I am going to buy the Bosch 13111's and see what happens.

Thanks for the help man!

Navy Blue Metallic

If those don't work let me know. I just took my extensions off that I've been using for the last 5 yrs. I just put on Bosch 13111's for my tune session in 2 weeks so I still have them if you want to use.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Thread Information