Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Move the the Free states Ed..... Come out from behind the Progressive Commie curtain know as California.

Hell even Jessie James sighted this as one of the reasons he left Cali.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Trust me I have thought about it. I visit my GodDaughter in Arizona. They all give me crap when I am there.
    Constitutional Carry. They always carry. I will probably apply for their non-resident permit.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I don't mind background checks to detect criminals and/or mentally ill. But you're right checks don't help that much. The waiting period is stupid
    But here in Cali, I can't carry a gun. I will probably never get a CCW. If I had my chose, I would carry every day.
    ...of course, ...the "waiting period" only affects you and those like you who don't play on the black market... it's aggregious, and fortunately some states that had these waiting period laws have abolished them of late... I don't have much hope for kalifornia though, ...but I do think the corrupt "may issue" and open carry ban essentially are flat out unconstitutional, ..i'm hoping the requisite cases make it to the SCOTUS soon, so they can deliver a smack down to your thug politicians!

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

The waiting period doesn't really bother me. What bothers me the most is like you say a "may issue" not a "shall issue' state.
    Our Sheriff won't even issue on the reason of 'self-defense' Even though Peruta won the lawsuit.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I used to LOVE California (I'm from there originally). When I joined the military and left, at first I felt like the rest of the country was the boondocks full of a bunch of slack-jawed, uncivilized rednecks. But now, due to actually experiencing being 'Murican, I can say that I will NEVER move back to California, barring some family emergency or what-have-you.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Johnstown man facing federal firearms, ammunition charge - WJAC WJACTV.com - Top Stories
    Just that easy guns in the hands of another criminal. What are the answers I truly don't know but it's just to easy!!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

So he had them shipped to the Gandermountain store in his local area since cheaper than dirt and every other online firearms dealer only ships to a licensed dealer which is required to do background checks on all firearms sales. That means he either passed a background check or Gandermountain acted illegally by not processing a background check. So either the federal system wasn't updated properly with his felony conviction or they didn't run a background check as is required by all dealers by federal law.

Just another case of the laws already on the books either not being enforced or not doing their job properly due to lack of information. Since the Gandermountain store isn't mentioned on being brought up on charges or losing their license to deal guns I would have to guess that his felony charge wasn't properly listed in his back ground check.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-10-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Silver

No he just had his girlfriend pick them up. Then he posted pictures of himself on Facebook holding them and draped in bullets and someone seen it...
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    No he just had his girlfriend pick them up. Then he posted pictures of himself on Facebook holding them and draped in bullets and someone seen it...
    So then her name would be all over the paperwork. So she should be charged for her recklessness. As one of the questions on the form is "Are you purchasing this firearm for another person". Either way how would you stop something like that? There are over 310 million firearms in the private sector of the US. There is little the government can do while still respecting the privacy rights of citizens to ensure things like this don't happen. With freedom comes risk. You don't want Risk or as little a legislationably(a new word) possible.... be ready to give up freedoms.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...she would've been obligated to not let the firearms be accessible to a prohibited person, i.e. this guy... so, it's a straw purchase (buying it and handing it over to someone you know is prohibited), ..or she failed to keep them inaccessible to some spouse/co-habitant/etc prohibited person...

...I don't see how this is somehow an outrage in terms of the laws... how easy is it to turn your car keys over to your drunk uncle who's driver's license is revoked?,... pretty damn easy, ..remove from pocket give to uncle, ...pretend you misplaced them...

Silver

I've heard some pretty stupid things in my life but that statement ranks right up there with the best of them!! I'm going back to only posting about car stuff and leave this stuff up to the political genius to fix....at least there we can have different opinions or ways of doing things and that's OK! Sometimes people can have a different outlook on things don't make them right or wrong it's just their opinion............
    Last edited by kingls1; 12-11-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

I've heard some pretty stupid things in my life but that statement ranks right up there with the best of them!! I'm going back to only posting about car stuff and leave this stuff up to the political genius to fix....at least there we can have different opinions or ways of doing things and that's OK! Sometimes people can have a different outlook on things don't make them right or wrong it's just their opinion............
    So what's you opinion? Criminals shouldn't have firearms? Pretty sure we can all agree on that especially if their crime was a violent one. Or is your opinion it is too easy for criminals to get their hands on firearms? Ok, we can discuss that. But when you post an article regarding a criminal's girlfriend straw buying for her felon boyfriend then we have to ask.... HOW DO YOU STOP THAT? There are multiple laws on the books they broke. Such as buying a firearms for another person..... or allowing a felon access to firearms. So I have to ask how can the government stop someone who is a legally allowed to buy a firearm from buying one and then allowing their boyfriends etc access to the firearm beyond putting laws on the books stating it illegal? Just as there are law in most states that you have to keep firearms out of the reach of children. Or in some states locked away from children in some way. But that doesn't stop stupid people from allowing children to get their hands on firearms from time to time. Lets be real the only way to do that is to eliminate all firearms or eliminate all children. Freedom comes with risk.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-14-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Arctic White, red/gray

I like your gun. Don't let any felons hold it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've heard some pretty stupid things in my life but that statement ranks right up there with the best of them!! I'm going back to only posting about car stuff and leave this stuff up to the political genius to fix....at least there we can have different opinions or ways of doing things and that's OK!
    Good

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Move the the Free states Ed..... Come out from behind the Progressive Commie curtain know as California.

Hell even Jessie James sighted this as one of the reasons he left Cali.
    New Hampshire is an open-carry state, meaning anyone who legally owns a gun can carry it exposed without any license or permit.
    "LIVE FREE OR DIE"

Arctic White, red/gray

Open carry just leads to an overworked police force in urban areas. As they have to respond to the hundreds of calls from worried mothers when they see a person walking down the street with a sidearm.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Open carry just leads to an overworked police force in urban areas. As they have to respond to the hundreds of calls from worried mothers when they see a person walking down the street with a sidearm.
    BS

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    BS
    Read pretty much any documentation on the pros and cons to open carry vs conceal and carry and pretty much all of them will list "more encounters with law enforcement" as a con for open carry.

There are some pros with open carry as well. Such as comfort. That's why I'm glad I can do either. But I really only open carry when I'm in more rural areas and or the woods.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'm right next door to two open carry states, there are no horror stories to speak of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information