Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah I'm very thankful that I have the car I do. Just had to spend around 800$ for a clutch flywheel resurfaced pressure plate and two back tires 😁. I think that I will drive this one around the way it is while I save up for an ls car. There's a ws6 car for sale for 5900$ in Florida that I didn't think was a bad deal.. I'll post link later today.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

If it's speed and power you should also look into turbo's with the 6cyl. There are plenty of videos on youtube of 9s turbo V6 f bodies.

One thing you're going to learn is going fast cost money. How fast you want to go, depends on how much money you can spend.

Last edited by SMWS6TA; 09-18-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    If it's speed and power you should also look into turbo's with the 6cyl. There are plenty of videos on youtube of 9s turbo V6 f bodies.

One thing you're going to learn is going fast coast money. How fast you want to go, depends on how much money you can spend.

Of course, he could always turbo the LT1 car he already has too.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I think my 83 Reliant three speed auto was slower than your 81 4 speed manual

Would have been a good race.

After taking over the car when I started college - I stripped off all the trim, blacked out the grille and window chrome, gave it a two tone paint job, silver on top, dark charcoal on the bottom separated by a two color tape stripe, changed out the bench seat for buckets, installed a killer (for the day) sound system, added air shocks out back, cut in a sun roof, mounted a CB, added driving lights under the front bumper, removed the catalytic converter, rebuilt the engine around 90k... yeah, I was cool.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Another thing is going fast = dangerous.

Something to keep in mind in this thread being the OP is still in high school and likely has minimal driving experience.

Have fun with it whatever you do, but please respect the word "power". A lot of people cannot properly handle standard LS1 power let alone a built car above and beyond that power lol.

Not trying to discourage having a fast car at all...but only to remind you its a totally different animal when you start getting to certain power levels. Even more-so when the car hasn't been built properly (suspension, drive-train, etc.)
    Last edited by 35th-ANV-SS; 09-19-2015 at 05:38 AM.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ This is especially true on wet roads, colder days, and in any kind of inclement weather.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I will raise you one 1981 Plymouth Reliant K-car, 4 door with a bench seat, 85 h.p. and a 4 speed.
    Oh myyyy.....I do remember those K cars...haha / Us guys in High school would always tease about not wanting to be seen in a Gremlin or Pacer ahaahahha..(remember those!!) ..except now its "classic to own one".... My girlfriends bestie had a 60 something red Dodge Dart with push button Trans,My other buddy had a 70s Plymouth Satelite..We called the grey ghost... The other a 72 Maverick... more cars that we laughed at back then but now are wanted by car collectors Go Figure.....Hey that's all we/they could afford but we wheeled all over the place and raised hell!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Welcome Chase !.....Cant add much more to the input of the rest of the members,(SMW6TA ,PAJEFF ETC),,other then I agree with all of them. YOU are lucky in your own right to have a car @ your age and must be mature enough for your parents to let you drive..Good For You !! Don't worry about what the "other" kids think -you OWN It. Its your ride and that's your individuality do what you want with it --with pride...Its just the beginning of a hopefully long and safe road to car ownership! JUST HAVE FUN AND ENJOY IT !! Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information