Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would like to see a true shootout new vs new between the nt05, ET streets, and ET street II. Not new tires against old tires. I'm going to guess though that they would all still be pretty close. .01 isn't enough to convince me either tire is better. I'd also like to see a days worth of passes on each to see which tire is most consistent. At the track with ET's I ran much more consistent 60's than with the 555R's.
    Over on Tech there's plenty of threads on Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (not the Radial II's which the article is about) vs Nitto tires. The Radial II's were designed to be more of a street tire, not a track tire. Big difference between the Radials and Radial II's.

Here's the M/T ET Street Radials:

The Street Radial II's:

Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would still like to see what the 60's between the 3 looked like. I wonder how close to the et streets the 2's are everything else being equal. That guy was cutting 1.7x on both of those...wonder what his 60's would be with et's? I wonder what he's leaving on the table running those tires? I cut 1.69-1.71 all day long on et streets with less power. This stuff makes me want to spray my car even more. I just worry about the tranny these days. It's on borrowed time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That would be a nice write-up comparing all 3. Hell, even throw in the NT555R. My friend was cutting 1.5x consistently on the ET Street Radials. I'd personally be happy with 1.6x in my car. It's built from the ground up, but I do have one weak link still; T56 output shaft is stock.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If someone want to pony up for 3 sets of tires and wheels, I will gladly put them to the test.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

off for 4 days....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    That would be a nice write-up comparing all 3. Hell, even throw in the NT555R. My friend was cutting 1.5x consistently on the ET Street Radials. I'd personally be happy with 1.6x in my car. It's built from the ground up, but I do have one weak link still; T56 output shaft is stock.
    my tranny is still stock minus the stall and cooler.....I've been lucky so far. I have noticed recently that it's started chattering when going into lock up so I'm guessing the lock up clutch is about shot. The plan right now is to put a littl 100 or 125 shot on it this winter but if I have to replace the stall those plans are in jeopardy. I've ran 11.80's with it and want to get about another second out of it to keep up with my brother. He just procharged his GTO and put down 600 to the wheels. I figure he'll be low 11's or high 10's if he can launch it which is a trick in and of itself with those cars.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'd really like to be part of the 10s club, but it's not happening with where the car stands now. 11.3-11.4 and I'll be happy.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I do not want to run faster than 11.49 as I have zero plans to cage our car.

Big cruise in tonight - have the Camaro, Trans Am and Regal ready to roll.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have zero plans for a cage either You get a few shake down runs then 1 real good one and call it a night.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Never heard of anyone spraying a Dyson before though
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

My sig shows what I was doing with the ET Street DR's. I had Nitto 555r's before that and it wasn't even close...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I'm just worried about being a tranny these days. I'm on borrowed time.
    Fixed it for ya...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have zero plans for a cage either You get a few shake down runs then 1 real good one and call it a night.
    Yup.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think I might do a Zex high output kit. I'd be really tempted to just stick with the low kit because 125 is probably pushing it for how much I would want to spray. Never can tell though. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Louis Chevrolet didn't have an LS9 to swap back in the day. I hate how car magazine writers butcher artistic liscense to the point of epic failure. The editor should have told him "whatwere you really trying to go for there, other than a half arsed/ half baked opening?"
    I'm not really sure what that is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post

Click for full size
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post

Here's the M/T ET Street Radials:

Click for full size
    The NT05R's and the ET streets look pretty similar to me and I can tell you my NT05R's feel pretty soft.
    I never said anything bad about the ET's other than what I read about the side wall's being a little soft and not a great street tire for cornering. I was looking for something that would be good at the track as well as the street, also price I found on the Nitto $392 pair shipped was what I could afford. The lowest I found the ET's was $70 more per pair and shipping was extra!
    Now to be clear I Only like how the Nitto hooked up on a high horse power car with a six speed on 3,500 rpm launches nothing more just that. Not comparing to M/T at all!!
    And if they get me down the track with out spinning 1st - 4th then my money well spent its just for fun for me...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Damn when it rains it pours....so today was suppose to be my off day. Spent the 1st half driving miss daisy (my wife) around. Then I get home and find the light on the septic grinder pump is on. That's bad, like shitty bad So I start thinking God that the last time it had an issue the company put in one that all the electronic stuff is in a box outside of the literally shit hole. I pop the fuse and can't tell if it's blown or not. Multi-meter decided to give and quit on me. So off on a journey to find said fuse. HD & Lowes do not carry it. So I go to a couple of real stores for electrical and such stuff. 1st on struck out, 2nd had 2 so I go them both.

Get home pop in fuse - nothing. WTF? so after screwing around I for some reason wonder over to the fuse box. Yup main circuit was popped for the shit grinder. Reset then back to the panel. Still not working so now I'm pissed. I smack the panel and the damn thing turns on. So like a smart man I close it up and walk away.....

Next I install a new led light for the laundry room and in the process hurt my damn back. Then while cooking supper one of the large elements quits.

I'm done.....where's the beer?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Damn when it rains it pours....so today was suppose to be my off day. Spent the 1st half driving miss daisy (my wife) around. Then I get home and find the light on the septic grinder pump is on. That's bad, like shitty bad So I start thinking God that the last time it had an issue the company put in one that all the electronic stuff is in a box outside of the literally shit hole. I pop the fuse and can't tell if it's blown or not. Multi-meter decided to give and quit on me. So off on a journey to find said fuse. HD & Lowes do not carry it. So I go to a couple of real stores for electrical and such stuff. 1st on struck out, 2nd had 2 so I go them both.

Get home pop in fuse - nothing. WTF? so after screwing around I for some reason wonder over to the fuse box. Yup main circuit was popped for the shit grinder. Reset then back to the panel. Still not working so now I'm pissed. I smack the panel and the damn thing turns on. So like a smart man I close it up and walk away.....

Next I install a new led light for the laundry room and in the process hurt my damn back. Then while cooking supper one of the large elements quits.

I'm done.....where's the beer?
    what make is your aerator? When was the last time you pulled it out and cleaned the shaft on it? Need to do that a couple times a year. Shit paper and lint and shit like that gets around the shaft and causes it to get out of balance and can, at a minimum, pop the breaker but it can also fuck up the motor on that aerator. That's just a little 5 amp push button breaker so it doesn't take much to pop it. Went through all this shit a few times with mine so I'm pretty well versed on shitter repairs. I would have to look at the paperwork but if you do ever need a motor let me know.....I found a place somewhere that was half price of all the other places. Those motors are about $400 IIRC. I ended up having to run a new wire out to mine because I had a short somewhere but I've been round and round with that motherfucker several different times. It ran for a year or two plugged into an outlet on the side of the house until I finally got around to burying a new wire. Put the new wire inside some pvc which is technically against code but fuck 'em....they're not the ones that have to dig that thing up when it shorts. Won't be having anymore shorts on that wire.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I

The NT05R's and the ET streets look pretty similar to me and I can tell you my NT05R's feel pretty soft.
    I never said anything bad about the ET's other than what I read about the side wall's being a little soft and not a great street tire for cornering. I was looking for something that would be good at the track as well as the street, also price I found on the Nitto $392 pair shipped was what I could afford. The lowest I found the ET's was $70 more per pair and shipping was extra!
    Now to be clear I Only like how the Nitto hooked up on a high horse power car with a six speed on 3,500 rpm launches nothing more just that. Not comparing to M/T at all!!
    And if they get me down the track with out spinning 1st - 4th then my money well spent its just for fun for me...
    it's a good looking tire and I'm sure some thought went into how close they could get it to look to the et streets without getting sued Compounds and sidewall, like you said, are more important than tread pattern really. I run 555r's on mine on the street but I could see me going with the 05r's for my next tire depending on the mileage people get out of them. Actually....mileage isn't as big a deal for me as it used to be. I could easily just run et streets and still get a decade out of a set of tires almost I think I put 600 miles on my car last year and here it is september and I have about 400 on it this year.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The tire you read about having issues on the street wasn't the ET Street Radial, it was another M/T tire lol.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I

Never had problems cornering with the ET Street radials on my GTP. Hell drove in a snow storm on them even.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information