Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Time for a new clutch, need recommendations

Hi all, Its been about ten years since installing a textralia clutch in my 98 WS6 and it worked well. (By the way is Textralia still in business)? I now have a 408ci w/ 500RWHP and about the same in Torque. I do the occasional track runs but mostly drive it on the street. So far I've been directed to center force dual friction, spec 3, and McCloud StreetPro. I would like to reach out to my fellow gear heads to ask your opinion. Also when last replacing the clutch I put in a new Slave cylinder, throw out bearing and flywheel. Should I replace them again or should those be ok being only 10 years? Let me know, any ideas are appreciated. Cheers.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Both of your choices are great, you can't go wrong with either one. As far as replacing the other components I would highly recommend it. 10 years of hard driving have taken their toll. Do it right the first time and enjoy 10 more years of worry free driving.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I'm very close in your engine and pwr with my 403 (450ish for the moment till new tune) and I'm using a Monster stg 4. A stg 3 would be plenty enough for where we are at but I got one hell of a deal on mine.

Monster also has some dual clutches too.

SPEC has been a hit and miss, some ppl love 'em others hate 'em.

Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Over a year later I am in the same boat. I did some moving around and the TransAm suffered for it. Money needed to be allocated elsewhere. But now I am ready to get the clutch and hopefully enjoy the next month or so before we get snow here in the Cleveland area. My question is the same, whats a good tried and true clutch and in your opinions and how about needing to get the extras that Ive already replaced in the last R&R. I agree w/ the last posts that you should get them and not have a problem, but as we all know money can be tight. Thanks in advance. Cheers
    6.7L/408c.i./ Stage 2.5 LS6 Heads/102 LSX 102mm F.A.S.T intake/ PTM 102mm throttle body/ Custom Camshaft/ 100mm MAF/ FTP 100mm airlid/SVO 42lb injectors/ ASP crank underdrive harmonic balancer/

Thread Information