black
    2002 TA WS6

clutch slipping all gears

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and would like to thank everyone up front for the help.

2002 WS6 with an handful of mods, mostly the trick flow top end kit that gives me 425 RWHP. Anyway the car has been in storage on jack stands for 6 years. (2 years into storage I drove it for 3 days and no problems and put it back into storage for the additional 4 years). Anyway so its now out of storage and I drive it for the first time and the clutch is slipping all over the place!! Every gear! If I baby it, it might not slip. I'm assuming its a layer of corrosion on the flywheel cause most everything else has a layer on it. Is there anything I can do that doesnt involve pulling the flywheel? Someone told me if I baby it for a while it should wear the layer off and be fine.
    Any suggestions?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

It's possible the clutch material has attached it's self to the flywheel. But that should rub off after a few shifts.

You should drain all fluids and replace. Sitting that long all oils and coolant do go bad as well as gas. Seals will dry rot and crack. Surprised you are not reporting it's not running right.

It's possible the slave & master have gummed up. That's where bleeding the systems will help identify. And I also mean drain and refill the transmission.

For the clutch use DOT III or IV Brake fluid and for the transmission itself ATF. If you reverse that you'll be getting a completed rebuild on both components.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Agree. Sitting for extended periods is harder on our cars (or any car for that matter) than driving them.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    It's possible the clutch material has attached it's self to the flywheel. But that should rub off after a few shifts.

You should drain all fluids and replace. Sitting that long all oils and coolant do go bad as well as gas. Seals will dry rot and crack. Surprised you are not reporting it's not running right.

It's possible the slave & master have gummed up. That's where bleeding the systems will help identify. And I also mean drain and refill the transmission.

For the clutch use DOT III or IV Brake fluid and for the transmission itself ATF. If you reverse that you'll be getting a completed rebuild on both components.
    Completely agree here. This is where you need you to start.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

^^^ What they said ^^^
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Thread Information