Black
    2002 Camaro Z/28

Possible trans mount issues or more?

Hi, I am 16 and drive a 02 Camaro Z28 with 50k on it. Recently I noticed the big clunk you get from a cracked, or broken trans mount. I decided to change it to a polyurethane one by energy suspension. Put it in no big deal. But still afterwards starting my car while in neutral same cluncking noise was there but not as loud bur more repetitive, also did it while riding clutch and slowly driving along in first. But as I start to move through gears it seems to ease a bit. Just would like to have some help or insight on this if anyone else is knowledgeable in this situation. Not sure if it may he trans mount again, motor mounts or u-joints. If anyone has any idea I'd highly appreciate it if you could help me out, thanks.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Conner. I think you may have a bad U-Joint. Put your car in the air and check the joints. Not hearing the noise I can tell you it could be any one of a number of things. Start small and work your way up to the more expensive things.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black
    2002 Camaro Z/28

Thanks. I'm hoping to look into it soon, I have some people that I know could help just have been too busy lately and thought I could get some insight on here. But thanks appreciate it

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

U-joint or front torque arm mount. Also possible you have an exhaust clunk if something loosened up in the system.

How is your vibration level with the poly trans mount? I installed one and pulled it back out after about 2 weeks in favor of the stock mount.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z/28

I'll look into it some more. But vibration wise. It is like the trans mount but doesn't clunk as hard and is more repetitive. I'll start my car while it's in neutral and it does it then when I throw it into first and slowly start driving it does it then usually stops when I'm in higher gears

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Maybe check the Torque Arm mount that connects to the tail cone of the transmission. They do go bad and if not installed correctly even the bolts can back out.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z/28

All right I'm going to look at it this Saturday, thanks

Thread Information