Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He'll surprise more than just hondas. Any V8 performance car is at jeopardy of embarassment here. As this 2010 SS owner found out the hard way with my 6.0 swap

You are going to have loads of fun with this swap

Last edited by Firebirdjones; 05-06-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Rio Red
    1988 Chrysler Conquest

[QUOTE=Firebirdjones;2891586]He'll surprise more than just hondas. Any V8 performance car is at jeopardy of embarassment here. As this 2010 SS owner found out the hard way with my 6.0 swap

You are going to have loads of fun with this swap

Lol, EXACTLY what I was thinking! More than Hondas will be scratching their heads on this one!
    "A man's worth is no more than what he thrusts his heart up"
    -Marcus Aurelius's Meditations

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Click for full size
    It put a smile on my face

Rio Red
    1988 Chrysler Conquest

Talking Same Here!

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    It put a smile on my face
    Same Here! I LOVE stuff like this. I actually possibly have something similar on the horizon. I have a 1991 Mazda 323. Basically a modern day Pacer lol. When and IF the engine ever gives out(maybe Never lol) I am contemplating putting a 4.8 in it and making it rear wheel drive . I had thought about sticking a RX7 Wankle in it but I think it'd be cheaper to do the 4.8 and put a 2wd Colorado drive train under it. It is my errand runner and it looks like a total piece of crap (But, it gets a verified 38.6mpg ) and that's exactly how I'd leave it in appearance. I haven't figured out how to put a picture in my posting yet or I would so you guys could have a great laugh. It would be hilarious if I follow through with it. IMO Unusual is ALWAYS entertaining at worst!

I still giggle when I watch that. It was my daily driver for about 3-4 years, the street encounters were priceless. So much fun, I hated to see it go but the guy paid 3 times what I had in it. So it was time to move on to the next project

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

FBJ.....

White
    07 Kia Sorento - LSx Swap

It's been a while since I posted. I am sorry! You may proceed with the floggings. LoL.
    However, it's been a long and busy summer.
    The Kia has been a flawless daily driver all summer long! It is an absolute blast. Aside from repeatedly having to delete the "lean idle fuel mixture" error code. I think it has something to do with the intake and having no laminar airflow screen (honeycomb) in the intake. Although it is in the Kia it is actually the complete CAI intake for a Silverado 1500 6.0L, yeah, it fit believe it or not. Slight mods to the heat shielding was all I did.
    Anyway...
    To my dismay the Kia is down again. However this time it is 150℅ my fault! It was fun though! I have video too!!
    First though... Here is a video of my exhaust finally completed. I couldn't go out the rear, I really wanted to, too!! There is just NO room for dual 3" pipes between the rear solid axle and the body. I couldn't even get 2-1/2 in there if I wanted. LoL
    So, slant cut side exit it is. I will get tips eventually. However I have other things I need much more now.

Here is the new exhaust and sound. (note: 4k soft rev crap wasn't disabled)

Aaaaaaand, here is the video that will make you smile guaranteed!!

BOOM goes the dynamite.....eeer...well... transfer case actually. LoL. Oops!!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Navy Blue Metallic

That was awesome. The guy's reaction on video was great.

Hope it's not down too long.

What power you making?

White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

That was awesome. The guy's reaction on video was great.

Hope it's not down too long.

What power you making?
    I'm not sure honestly. My best guess would be around 400hp. It's an Ly6 with Ls3 intake plus the headers and exhaust. My tuner (Sinister Performance - www.gmtuners.com ) did a "mail order" tune. So it's a drivability tune but it's aggressive and made for premium fuel. I am SURE there is more to be had once I take it to my local dyno tuner ( Hutter Performance - www.hutterperformance.com )
    I also have a DEi sponsorship so they sent me a Triple Shot EFI Nitrous System. It's capable of 300hp worth of go-go gas. However I am going to jet it for 100 to 150. I have heard that's a safe number for the Ly6.

Navy Blue Metallic

up to 125/150 is safe'ish on stock internals. After that you'll need to invest in forged rods, pistons, crank & ARP bolts plus a really good tune.

Use a switch window to activate the Nitrous. I wish I had a sponsor or two....

White

up to 125/150 is safe'ish on stock internals. After that you'll need to invest in forged rods, pistons, crank & ARP bolts plus a really good tune.

Thank for the info!

The kit came with a few nice switches for safety and trigger. A fuel pressure switch, full throttle trigger switch, arming switch with carbon fiber cover, and momentary push button go switch. I also got a remote "bottle opener". Which really isn't an opener like I thought. It's a special 2 stage remote solenoid that goes on the bottle after the knob, but before the gauge. It turns the gas on and off.

White

Oh. I forgot to mention. Shoot me a PM and i can help you with DEi sponsorship pricing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information