Thread: $$$ Involved

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

$$$ Involved

So on saturday nights I've been going to a "nice shindig by my place of occupation" I haven't been out there lately because of work and school, but one of my co-workers set up a little race for me without my knowledge.... in mexico of course

Apparently there's a kid with a RB26DETT swapped 240SX who thinks he can wipe me. He's got a 100 shot ready as well. Now to my knowledge it's a stock motor, so I don't think he's pushing much over 300, but with that 100 shot he's in my neck of the woods, and he's lighter....The race is for $200, best out of 3 runs, whether it's from digs or rolls will be decided at the meet. Need be I have a money maker kit installed on my intake.....should I be worried enough to throw on a 100 shot?.....absolutely no one would be the wiser lol

Vid will be provided later this week
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 01-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    M6, MS3 Cam, FAST 92/92, LS7 Clutch, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, Lid, K&N, OBX LT's, 3in ORX True Duals, KYB AGX shocks, BMR 3-Point SFCs, BMR springs, BMR Adj. PHR, LCA Relos, STB, 315 NT555Rs, DeepDish C5Z06s.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Run him on motor the first time, and then if necessary kick on the money maker.

I don't think you'll need it though. I ran a guy from my old job in his 240 a couple times and he had a turbo of some sort and what not, I got him every time just by a little but I'm only bolt-ons... his car was set up for drifting though, I don't think that matters much on some digs and rolls on the street.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You have to remember that he is significantly lighter (around 600-700 lbs depending on what year 240SX) with the same power, and with a 100 shot, that is instant power. Your power band is not coming in until you hit your peak RPM. You would be best off from a dig I would think.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

yeh his weight is what scares me, looks like I'll have to throw on those 315s nittos i've got lying around and start practicing getting out of the hole. I would run him from a dig, but if he knows how to break boost...I feel as if the odds aren't in my corner.
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 01-22-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Run him with the 100 shot, hey if he has it you should have it. The weight of his ride will be an issue but he still has to drive and shift so if you do your job it should be a very good race.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

The race all comes down to drivers and because of this I would race him from a dig. Brake boosting only works from a roll, it is impossible to do it off the line with a stick shift car unless he has a pickback ecu or a straight stand alone that allows him to launch on boost.... which he very well could as good piggybacks can be had for less than 1k. If I were you, I would get some MT ETs and practice launching. Chances are he can't launch and it will be harder for him to launch with that setup. His car is an 11 second car with 400hp and a good driver if he can hook.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Let us know who wins and how you did in the race. Better yet, post the race if you can.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    So on saturday nights I've been going to a "nice shindig by my place of occupation" I haven't been out there lately because of work and school, but one of my co-workers set up a little race for me without my knowledge.... in mexico of course

Apparently there's a kid with a RB26DETT swapped 240SX who thinks he can wipe me. He's got a 100 shot ready as well. Now to my knowledge it's a stock motor, so I don't think he's pushing much over 300, but with that 100 shot he's in my neck of the woods, and he's lighter....The race is for $200, best out of 3 runs, whether it's from digs or rolls will be decided at the meet. Need be I have a money maker kit installed on my intake.....should I be worried enough to throw on a 100 shot?.....absolutely no one would be the wiser lol

Vid will be provided later this week
    isn't that the part number to a Samsung TV???

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    isn't that the part number to a Samsung TV???
    haha probably

Well come to find out that it isn't a RB26DETT, it's actually just a RB25 with a 75 shot, this one's in the bag lol I'll still post a vid once we run

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You'll be safe with the 100 shot, throw it on, and wipe his ass with that LS1!

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

should be no worries good luck dont get cocky and mess up your driving tho

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

haha probably

Well come to find out that it isn't a RB26DETT, it's actually just a RB25 with a 75 shot, this one's in the bag lol I'll still post a vid once we run
    So its safe to assume that its not a LED?

haha probably

Well come to find out that it isn't a RB26DETT, it's actually just a RB25
    So it's a smaller TV?

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

Let me know how this goes i raced a 240 when i had 367 and 370tq and it was dead even he had a rb20 with a big turbo. and all that jaz but that was with my ls1 intake still so choked me out top end sadly

it says 390hp but not what the dyno said

Last edited by devildogws6; 01-29-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That didn't look dead even to me. Did you get out of it? Hard to hear your car over that fart can he had. Looked like he didn't know how to launch the car either.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

no he didnt know how to launch it and he started to pull at the very end my car lost power at top due to ls1 intake i had a big cam, when i threw on the fast 90/90 combo it was a totally different story

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

i just posted a video in the multimedia section if ya wanna see another race

White
    2001 camaro SS

From a dig even tho he is lighter you have to remember he prob just put all the money in to the RB26 and what not, I doubt that thing will hook up out of the hole at all! My Buddy has a s14 240 and no grip, so unless hes done a good amount of of work I think your good, shouldnt be close from a dig race..
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

wheres the results of this race?

Thread Information