Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree on the headliner....call some places. I just can't see that being a very expensive fix to just take it to a pro and have it done. I've never had any dealings with CPAP either.....I just know they're the go to guys for late model GTO parts. Like cammed said too.....keep your eyes out at ebay or the gto boards for someone parting one out. Honestly....I would sweat a fender liner too much so you have time to just keep an eye out at places. Hell....I purposely cut mine on the truck so the tires would clear

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Ok guys, reporting back on a couple of things with the GTO.

First, picked up stock 17" wheels w/tires, lug nuts and caps for $475 shipped off ebay a little while back. I went in for a 4-wheel alignment and found the front caster was off well over 1°. The tech said I needed to look into some new front bushings (ill grab a pic of what he pointed too).

Steering, every now and then I get a clunking sound and feel it through the steering column. its this the strut rub or do I have some greater force at work?

So anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Aside from an exhaust leak, and having to put a new radiator in the car, I'm happy to report no issues after 6000 miles from driving. Makes the daily commute fun again.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Radius rod bushings could be split. If you want good polyurethane bushings on the cheap, go for whiteline adjustable radius rod bushings. They are poly with, I think, nickel plated steel plates. I run them and they are great. As for the clunking of the steering, check your inner/outer tie rods for looseness. Could also be a loose steering shaft coupler or worn swaybar bushings.

The aftermarket for the modern goat seems to keep growing.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Goat, here is a picture (sourced not of my car) but yes, I believe you are correct. As for tie rods I will look into those. I have been looking at Pedders, however I will do research on the "whiteline" you have mentioned above. I don't need anything to crazy since it's just a DD, but it would be great to resolve some of these 'noises'.

As for a loosened steering shaft, or swaybars, I will look into those as well. I honestly have no clue if the 19" wheels that were on the car when I purchased it might have done anything to mess with all that or not.

Thanks for the advice!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yup. Those be the radius rod bushings. Glad to help.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Replaced the Radius Rod Bushings in about 30 minutes around a month back with Whiteline Adjustable ones. I set them at +1/2° caster. Also mounted new tires and a full alignment done. It's made a huge difference and nice ride improvement as well.

The TSW wheels are for sale. I will be posting a thread soon once I get pics with my handle and date taken.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Picked up an '04 GTO

Whitelines kick ass!!

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

GTO is sold...should be welcoming a 1,800 mile logged, 2012 Camaro SS 1SS (Silver/ Blk int/ 6spd) home no later than the end of this week.

The GTO served me as a great car from 66,000-109,000 miles. Only needing a battery, a set of tires (BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S (fantastic tires by the way), Radius Rod Bushings, and a couple headlight bulbs. It will be missed, but the move up from a 12 year old car to only a 4 year old car with less than 1,800 miles was simply to good to pass up.

I received numerous compliments and comments towards the GTO. Solid car all around.
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Congrats. I'm still loving my GTO almost nine years later and I'm still getting compliments.

Thread Information