Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking 95 Trans Am A4 vs 98 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo *Results*

Hey guys as promised we raced tonight and man i gotta tell ya it was fun as hell lol, we did a first to 3 wins, the races broke down like this

Race 1 *Dig* - VR4 had a couple cars at beginning, i narrowed it down to 1/2 or so by 90 n had to stop.

Race 2 *20 Roll* - T/A by 1 1/2 - 2 cars

Race 3 *30 Roll* - T/A (almost same as race 2)

Race 4 *40 Roll* - T/A by maybe car or car n half

Fun Race *60-140* We started out about even, around 90 i had maybe 1/2 a car, by 140 i had atleast a car on him maybe more lol i was worried about stopping at that point cuz i saw wht appeared to be cop lights a ways down the road.

Other Kills of the night

2003/2004 VW Jetta 1.8T M5 - Win, Easy Race
    1996 BMW 328i M5 - Win
    2003 Mustang GT M5 - (that says it all lol)
    1994 Cavalier Z24 A4 -
    1995 Ford Probe GT -
    Last edited by White 95 T/A; 04-08-2006 at 10:31 PM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

ahaha....nice icon useage. I take it the GT beat ya...do you know his mods?

Nice kill on the vr4....do you still have the stock stall in? If so a 40 roll is a no no

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

Nice kill on the vr4....do you still have the stock stall in? If so a 40 roll is a no no
    Hehe funny, no the GT is the Loser

Everything in my car is stock lol the only non-stock thing is my pioneer headunit.
    I'm just glad I got 3.23s in my Trans Am instead of 2.73s that some autos get stuck with.
    Last edited by White 95 T/A; 04-08-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Jus another quick update i saw the guy earlier today and we did a fun run from 0-140 but he was still the .

I love my Trans Am lol

We agreed to another race in the middle of summer and at the end of summer. We're both gonna be doin some moddin this summer so we want to run against each other at the half and end mark. Hopefully i can beat him worse than this time .

I Plan to do the following by middle/end of summer
    Intake - Not sure maybe SLP or other
    Exhaust - GMMG w/ either GMMG oval tips or Corsa duals
    Longtube headers - Pacesetter
    Y-Pipe - Not Sure
    Wheels/Tires - Not sure
    3.73 gears - maybe, I have 3.23s stock
    Torque Converter - not sure which yet
    Cam - big maybe if i can find one worth getting and it doesnt cost me a shit load to get installed
    Suspension - this will definately get touched, just have to research a little on wht to get.
    Last edited by White 95 T/A; 04-09-2006 at 08:35 PM.

Silver
    1997 Pontiac Firebird

Yep im one of the guys stuck with 2.73's....lol

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by White 95 T/A
    Hey guys as promised we raced tonight and man i gotta tell ya it was fun as hell lol, we did a first to 3 wins, the races broke down like this

Race 1 *Dig* - VR4 had a couple cars at beginning, i narrowed it down to 1/2 or so by 90 n had to stop.

Race 2 *20 Roll* - T/A by 1 1/2 - 2 cars

Race 3 *30 Roll* - T/A (almost same as race 2)

Race 4 *40 Roll* - T/A by maybe car or car n half

Fun Race *60-140* We started out about even, around 90 i had maybe 1/2 a car, by 140 i had atleast a car on him maybe more lol i was worried about stopping at that point cuz i saw wht appeared to be cop lights a ways down the road.

Other Kills of the night

2003/2004 VW Jetta 1.8T M5 - Win, Easy Race
    1996 BMW 328i M5 - Win
    2003 Mustang GT M5 - (that says it all lol)
    1994 Cavalier Z24 A4 -
    1995 Ford Probe GT -
    Sounded like a fun night.
    Good kills.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

carefull with him modding that car he might easily shit all over you even with your listed mods, but then again who knows, im just saying anything running boost will always have alot of potential
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

is it too hard on the transmission?

Around 40mph its like theres no power. I hate that!

Quote Originally Posted by 97formula
    Yep im one of the guys stuck with 2.73's....lol
    Me 2 but my Current LT1 is still a beast!..lol

Jus another quick update i saw the guy earlier today and we did a fun run from 0-140 but he was still the .

I love my Trans Am lol

We agreed to another race in the middle of summer and at the end of summer. We're both gonna be doin some moddin this summer so we want to run against each other at the half and end mark. Hopefully i can beat him worse than this time .

I Plan to do the following by middle/end of summer
    Intake - Not sure maybe SLP or other
    Exhaust - GMMG w/ either GMMG oval tips or Corsa duals
    Longtube headers - Pacesetter
    Y-Pipe - Not Sure
    Wheels/Tires - Not sure
    3.73 gears - maybe, I have 3.23s stock
    Torque Converter - not sure which yet
    Cam - big maybe if i can find one worth getting and it doesnt cost me a shit load to get installed
    Suspension - this will definately get touched, just have to research a little on wht to get.
    Suspension should be the first thing you do to your car.
    Get weld on subframe conectors, Torque arm,LCA's and youd be shocked at the launches. When you start building power it wont do you any good unless its going to the ground. If your flexing youll lose alot of power the chassis flex not to mention it will spin the tires turning your power into heat. I learned this the hard way. When I cammed the LS1 is wouldnt do anything but spin at any RPM from a roll even with the stock gears. Same thing went with the m6 LT1 I had would just spin from a roll if I hit the gas hard. My 2:73 car has a hard time not spinngin some time. So I already ordered SFC's for it.

Quote Originally Posted by robb4964
    Suspension should be the first thing you do to your car.
    Get weld on subframe conectors, Torque arm,LCA's and youd be shocked at the launches. When you start building power it wont do you any good unless its going to the ground. If your flexing youll lose alot of power the chassis flex not to mention it will spin the tires turning your power into heat. I learned this the hard way. When I cammed the LS1 is wouldnt do anything but spin at any RPM from a roll even with the stock gears. Same thing went with the m6 LT1 I had would just spin from a roll if I hit the gas hard. My 2:73 car has a hard time not spinngin some time. So I already ordered SFC's for it.
    Hey bud could you throw up some links for those suspension mods and approx prices? thx in advance

Hey bud could you throw up some links for those suspension mods and approx prices? thx in advance
    www.umiperformance.com
    www.lmperformance.com

Do those suspension mods help me any on races from a roll or mostly from a dig?

Would a good order for my upgrades be like the following?

1. Full Exhaust - Pacesetter Longtube headers, Y-Pipe, i was going to get GMMG but now im not 100% sure

2. Wheels/Tires - I was planning on 17x11 rear and 17x9.5 fronts with 315 rear tires n 275 front

3. Suspension mods (most likely will do at same time as wheels/tires or a month afterwards) Subframe connectors, Torque Arms, also are LCAs Lower control arms?
    if so should i go for tubular adjustable or non-adjustable? whts the difference?
    Which Torque Arm should i get? there are so many

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Don't go in overconfident if he starts modding that VR-4. Completely stock appearing 15g turbos have my Stealth TT (same car for the uninformed) running 7.40's @ 96+ MPH in the 1/8th. Turbo upgrades can turn 3/S's into worthy competition in a big hurry. Not talking junk. Just letting you in on what may be in store for you. I will tell you this much though, modding a 3/S can be a wallet busting experience. Trust me.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
    Don't go in overconfident if he starts modding that VR-4. Completely stock appearing 15g turbos have my Stealth TT (same car for the uninformed) running 7.40's @ 96+ MPH in the 1/8th. Turbo upgrades can turn 3/S's into worthy competition in a big hurry. Not talking junk. Just letting you in on what may be in store for you. I will tell you this much though, modding a 3/S can be a wallet busting experience. Trust me.
    not trying to be a jerk or anything but run it in the 1/4. The AWD is impressive and it helps turn in some awesome 60ft and 1/8 numbers, but even modded most fall on their face before the end of the 1/4. I know they can be fast, I raced one and put it in the kills section here, he was hangin all over my ass -I'm just saying it's easy to turn in a good 1/8 time with AWD, a good 1/4 time with one is something to brag about though

a lot of 3/s cars fall flat on there ass because of there stock turbos can only hold about 14psi til about 4-4.5k then it drops real fast to about 9psi(to 7k) losing a ton of power. If they upgrade there turbos they can trap a lot higher in the 1/4.

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

not trying to be a jerk or anything but run it in the 1/4. The AWD is impressive and it helps turn in some awesome 60ft and 1/8 numbers, but even modded most fall on their face before the end of the 1/4. I know they can be fast, I raced one and put it in the kills section here, he was hangin all over my ass -I'm just saying it's easy to turn in a good 1/8 time with AWD, a good 1/4 time with one is something to brag about though
    OK, no problem. It runs 11.4's @ 122 in the 1/4 mile. 22 PSI to redline on the 15g's on my dinky ass little gauge. Impressive enough? Probably not since this is an LS1 board and every stock LS1 powered car runs much quicker and faster than that. Just run up against a 15g powered or larger upgraded turbo 3/S and you'll get a whole different understanding about what falling on one's face before the end of the 1/4 mile is all about. BTW, my 93 Stealth TT has 135,xxx miles on the stock engine which is still 100% stock from the intake to the oil pan. Even if you know what you're looking at you cannot tell the turbos from the stock ones that came from the factory. It's got the supporting mods to support the increased boost but you really cannot tell what size fuel pump is inside the gas tank or what size injector is spraying the fuel now can you? You look at my car and decide it's going to fall on its face because it looks stock and you're going to get your feelings hurt. Just like may be the case with the original poster in this thread which was what I was trying to let him know about in the first place. Is my TT the fastest car on planet earth? Nope. Hell, it's probably not even in the top 1 million. However, it makes my 328.9 RWHP SS look like it's got a spark plug wire pulled when I race the two cars against each other. My SS has run a 7.48 @ 90.2 MPH in the 1/8th BTW (-1500 DA) but only a 12.07 @ 111.82 with the DA at +1200' (7.66 @ 88.5 on that pass) on a much warmer day in the 1/4 mile. Which car falls on its face before the end of the 1/4 mile again?
    Last edited by Smokinstorm; 04-20-2006 at 10:22 PM.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
    OK, no problem. It runs 11.4's @ 122 in the 1/4 mile. 22 PSI to redline on the 15g's on my dinky ass little gauge. Impressive enough? Probably not since this is an LS1 board and every stock LS1 powered car runs much quicker and faster than that. Just run up against a 15g powered or larger upgraded turbo 3/S and you'll get a whole different understanding about what falling on one's face before the end of the 1/4 mile is all about. BTW, my 93 Stealth TT has 135,xxx miles on the stock engine which is still 100% stock from the intake to the oil pan. Even if you know what you're looking at you cannot tell the turbos from the stock ones that came from the factory. It's got the supporting mods to support the increased boost but you really cannot tell what size fuel pump is inside the gas tank or what size injector is spraying the fuel now can you? You look at my car and decide it's going to fall on its face because it looks stock and you're going to get your feelings hurt. Just like may be the case with the original poster in this thread which was what I was trying to let him know about in the first place. Is my TT the fastest car on planet earth? Nope. Hell, it's probably not even in the top 1 million. However, it makes my 328.9 RWHP SS look like it's got a spark plug wire pulled when I race the two cars against each other. My SS has run a 7.48 @ 90.2 MPH in the 1/8th BTW but only a 12.07 @ 111.82 on a much warmer day in the 1/4 mile. Which car falls on its face before the end of the 1/4 mile again?
    so is it stock from the intake to the oil pan, or does it have all the mods you listed two lines after you calim stock? That's alot of BS right there.

Thread Information