Black

CTS-V 5 lug conversion

I recently purchases a 05 CTS-V and want to get new wheels, but it is impossible to find nice decently priced wheels. Is it possible to change the hubs to a c5 corvette in order to convert the car to 5 lug?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blk_z28 View Post
    I recently purchases a 05 CTS-V and want to get new wheels, but it is impossible to find nice decently priced wheels. Is it possible to change the hubs to a c5 corvette in order to convert the car to 5 lug?
    Subscribing so I can answer this later today. It is possible to do a 5 lug conversion though.

Black

I heard it is possible but I have not been able to find out what parts to use.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Pulled this from another site.

"Any pre-09 C6 hub will work. The C6Z front rotor will work when centered to the V1 OEM caliper with shims. The C6Z front wheel will require a spacer to keep it off the steering knuckle. IMO the OEM Brembo rotor is far superior to the C6Z front rotors if you do track days.

If retaining emergency brake the corvette rotors do not work on the rears.

If your application does not include track days, the least expensive route would be vette hubs and rotors up front. Keep in mind the vette has 5 x 4.75 pattern and the V2 has 5 x 120 pattern.

I have Two V1 steering knuckles drilled out to accept the OEM V2 six piston calipers, Two V2 calipers, and Two V2 oem 15" rotors modified to fit the pre-09 hubs. This combination works with the C6Z wheels with hubcentric spacers and longer wheel studs. Also worked with Custom made 6 x 115 15" 2pc rotors and OEM V1 wheels."
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

The 2010+ Camaro SS hubs and rotors will bolt on with no mods whatsoever, and allow you to keep your existing calipers. However, you are still going to have a limited selection of wheels thanks to the fixed calipers. Not alot of wheel profiles will clear the front caliper face on these brakes.

I'm still going back and forth on whether or not to do this...there's only one way I do things - right. I'm not interested in drilling, shimming, or modifying in any way. That being the case, it's expensive no matter which way you slice it. The best scenario I came up with was using the SS hubs and rotors with my stock calipers. If I obtain those parts used off ebay, I can get them for about $1000. Add in Avarus AV8 wheels ($1000), and a good set of tires ($800), i'm still over $3000 total when all is said and done. That puts me right in the range of a set of iForged wheels.

Black

Thank you for all of the tips, I was debating if it was worth it or not. For now Im going to stick with just looking for a better set of wheels. What company's out there make nice wheels for the V? I am yet to find a company that has multiple options for wheels.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Most of the companies that make 6 lug wheels are pretty darn expensive. Any of your custom wheel makers are options like CCW, HRE, iForged, Fikse, ect.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by blk_z28 View Post
    Thank you for all of the tips, I was debating if it was worth it or not. For now Im going to stick with just looking for a better set of wheels. What company's out there make nice wheels for the V? I am yet to find a company that has multiple options for wheels.
    As noted above, there are lots of custom wheel companies that can supply what you are looking for, however you are looking at about $3000 to start for ANY of them.

Team Dynamics offers a few 6x115 wheels with the correct offsets, but they are all 18x9 wheels and are all lightweight racing wheels, not made with style in mind (though I don't think they look bad, per se). I believe they start at around $1200 a set.

If you are looking for an $800 set of wheels that will bolt on to the CTS-V, we can save you the trouble and tell you there are none.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

you can do a 5 lug conversion ive seen a few that have but for what you would spend doing that and buying a set of wheels you could just buy a really nice set
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

Thread Information