Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring spacers

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I believe that the "technical" difference is related to the control arm suspension up front. Our cars have double wishbone up front, so they use shocks (like a coil over, I guess...).
    ^^
    winner, winner chicken dinner....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

A strut is part of the actual suspension system and is also a crucial part of the steering system affecting different alignment angles. A shock does not. We definitely have 4 shocks.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Spring spacers

not to mention when you pull those front springs the shock comes out first then the spring as 2 separate pieces. Struts are 1 piece or unit unless you manage to break one.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Threads like this are why I'm leaning towards coilovers. Way more adjustable no matter what spring you get.
    YUP had coil-overs on my 280Z -(back in the day loved the adjustability and they had 5 way settings.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

It has taken me 10 years to figure this out. Lower your car rear springs with hose mod. That takes out upper bushing and replaces it with hose around spring. Lasts 50K miles then replace as needed. Get .125 lower spacer and modify the ID to fit from Summit Racing $15. So for $20 you get perfect ride height for road, road course and drag. Use stock springs with LeCarbon or Bilstein shocks. KYB's might work but, haven't tried those. Like the Bilsteins.

What you will end up with with is 1/2" higher ride height in rear than front. Improved handling without harshness. Of course, you can do a lowering kit but, you will be scraping everything and the handling will not improve that much.

i have to note that I have upgraded LCA, Traclinc, and Panhard Rod for improved suspension function.
    Life comes at you fast. Grab it and hold onto it with all your might.

Living life in the fast lane. 182IDIE

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    It has taken me 10 years to figure this out. Lower your car rear springs with hose mod. That takes out upper bushing and replaces it with hose around spring. Lasts 50K miles then replace as needed. Get .125 lower spacer and modify the ID to fit from Summit Racing $15. So for $20 you get perfect ride height for road, road course and drag. Use stock springs with LeCarbon or Bilstein shocks. KYB's might work but, haven't tried those. Like the Bilsteins.

What you will end up with with is 1/2" higher ride height in rear than front. Improved handling without harshness. Of course, you can do a lowering kit but, you will be scraping everything and the handling will not improve that much.

i have to note that I have upgraded LCA, Traclinc, and Panhard Rod for improved suspension function.
    I have the Strano lowering springs and haven't scraped once.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I have the Strano lowering springs and haven't scraped once.

Wow you must be a flat lander.... J/K. Here in the mountains with the steep side roads and such with stock front end height I scrape sometimes.
    Really couldn't imagine if I was lowered. Just giving a option for those that hate the hiked up rear end. Thanks for your reply.

Even my driveway in Central Valley (Flat land) I scrape if I bounce at all coming down it. So, I have to drive real slowly.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have about 3/4 of a pop can of clearance at my lowest point (under the collector) and I have 1-7/8" Kooks Headers going into a 3" Kooks ORY. I have a steep driveway, go over speed bumps, etc....without an issue. Have had that setup for 7 years I think, maybe longer. I also have Koni 4/4 shocks on all four corners so my car isn't bouncing around like some other cheaper shocks allow.

What exactly are you scrapping on? Some shitty headers (like SLP) sit a lot lower than others. Maybe it's the air damn towards the front of the car?

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I have about 3/4 of a pop can of clearance at my lowest point (under the collector) and I have 1-7/8" Kooks Headers going into a 3" Kooks ORY. I have a steep driveway, go over speed bumps, etc....without an issue. Have had that setup for 7 years I think, maybe longer. I also have Koni 4/4 shocks on all four corners so my car isn't bouncing around like some other cheaper shocks allow.

What exactly are you scrapping on? Some shitty headers (like SLP) sit a lot lower than others. Maybe it's the air damn towards the front of the car?

I wonder if his problem is a combination of weakened motor mounts, allowing the engine/exhaust to drop a little, and weakened springs allowing the ride height to drop a little as well.

I think this is why my Kooks catted y's scrape ground sometimes. When I put on the stock springs I bought, I am also going to put on a set of 1/2 inch spacers that go on the front LCA's, where the springs bolt onto.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Stock front end spoiler scrapes. New Motor mounts. Stock Pipes. Just driveway entrance and speed bumps in my area higher than a coke can.

Everyone complains in my community about the speed bumps. There are 6 of them on the way to my house lined with rocks on the edge so as to keep the speed under 20mph.

If I approach a speed bump and gas it just right I miss the speed bump by lifting the front end just enough on the two it scrapes all the time.

My 03 Vette... stock height is worse. The 2014 C7 makes it without scraping except on one steep street in Pine Grove where I visit often.

My 370Z doesn't scrape at all. But on the steep hills turning one wheel raises and I do not get traction unless I gun it. Need a better diff for that one.

I know my cause in not normal as I also had no issues until I moved into these areas.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 09-13-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'd move lol

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I put Eibach lowering springs ( prokit ) with Bilstein shocks in my car. Handling drastically improved. Stance looks great after getting the strut spacers up front.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

I'd move lol

I see your point.... Yeah, sucks hearing your front end scrape all the time. I am in the minority I guess.
    Thanks for your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information