Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 99 Z28 vs 10 GT

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Don't take it to heart. I've seen the same types of attitudes with 4th gen camaro owners, as well as vette owners, etc....it's not just the mustangs. It's just a certain mantality that has no specific brand.
    My point exactly. I see some really bad behavior by some of my fellow Camaro owners. The neighborhood I live in, there are tons of Corvette owners, and they all seem to just enjoy having one and think it's the pinnacle of automotive performance. I had one try to race me and I think he was shifting at 3500 rpm, still expecting to walk away. Lots of Vette drivers like that, but I would still be driving one if my wife didn't object (Unfortunately the old lady insists on any "toys" having 4 seats so they at least have the capability of practical use if needed.). They're great all around performance cars.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    I guess I just don't understand your logic? How does one car owner give owners of a similar car a bad reputation? If you saw some douchebag making an ass out of himself and he happened to own a TOSHIBA brand laptop computer, would you then have a different attitude toward TOSHIBA owners? They don't screen car buyers; you pay the $$$ and they give you a car.

If I were to assume a stereotype of car owners just based on sheer volume of assclowns driving them, it would be the PT Cruiser, with the Acura Integra coming in a close second, but again that wouldn't make any sense.
    apparently you haven't ran into any otherwise you would agree, never talked to a person who thinks a PT is cool but im sure there are some, and there are a ton of GT stang owners here where i live and of all of them i have talked to only 2-3 have actually know what they were talking about but im sure that comes with most of them still being in HS or fresh out of it.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    At the drag strip, I don't believe I ever ran a LT1 but I ran a WS6 like you have and after the third time of him getting beat by a 312 rwhp, 4:30 geared Mach1, I guess he decided he couldn't drive well enough to beat a slow Mach 1!
    no kidding. he must have been a pretty bad driver.

Black and Gold
    03 Ford Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    no kidding. he must have been a pretty bad driver.
    Obviously or Canadian!
    2012 Shelby GT500 DD

08 GT/CS Vert 426/430 a couple of bolt ons. (sold)
    03 Mach 1 Black and Gold (sold)
    33 Ford 5 Window
    57 Chevy

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Obviously or Canadian!
    good point!

Thread Information