Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Bottom line...someone will always be faster.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

And that person is you Jon lol

Red/Silver stripes
    2002 35th LE Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Me and my cousin went out to our local BJ's to a little get together and all and all there was a good showing of cars. We even got to see a skyline which is the first time I have ever seen one in person.

On to the Races:
    Cousin- Cammed 2003 Z06 with supporting mods
    Me- Almost Stock 2002 Camaro SS

Tonight I raced a Turboed volvo (guys a giant tool). We went from a 40 roll at first, he got the hit and didn't even honk and I reeled him back in and put about 3-4 cars on him.
    The second race was a 20 roll and I pretty much just utterly destroyed him and had about 6-7 car lengths on him.

The next car I raced was a pretty quick dodge diesel. We went from a dig and I beat him out of the hole and just kept putting lengths on him. He decided to quit after that.

The last race of the night for me was a Cobalt SS/TC It looked stock besides exhaust and I didn't get a chance to ask him what was in it. But we went from a dig and I beat him by about 4 lengths and shut down at 60. Thank god that was the speed limit because cops flew by not even 2 min later (to bust a party I'm guessing) and that ended all racing for me and my cousin.

My cousin got to race a brand new 5.0 that was running his mouth the whole night saying how bad he would kill a corvette. As soon as my cousin heard this he was like hey man wanna race my Z06. After mouthing off for a bit talking some smack we went out to the street on 70 and went from a 25 roll a 40 roll and a 65 roll. All runs went up to about 120-135 and each time my cousin was just crushing the whole way. I got to say that was the best night I have had out in the Camaro in a long time.
    Do you think a Stock SS will run close if not even with a new 5.0?
    Everyone I talk to says no, I call bull shit. I have high reason to believe that if I can hang with a Vette on the track spinning more than him then yeah I can either hang or take a new 5.0, plus if I can just about touch the rear end of a stock 03-04 Cobra then I do in fact believe a stock 02 SS is considered in their class. I always hear that no way, your car has 345 his has 400+ blah blah blah, there's a reason none of the new ones will never, and I mean never acknowledge I'm beside them pulling and slowing for about an hour until they turn off somewhere, I believe it's cause I will spank that ass. But, I'm not sure.

Red/Silver stripes
    2002 35th LE Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    You beat a Volvo with a turbo (model/year), You beat a dodge diesel (make/model/year), You beat a Cobalt SS. First I am not saying the LS1 is the god of motors. I have had 03/04 cobra's hand me my ass with mods. Try taking something on closer to your HP. I would not have given any of the cars you mention the time of day. I would have been real nice to them. But IMO it is not worth the waste of gas. I want something close or something I might lose to. Do I think a stock SS with a good driver will be close with a good driver in the new 5.0.... NOPE..

Great kills and all.. But I would not have raced them.. I hunt the modded 03/04 cobras and new 5.0's down. Heck in stock form 00 Z... I hunted the 00 stangs down.
    I'm stock and I chase anything that says GT, 5.0, Cobra, SVT, GT500, Rousch, Saleen, Steeda, basically any mustang that has a V8 in it. Like I always say, I don't give a shit what your driving... I'm goin to race you one way or another. If I win well then I have bragging rights, if you win than good on ya but no mustang is safe when I'm on the road cause I don't discriminate.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would love for a new GT500 to play with me

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I'm sure he will be in for a big surprise lol

Metallic Navy Blue
    1998 Firebird Formula

My 98 Formula ran 13.5 bone stock except for a K&N filter, I am now 12.5 @113 with my still crappy 1.9 60ft time (cant seem to get that lower) and thats with drag radials and 3.90 gears?
    For the 5.0 storys, I ran one going down the highway the other night running about 60mph, since my gear swap my A4 wont downshift into 2nd gear at anything higher than 60 so luckily she decided to be kind and get nasty or I would have been VERY embarrased. Anyway, I pulled away from him at a steady pace but not quickly by any means and I shut it down at around 140mph just because I had to get that much of a lead so he knew he had lost! Thankfully I didnt race him from a dig because my KDW's are at the wear markers and are SLICK (cant even give 1/4 pedal and she spins) or he would have had me playing catch up!
    Yes Ford finally got an engine in those that is worth a crap, when I read in Motor Trend the 1/4 mile times they were testing at I about crapped. I dont like to think of a stock mustang being able to take me!
    If you dont like getting beat then get ready to be addicted to spending money on go fast parts!

Thread Information