Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    going to be a bit for sure.. i have seen some nice rear seat delete kits.. have the ss or t/a logos on em, are sheet metal aluminum, just to cover the place where the back seatus used to be..

i had a good laugh a bit ago. a bud of mine and i were installing my steeda clutch quadrent kit, and we were taking out the drivers seat to have easy access under the dash.. We unbolted it and he went to lift it and did a double take. I don't think he was expecting a 60 pound seat..

yea, there is a lot of weight to be lost in removing all that stuff. That is for sure. i booted the spare and jack in lieu of a can of fix-a-flat and a tire repair kit. There is also a weight to remove vibrations on the IRS near the pinion noise that i removed when i changed the subframe and diff bushings to polly to get rid of the wheel hop. Thats about my only weight reduction mods.
    I removed that big ass weight from the back of my 01 too, plus installed an FR500 crossbrace with the aluminum diff bushings. It dramatically helped wheel hop, plus I chunked that weight thing b/c the diff was now supported by the crossbrace (I thought 03/04's came with this brace from the factory?).

I also took all that sh*t out of the back (spare, jack, and all that trim that no one EVER sees, really) and contemplated a battery relocation kit. Can of fix a flat, that is funny dude. Just make sure you got AAA!!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    yea i know..im planning on it soon. my friend is putting the corvette setup on his formula so im going to see how that goes and probably do the same thing. i'd love to get baer brakes but $2500 is pretty steep for brakes...hell thats a little more than half of what i could get a 408 for.
    If it wasn't for cracking the drilled/slotted ACDelco performance rotors for the Vette, I would have had about a grand in the brakes, that is installing them myself though. I had to shell out for the replacement Brembo's though, so that added more to it.

Oh yeah, those ACDelco rotors are NOT zinc coated, so they turn to RUST BUCKETS five seconds after install.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Those years of Cobra's are nutz! They fly! And just like the Mustang always had, bolt-ons make big differences on them. Now if you want to beat one, take him to a autox track, and make sure you can DRIVE, and I mean DRIVE! The f-bodies will out corner the mustang all day long, but with the extra getup from the Mustang you are going to have to eat him in the corners.

Heh I should know, I killed a '95 Cobra in my '95 V6 Camaro in a series of tight corners on the hiway a few months back. It was great, and I got a chance to talk to him later.

Red
    1993 Mazda rx7

Cobra will eat you alive!!

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Not to long ago I spanked one in the GN ! Then again I don't settle for somthing I know I can't waist!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information