Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    A turbo would put those cobras in there place and so would a H/C swap.... think how bad they'd look against a Turbo H/C LS1
    prolly about as bad as a factory ls1 does against a turbo cobra, or a whipple cobra, or a KB cobra... come on now, your compairing a car w/ about 8 to 10 grand in potential mods to a stock cobra?? I sure hope it would win... if not i would take a shit on the hood and go to GM and demand my money back!!!

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedSS View Post
    i raced a bolt on 03 cobra with a 2.89 pulley when i was only a heads and cam car from a 30mph roll and cracked him by 2 cars to 110 mph. a bolt on and pulley cobra are not as fast as you say or think. and on top of that my car is an a4. he had an advantage and he still got cracked.
    didn't your parents tell you it's not nice to lie.

sometimes it like

people are so cought up in brand loyalty that they don't want to admit that there may actually be something faster on the other side.

I respect anything that makes power and holds together...

i owned a 2000 LS1 WS6 cross ram air trans am.. and i now own a terminator... i loved my trans am, but when i test drove a terminator, i traded it in same day. ask me which one is faster, and don't be scared of the answer.....

Thats how i know your tellin fibs... i have owned both and i know the truth...

here is a little video for you... it includes dyno sheets... pay special attention to this... especially where it shows him making 375 RWHP to the rear wheels STOCK!! then it shows him making 404 RWHP with just an exhaust! Then a 2.8pully and a chip and he is making 452 RWHP. Not bad... He later changes his CAI and adds an idler pully and he is up a small amount to 459 RWHP. Then he changes his chip to stock and uses a diablo flash tuner, and gets up too 461 RWHP on a 100 + degree day!

This is your AVERAGE pullied cobra you claim to have bested with an automatic F-Body???!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...8156c9b8da.htm

for your enjoyment... after watching this, i don't know how you can say you beat a pullied cobra with a straight face anymore... LOL!!! gimmie a break...

he races an SLP camaro in the video too.. i dont need to tell you what happened... i am sure you already know...

there is always some one faster then you, no matter what you drive,, just don't claim to be faster then something your not, it doesn't make you any more of a man to lie about your accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedSS View Post
    i raced a bolt on 03 cobra with a 2.89 pulley when i was only a heads and cam car from a 30mph roll and cracked him by 2 cars to 110 mph. a bolt on and pulley cobra are not as fast as you say or think. and on top of that my car is an a4. he had an advantage and he still got cracked.
    sure they aren't.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Stock for stock the 03/04 cobra is not that much faster than a 98-02 ls1 fbody. They have more horsepower than an ls1 but they weigh a lot more. Plus the irs doesn't launch that good. I've beaten my friends 03 from a dig stock for stock but on a 40 roll he can put about a car on me. Of course some models of ls1's are slower (ie 2.73 or 3.23 auto) as are some models of cobra's (ie vert more weight) but mine is an m6 car with 3.42's ran (12.9@110). The cobras are fast cars though for shur. However if I were a ford fan I wouldn's get too excited because it's like comparing oranges to apples (supercharged vs. na) I personally think its embarrasing for ford that the blown cobra is barely faster than an N/A ls1.
    your stock LS1 trapped 110...?
    Last edited by cartert75; 08-14-2006 at 03:26 AM.

black
    99 Z28

I beat an 03-04 Cobra at the track when I was fully stock ....by two cars. N/A Cobras are not that fast.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

My ls1 trapped 110 with an mti lid at sea level.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 08-14-2006 at 08:07 AM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    actually they weigh less... not much less, but less none the less...
    No the cobras weigh more than an fbody. You might want to make sure you know what your talking about before you start running your mouth. Thats funny that you have a cobra and don't even know how much it weighs but your talking like you do. Most cobras are 200-300 pounds heavier than a 98 up fbody. The cast iron block and supercharger add about 200 pounds to the car. I've seen cobras with a curb weight of up to 3800 pounds. Even official listings below have the cobra 226 pounds more than fbody.

Vehicle: 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS
    Final Assembly: St. Therese, Quebec, Canada
    Drivetrain: 5.7-liter LS1 pushrod V8, 320hp @ 5200 rpm, 345 ft-lbs. @ 4400; 6-speed manual; RWD.
    EPA rating:19 mpg City / 28 mpg Highway
    Curb Weight: 3439

03 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
    WheelBase 2573 mm / 101.3 in
    Length 4661 mm / 183.5 in
    Height 1336 mm / 52.5 in
    Width 1857 mm / 73.1 in
    Weight 1662 kg / 3665 lbs
    Front / Rear Track
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 08-14-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

prolly about as bad as a factory ls1 does against a turbo cobra, or a whipple cobra, or a KB cobra... come on now, your compairing a car w/ about 8 to 10 grand in potential mods to a stock cobra?? I sure hope it would win... if not i would take a shit on the hood and go to GM and demand my money back!!!

Dude the point is it doesn't mean sh*t that a blown cobra is barely faster than an N/A fbody. Your comparing blown to N/A and act like the cobra is all badass i mean big deal. The point is that if the ls1 where blown it would be a fair comparison, but we all know what would happen in that scenario, even a low boost ls1 series engine will totally blow the cobra away. I will say it again it is embarrasing for ford that the blown cobra is only barely faster than an N/A fbody. Besides the cobra cost way more than an fbody did. These scenarios have already been played out on here many times so just wake up dude.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629 View Post
    I beat an 03-04 Cobra at the track when I was fully stock ....by two cars. N/A Cobras are not that fast.

then it wasn't an 03/04 cobra friend. I agree n/a cobras aren't anything to write home about, but an 03/04 is supercharged and an entirely different animal.

if you beat a cobra by 2 cars, then state n/a cobras arent that fast (which i agree with by the way) then i can only asusme you didn't race an 03/04 and prolly raced an 01 --> which is N/A

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

i dont buy it. A cobra w/ a pully and some supporting mods can make just about 500 RWHP... Aint no cam alone gonna get any F-Body anywhere near that point. You need someheads, intake, motor back exhause and some laughing gas.
    Dude you have no idea what your talking about I already owned you on the weight issue and your wrong on this one also. Your saying that an ls1 fbody needs heads, intake, cam, exaust and nitrous to make 500rwhp. Thats bull my friend. Cam exaust and tune only guys can see over 400rwhp. With cam, heads exaust and tune you can see 500rwhp without nitrous. Keep in mind that is naturally aspirated. The cobra guys that are seeing 500+rwhp numbers are impressive, but they are running fairly high boost to see these levels(like 18-20psi) You can make 500rwhp on only 8 pounds with an ls1. That alone shows the superiority of the ls1 engine, shit if you put 20 pounds of boost on a forged ls1 your looking at around 850 rwhp easy. Theres no replacement for displacement especially with the right technology matched with it. I'll say it again you should try to actually know what your talking about before you run your mouth on the forum, especially when your a ford owner and you don't even know about your own car.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Dude the point is it doesn't mean sh*t that a blown cobra is barely faster than an N/A fbody. Your comparing blown to N/A and act like the cobra is all badass i mean big deal. The point is that if the ls1 where blown it would be a fair comparison, but we all know what would happen in that scenario, even a low boost ls1 series engine will totally blow the cobra away. I will say it again it is embarrasing for ford that the blown cobra is only barely faster than an N/A fbody. Besides the cobra cost way more than an fbody did. These scenarios have already been played out on here many times so just wake up dude.
    what do you consider "barely faster" do you consider almost a full second in the 1/4 mile "barely".

i submit that if you were to blow an ls1 you still are gonna have a race, and not a slaughter as you claim. You can only run low boost because of the motors high compression. (assuming your running pump gas) Not to mention cobra heads flow better due to 2X the number of valves. Cobras are built for the boost, the LS1 isn't. The LS1 is all about compression and displacement. It's an entirely different design and approach to making power.

now if you were to somehow slap some 32 valve heads on it (off a ZR1 maybe with some serious re-design and refab), rebuild the motor to lower the compression and then slapped a blower. Well you would have yourself a faster car! But too sad GM didn't build them that way...

sad truth my friend is the 03/04 cobra is faster, and as for bang for the buck into mods, the cobra will always be faster.. assuming all other factors such as driver and tuning are the same and done properly.

The only way your going to get more, is to spend more... a lot more...

and there are plenty of people who do, and they are the ones to play with cobras...

Thats it. I am not trying to ruffle anyones feathers, i am just pointing out the obvious. The terminator bests the LS1 in power to the ground by almost 100 ponies...

A stock terminator makes about 370 to the rear tires, shown on many a dyno... an LS1 makes less then 300... That aint "barely" im my book.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

No the cobras weigh more than an fbody. You might want to make sure you know what your talking about before you start running your mouth. Thats funny that you have a cobra and don't even know how much it weighs but your talking like you do. Most cobras are 200-300 pounds heavier than a 98 up fbody. The cast iron block and supercharger add about 200 pounds to the car. I've seen cobras with a curb weight of up to 3800 pounds. Even official listings below have the cobra 226 pounds more than fbody.

Vehicle: 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS
    Final Assembly: St. Therese, Quebec, Canada
    Drivetrain: 5.7-liter LS1 pushrod V8, 320hp @ 5200 rpm, 345 ft-lbs. @ 4400; 6-speed manual; RWD.
    EPA rating:19 mpg City / 28 mpg Highway
    Curb Weight: 3439

03 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
    WheelBase 2573 mm / 101.3 in
    Length 4661 mm / 183.5 in
    Height 1336 mm / 52.5 in
    Width 1857 mm / 73.1 in
    Weight 1662 kg / 3665 lbs
    Front / Rear Track

and my 2000 WS6 trans am w/ t-tops, full fluids and a full tank of gas weighed in at just over 3700 pounds... like i said, not much less, but less.

i have seen people weighed in at 3350 or so lbs without the spare, jack, front swaybar and a 1/4 tank of fuel and no t-tops.

i dont know where your getting 3439 curb weight from stock... maybe the stripped down V6..
    Last edited by hurtindude; 08-14-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Dude you have no idea what your talking about I already owned you on the weight issue and your wrong on this one also. Your saying that an ls1 fbody needs heads, intake, cam, exaust and nitrous to make 500rwhp. Thats bull my friend. Cam exaust and tune only guys can see over 400rwhp. With cam, heads exaust and tune you can see 500rwhp without nitrous. Keep in mind that is naturally aspirated. The cobra guys that are seeing 500+rwhp numbers are impressive, but they are running fairly high boost to see these levels(like 18-20psi) You can make 500rwhp on only 8 pounds with an ls1. That alone shows the superiority of the ls1 engine, shit if you put 20 pounds of boost on a forged ls1 your looking at around 850 rwhp easy. Theres no replacement for displacement especially with the right technology matched with it. I'll say it again you should try to actually know what your talking about before you run your mouth on the forum, especially when your a ford owner and you don't even know about your own car.
    you forget i used to own an f-body friend, so i have some experience to call on other cobra owners do not. and i call bull when i see it. like your weight claims... i have seen em on scales at the track friend,, including my own.... and your claims are bogus... owned me... what are you some kind of spoiled child... go home little boy...

black
    99 Z28

then it wasn't an 03/04 cobra friend. I agree n/a cobras aren't anything to write home about, but an 03/04 is supercharged and an entirely different animal.

if you beat a cobra by 2 cars, then state n/a cobras arent that fast (which i agree with by the way) then i can only asusme you didn't race an 03/04 and prolly raced an 01 --> which is N/A
    no im pretty sure it was an 03'. it wasnt aupercharged unless i didnt know about it and the guy got crappy traction for some reason...but i doubt it.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

and my 2000 WS6 trans am w/ t-tops, full fluids and a full tank of gas weighed in at just over 3700 pounds... like i said, not much less, but less.

i have seen people weighed in at 3350 or so lbs without the spare, jack, front swaybar and a 1/4 tank of fuel

i dont know where your getting 3439 curb weight from stock... maybe the stripped down V6..

No bro it says that it's a 99 SS right in my post. Plus there is a difference in the weight of some cars obviously. Fully loaded vs. Not, Hardtop vs. Convertable, Auto vs. Stick etc. Everybody already knows that the fbodys are lighter than the 03 SVO Cobra so im not going to waste my time argueing with you, just face it you already got owned on that issue. Thats cool though I would expect you too defend your car and they are fast nice cars, in fact the fastest mustangs ever produced from the factory except for the newer cobras and Gt500's which are supposed to be even a little quicker. However upon doing so you might want to have your facts straight especially when talking trash on a gm forum with a ford.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629 View Post
    no im pretty sure it was an 03'. it wasnt aupercharged unless i didnt know about it and the guy got crappy traction for some reason...but i doubt it.
    if it wasn't supercharged, then it wasn't an 03

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

you forget i used to own an f-body friend, so i have some experience to call on other cobra owners do not. and i call bull when i see it. like your weight claims... i have seen em on scales at the track friend,, including my own.... and your claims are bogus... owned me... what are you some kind of spoiled child... go home little boy...
    actually I build custom camaros for a living and have been working on cars since I was a kid, your obviously a poser. You don't know sh*t about your current car and you obviously don't know anything about fbodys either.
    Your responses don't even have fact with them and are weak. Peace out.

red
    96 ss

what do you consider "barely faster" do you consider almost a full second in the 1/4 mile "barely".

i submit that if you were to blow an ls1 you still are gonna have a race, and not a slaughter as you claim. You can only run low boost because of the motors high compression. (assuming your running pump gas) Not to mention cobra heads flow better due to 2X the number of valves. Cobras are built for the boost, the LS1 isn't. The LS1 is all about compression and displacement. It's an entirely different design and approach to making power.

now if you were to somehow slap some 32 valve heads on it (off a ZR1 maybe with some serious re-design and refab), rebuild the motor to lower the compression and then slapped a blower. Well you would have yourself a faster car! But too sad GM didn't build them that way...

sad truth my friend is the 03/04 cobra is faster, and as for bang for the buck into mods, the cobra will always be faster.. assuming all other factors such as driver and tuning are the same and done properly.

The only way your going to get more, is to spend more... a lot more...

and there are plenty of people who do, and they are the ones to play with cobras...

Thats it. I am not trying to ruffle anyones feathers, i am just pointing out the obvious. The terminator bests the LS1 in power to the ground by almost 100 ponies...

A stock terminator makes about 370 to the rear tires, shown on many a dyno... an LS1 makes less then 300... That aint "barely" im my book.
    check this out hurtindude. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26014 this almost made me sick after i spend 4 grand on a new top end to get to 450 rwhp na on a 383/396 (still undecided) LT1 and guess what your 03/04 will most likely be out dated like the ls1 and lt1 are. sad thing about being into fast cars as a hobby, almost every few years the stuff that we thought was the shit is shitty in the near future.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

actually I build custom camaros for a living and have been working on cars since I was a kid, your obviously a poser. You don't know sh*t about your current car and you obviously don't know anything about fbodys either.
    Your responses don't even have fact with them and are weak. Peace out.
    weak and no facts... I weighed my own car, and have seen many others weighed. how can you get anymore factual then that.

I am just not going to believe everything i read on some propaganda filled web site. (like some people) I believe what i see. Fact is i have never seen an f-body come in near the weight you claim. Many even with minor weight reduction like booting the spare... I have seen plenty of f-body cars weigh in less, sometimes far less then my cobra, but the owners always did something to get them there. and what makes you think i know nothing about my own car, we never even talked about my ride... your just too quick to want to gun someone down...

I guess attitudes like that just come from inadequacies in other areas though. So said Freud anyway, or did he not know his facts too.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information