Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Black
    2004 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by blk99z28
    i live in the okc area and i have raced many cobras and even a kb cobra and none of them have ever beat me
    Congrats, just remember, there is ALWAYS someone faster than you. I don't care who the manufacturer is. I love fast cars.......
    Jeff

BTW, I meant stock terminator. You didn't post your mods, 'cause you know what would of happened to a stock '99 Z28 against an '03/'04.
    Ugly comes to mind.
    Last edited by CPViolation; 04-08-2006 at 01:32 PM.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z
    well then ur sayin that 75 shot of nos that was on the ls1 previously is not equal to the cobras full exhaust, airbox, and tune??!!! hmmm
    yup.
    a cobra set up with the pulley, airbox, headers, catback and tuning will win.
    ive seen it.
    i should state the cobra driver better be on top of his game and not blow the launch or miss the shift cas he will then lose.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

i live in the okc area and i have raced many cobras and even a kb cobra and none of them have ever beat me
    what are youre mods??

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    its possible to beat a pullied cobra when youre cam only because ive done it.
    but when they have a pulley, full exhaust, airbox and tuning, forget about it, the cobra will pull away easily.

Depends on the size of your cam,your tune and the driver. .

Althought the "terminators" are no turds. With the the right mods they can be completely evil :firedevil having 600 HP with the stock short block.

black
    99z28/m6

also i will say that a bone stock cobra vs a bone stock ss m6 car with good drivers the ss will when i have seen it many of times but it depends on the driver in that situation

by all means a 03 cobra will take down a SS and this is stock for stock...the chances of running into a non modified cobra are slim and none. The easiest mod is a pulley which does a great deal. Put on a few more bolt ons and you are easily at 500 motor hp

Silver
    '03 Cobra

Talking

also i will say that a bone stock cobra vs a bone stock ss m6 car with good drivers the ss will when i have seen it many of times but it depends on the driver in that situation

Of course, with your "dual stage" setup and "mysterious" mods list, we know you never lose to one.

S.
    '03 Cobra...silver metallic...11.0@128 on 17" DR's...
    '95 GT...B50 327", Novi 2k, TKO, etc....
    '87 Regal Limited Turbo-T...steel crank, full-roller, etc...
    '89 Pontiac Turbo Trans-Am...#301/1555...Champion heads/intake, etc...

I'll let you mustang boys handle this cause most of us a in touch with our realistic side and this..well..his just isnt.

Screw it. lol...stock for stock a 03-04 Cobra with an equal driver of a SS or WS6 for that matter is going to get beat. The Cobra puts down upper 300's to the rear wheels stock. The likely hood of a defeat from a stock SS against a boosted Cobra is not going to happen due to lack of Cobra HP. I beat an 04 Cobra in my99 stock but it wasnt because the car. His car was faster but I was the better driver and I still didnt beat him bye much.At the time he was trapping 4 MPH higher then me so he obviously had more HP.

black
    99z28/m6

hey snorman if i were u i wouldnt be running my mouth my car will take that 11.0 on the motor by at least 6 tenths so you might wana get a new setup if you wana talk

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z View Post
    well thats pretty bad of a driver in the ls1, cuz ive seen a full bolt on ls1 with a cam take a 03 04 cobra with pulley
    i dont buy it. A cobra w/ a pully and some supporting mods can make just about 500 RWHP... Aint no cam alone gonna get any F-Body anywhere near that point. You need someheads, intake, motor back exhause and some laughing gas.

white

Quote Originally Posted by turboice View Post
    by all means a 03 cobra will take down a SS and this is stock for stock...the chances of running into a non modified cobra are slim and none. The easiest mod is a pulley which does a great deal. Put on a few more bolt ons and you are easily at 500 motor hp
    well my 2002 ss, with the slp 345 package stock put down 345 to the wheels with a dyno tune and its an auto. also i hva eatten up terminators stock and one with a mild pulley. so there you have it stock slp ss vs stock cobra, ss was faster. and you may say it wasnt stock but thats how it was sold, hell the cobra s are sold with a blower, so slp longtubes, catback, slp mass air and lid i consider stock.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWS6 View Post
    I dont know that much about the 03-04 cobras, but arent they putting around 390hp?? He's came by my house a few times an reved, I never do see him when Im in my car though. I have a feeling he'll beat me, but how bad? Isnt there a weight difference between my car and his? Either way, it'll be fun to find out. I'm basically stock, w/ loudmouth2, and hypertech3 prog.
    just race him, if he wins he wins same as if he loses. you will undertand one day ,that if you own a performance car you either mod it or let it sit in the garage and drive it on sundays. let him rev his POS till the cows come home. all that says to me is "look at me , i like to try and pick on people i hope are slower". 03 cobras are fast cars BUT its sad they need a supercharger to make them fast. would i own 1? sure if someone gave it to me, i sure wouldnt buy 1. if i did my father would come over to my house and shoot me. just enjoy your car and let you local tard tare his up. if you wanna have a fast car go buy a older model. you can get past inspections alot easier and it cheaper to build. then save your trans-am and enjoy the warrenty. f-body,supra,03 up cobra,vette ect..ect... owners all think they have the fastest thing on the planet, untill someone beats them. in my eye you get your car to a level where you are happy, dont worry about john who is dating marry jane rotten crotch and how fast his car is. casue he doenst sign your check and help make the house payment. hope this post makes some since , i drank some tussin about 2 hours ago and cant think to straight (yes i am sick and not a crack head)

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Stock for stock the 03/04 cobra is not that much faster than a 98-02 ls1 fbody. They have more horsepower than an ls1 but they weigh a lot more. Plus the irs doesn't launch that good. I've beaten my friends 03 from a dig stock for stock but on a 40 roll he can put about a car on me. Of course some models of ls1's are slower (ie 2.73 or 3.23 auto) as are some models of cobra's (ie vert more weight) but mine is an m6 car with 3.42's ran (12.9@110). The cobras are fast cars though for shur. However if I were a ford fan I wouldn's get too excited because it's like comparing oranges to apples (supercharged vs. na) I personally think its embarrasing for ford that the blown cobra is barely faster than an N/A ls1.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

A turbo would put those cobras in there place and so would a H/C swap.... think how bad they'd look against a Turbo H/C LS1
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

white

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    A turbo would put those cobras in there place and so would a H/C swap.... think how bad they'd look against a Turbo H/C LS1
    i know they come supercharged. put a blower on an ls1 and race a cobra and kill it. then the cobra says, " but your supercharged" i dont get it. personally im going custom turbo. so even the fastest cobra will be in my dust.

White
    2001 Camaro SS

I raced three 03/04 cobras in my time where two of the races came out even(Probably stock) and the other race I got the ass whoopin of my life. My mods were slp intake, flowmaster cat back, derale oil cooler, hurst short shifter. The one that beat me I know for sure had exhaust.

black
    01 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    god bless SVT.....flame away
    So why is it that a 400hp ls1 will always outrun a 500hp cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    i dont buy it. A cobra w/ a pully and some supporting mods can make just about 500 RWHP... Aint no cam alone gonna get any F-Body anywhere near that point. You need someheads, intake, motor back exhause and some laughing gas.
    i raced a bolt on 03 cobra with a 2.89 pulley when i was only a heads and cam car from a 30mph roll and cracked him by 2 cars to 110 mph. a bolt on and pulley cobra are not as fast as you say or think. and on top of that my car is an a4. he had an advantage and he still got cracked.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by cjg454ss View Post
    well my 2002 ss, with the slp 345 package stock put down 345 to the wheels with a dyno tune and its an auto. also i hva eatten up terminators stock and one with a mild pulley. so there you have it stock slp ss vs stock cobra, ss was faster. and you may say it wasnt stock but thats how it was sold, hell the cobra s are sold with a blower, so slp longtubes, catback, slp mass air and lid i consider stock.
    so let me get this straight, you have your SLP mods, and you are making good power no doubt, but still putting less to the ground then a stock terminator, and you claim to beat one WITH A PULLY...

news flash son..beep beep beep beep ba beep beep beep... STOCK TERMINATORS MAKE MORE THEN 345 TO THE REAR WHEELS!!!! STOCK son Stock.

Not to mention all terminators are sticks, so have less drivetrain loss then your auto, plus they have less fat in the weight department.

Your daddy would tell ya you need more then what you got to play with a stock terminator, never mind one with a pully, maybe you should listen to him

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Stock for stock the 03/04 cobra is not that much faster than a 98-02 ls1 fbody. They have more horsepower than an ls1 but they weigh a lot more. Plus the irs doesn't launch that good. I've beaten my friends 03 from a dig stock for stock but on a 40 roll he can put about a car on me. Of course some models of ls1's are slower (ie 2.73 or 3.23 auto) as are some models of cobra's (ie vert more weight) but mine is an m6 car with 3.42's ran (12.9@110). The cobras are fast cars though for shur. However if I were a ford fan I wouldn's get too excited because it's like comparing oranges to apples (supercharged vs. na) I personally think its embarrasing for ford that the blown cobra is barely faster than an N/A ls1.
    actually they weigh less... not much less, but less none the less...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information