2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Rumored Cadillac 5-year plan...

This following quote was posted on an insider forum. It's not verified in any way but sounds very believable. If it's true, i'm very excited.

As a GM Insider I can share this with you all. Cadillac has a bevy of new products that will hit the market in the next couple of years: The products that you know of: 2013 ATS – A small 3 series fighter that will come in 3 variants that are confirmed. A sedan, coupe and canvas top convertible. A sport wagon may occur. The design however is done. An ATS-V model will also be available in sedan and coupe form only.

2014 CTS – Grows in sizes and becomes a direct BMW 5-series, Lexus GS, Mercedes E-Class, Hyundai Genesis competitor. The CTS will come in two forms The sedan and the coupe (however the coupe may not continue using the CTS moniker, and may evoke the spirit of the badge ETC (previously an Eldorado trim line). The V-Series companion will also be sold.

2014 FTS – Actually previewed in the XTS Platinum Concept. The XTS Platinum Concept will materialize as FTS model. The decision was made to change the moniker after the XTS Platinum Concept was previewed the Design to as a full-size model. That will compete with the Chrysler 300, Infiniti M, Hyundai Equus, and the upcoming Acura RL. This model will not get a V-Series companion. The FTS name was trademarked two years ago.

2016 XLS Flagship Model, A Four Door Ultra-Luxo sedan three design proposals exist, a traditional sedan, a four door coupe, and a four door shooting brake concept. However the model will NOT use a V-16 engine. But a turbo-charged V-8 is more likely. As of today all designs sit only four people. The price point is speculated to began around $80K. (This is the car that so many refer to as the Sixteen. This model will actually use the XLS moniker but is NOT THE the model previewed in the XTS Platinum Concept which will become the FTS) A V-series model is expected to compete with the Audi S8, and Merc’s S-Class and CLS AMG models.

2014 SRX will get a makeover.

2014 Escalade – The Escalade gets redesigned. The EXT version is dropped. The ESV model will continue. Previously scheduled for 2013 but was just pushed to 2014 last Monday.

Now here is what you DON’T know! - (Unnamed Cadillac) Subcompact / GM is surveying how the market will react to the MB A-Class and B Class variants, BMW’s i3, BMW sub-1 series model and Audi’s A1, a designed has been locked in for a subcompact model previewed in the 2010 Cadillac ULC.

(Unnamed Cadillac) Lambda-based Crossover, this will fit between the SRX and the Escalade. It will feature three rows of seating but will be car-based unlike the truck-based Escalade. A concept of this model will hit the auto show circuit next year. Cadillac Perimeter Concept. (Internally known as GM940)

2016 XLR. The XLR returns A new Halo Coupe has been sketched and is in the clay model phase. The model will compete with Audi’s R8, BMW’s i8, and Mercedes CL and SLS AMG models. The clay model sits next to the rough model of the C7 Corvette. The C7 will underpin the new XLR, but it will only come as a coupe model and not a convertible (as of yet). The model blends sport and luxury far beyond what the previous model could ever dream of.

So Cadillac will have 10 different models by 2018 bringing it to a full and credible line to become “The New Standard of the World”.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    This following quote was posted on an insider forum. It's not verified in any way but sounds very believable. If it's true, i'm very excited.
    so what does gm plan to build that will actually sell to average people? Looks like a whole fleet of $40-$50k cars they have planned there. I don't pass many BMW's day to day but I see a butt load of Camry's and Accords.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    so what does gm plan to build that will actually sell to average people? Looks like a whole fleet of $40-$50k cars they have planned there. I don't pass many BMW's day to day but I see a butt load of Camry's and Accords.
    Thats what the Chevrolet and Buick divisions are for.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    The ATS will be Cadillac's entry-level premium car, just as the 3-series and C-class are for BMW and MB.

The whole fleet is really across the entire spectrum. They will have offerings starting in the low 30's and topping out well over $100k. This is inline with their competition (in fact Cadillac will likely be one of the cheaper options in the premium segment).

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

That sounds awesome. I would be real curious to see what engine they use for the ats-v

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    That sounds awesome. I would be real curious to see what engine they use for the ats-v
    They are saying (the insiders again) it will be a twin-turbo version of the LFX outputting in the neighborhood of 450hp. The CTS-V will retain the supercharged LSA with some more juice.

Thread Information