Ray Charles blue

Tasty Infiniti G35 :)

As I am cruising the highway on the way to college and I see this black car coming up pretty fast behind me. I was in no hurry so I was just going along at 68 in a 65. The car pulls up next to me and it’s a young kid with the flat billed hat that is tuned sideways. He looks and me and smiles and does a little jump with the throttle and points. I gave a head motion to say “Lets do it.” And he shows 5 fingers twice and mouths “Lets go from 55.” Must be he thought he was in his power range so I gave another head nod and we slowed down. He honked off and at the 3rd one he actually jumped a little on me because my car had to downshift. As soon as I downshifted in the 2nd I stopped his pull and passed him and when I hit drive I just started to leave him in the dust. I shut it down at 100mph as he was a pretty good distance behind. He decides that he wants to keep going so he does a ricer style fly by and continues to go a minimum of 80mph for the next ten miles. He was out of my view within a few miles so must be he was a little upset.

I have raced a few of them with my LS1 6-speed GTO and the outcome was the same only this time it was an even worse beating.

My mods are simple. SLP intake, smooth bellow, ported TB, 10mm wires, 3.73 gears, tuned by FROST pcm.

They are a sharp car, I just wish they had more ass to them.

Forgot to say that I go to college in Mexico.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Nice kill.

I lol'd at college in Mexico.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    Nice kill.

I lol'd at college in Mexico.
    Im taking advanced courses in Drug Lord Management with a minor in Aiding and Abetting.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Im taking advanced courses in Drug Lord Management with a minor in Aiding and Abetting.
    Don't forget kidnapping. That's on the rise now. Oh, and border crossing.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    Don't forget kidnapping. That's on the rise now. Oh, and border crossing.
    Im sticking with something that will do me once I get in the states. I figure anyone can get in to the country but not everyone can be a drug lord and the aiding and abetting would be an extra feather in my cap.

Like I said, those G35s are a sexy car and I wish they would have done a version with a turbo or super charger. Would have been a kick ass ride!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Agreed. I'm a fan of the G35 myself. My friend owned one. He thought it was fast after he first bought it so I took him for a ride in mine

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Agreed. I'm a fan of the G35 myself. My friend owned one. He thought it was fast after he first bought it so I took him for a ride in mine
    I am a fan of those and the 350Z but wish they would have given them a little more pep!

A kid where I used to work had a 350Z 6-speed and the thought it was fast till I smoked him bad. He was a good sport about it though.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Are the G35's a little faster than the 350 Z's? They're the same powertrain? I haven't raced one of either. Seem to be short of those in mexico. I imagine I would spank it pretty bad. Sidenote, I ran a 10 ss last weekend, and he couldn't pull away from me. I think it was an auto, cause I don't have fourth, and ran him in 5th. I got to touch third once, and it wasn't pretty till i hit 5th. (UGGH)

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I personally would never race in an OD gear lol...that's just me though

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Are the G35's a little faster than the 350 Z's? They're the same powertrain? I haven't raced one of either. Seem to be short of those in mexico. I imagine I would spank it pretty bad. Sidenote, I ran a 10 ss last weekend, and he couldn't pull away from me. I think it was an auto, cause I don't have fourth, and ran him in 5th. I got to touch third once, and it wasn't pretty till i hit 5th. (UGGH)
    G35 is actually heavier. They have a back seat and are more luxury. They are around 3500 lbs from what I have seen so similar in weight.

I would like to run a new SS just to see how I do. My friends mom has a 6-speed one and he is a not a great driver and clicked off a 13.2 @ 108 after driving it over 100 miles to get there in mid summer heat so they are no joke. I am so tired of everyone saying how slow they are. Granted they are not world beaters but they are far from slow. Lots of bad drivers out there....lol

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Every 2SS around here is running high 13's in stock form.

I test drove one and I wasn't impressed. Just sayin It was a manual too.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Every 2SS around here is running high 13's in stock form.

I test drove one and I wasn't impressed. Just sayin It was a manual too.
    This kid brought in the time slips to prove it. Track prep at this joint is not the best either from the times I have been there. 2SS running high 13s? Is there a difference between the 1SS, 2SS or 3SS at the track? lol j/k

They need to go on a diet in my opinion. Make them 3500-3600 lbs and they will flat out fly.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Yeah, i was kinda chuckling when the dude couldnt pull away from me, and i'm in overdrive. He probably went back to his buddies bragging how he kept up with a ten year old car. He had to know what it was, he was behind me and my plates tell it all. In overdrive............I love it!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

This kid brought in the time slips to prove it. Track prep at this joint is not the best either from the times I have been there. 2SS running high 13s? Is there a difference between the 1SS, 2SS or 3SS at the track? lol j/k

They need to go on a diet in my opinion. Make them 3500-3600 lbs and they will flat out fly.

The cars were having trouble out of the whole...2.3ish 60' times on stock rubber. The best time I seen from one was a 13.5 and it was a lesbian driving it. Not joking either.

I'm not doubting they can with a good driver and a decent track. All I'm saying is I know what power my car makes and I will eat one up.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

G35 is actually heavier. They have a back seat and are more luxury. They are around 3500 lbs from what I have seen so similar in weight.
    Similar weight, with less hp? Easy win. Why are they so heavy? They are small(er) cars.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I think we need to start a different thread for the camaro debate. (mods, are you paying attention? good time to remove my red ink.)

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

No need, there are several out there already

Ray Charles blue

No doubt......lol

They have the same engine, I think its just the "rating" they throw out. Much like our cars and the Corvette of the same year.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Nice kill man. I saw one with dual fart cans while my girl was driving in her cavalier. He took off all fast and gave a look 'cause I was lookin'. Little did he know I wasn't looking in admiration. One of those, ugh..I wish I was driving moments lol.

Also, test drove a 350z as well. Nothing I'd be afraid of.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Thread Information