Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: racing bike

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

we have old strip of road ,that is no longer used dead ended that we use little ways out of town. ran him and no doubt smoked him he said guess those ls1 cars are faster than he thought, the bike lost by a long shot as soon as i hit 80 couldnt see him no more

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 92z28camarokid View Post
    Yah my bike is not stock. I had the engine completely rebuilt, cylinders honed, valves cut and reseated, jet kit, drag pipe, K&N air filter, a bigger sprocket, and then it was tuned. My bikes tops out at 140mph. It's extrmly quick but def lacks the top speed of the newer bikes, but Im fine with that.
    Getting that fast quicker is more fun than saying "My bike goes 175"....lol

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Racing bikes with a car for money is a bad idea. I waste imports all the time on my 800lb harley. It's no match for my camaro but my GF's kawi 650 will smoke it. I ran a modded evo on her bike from a dead stop and pulled him pretty good. I'm guessing her bike is good for a low 12 if launched properly. The launch is key with a bike the more power they have the harder it is to launch them and keep the front wheel down or tire from spinning. If you do race a bike make sure you go from a dead stop so you can get the advantage off the line. I raced a lot of fast cars when I had my RC51 and not a one of them ever came close.
    RC51 is one of my favorite v-twins of all time. SP1 or SP2?

Quote Originally Posted by pewter Z28 View Post
    we have old strip of road ,that is no longer used dead ended that we use little ways out of town. ran him and no doubt smoked him he said guess those ls1 cars are faster than he thought, the bike lost by a long shot as soon as i hit 80 couldnt see him no more
    Nice, easy win.

I've run up against a few bikes several years ago (mid 90's?), driving a bottom 11 second car on the street.
    I always seemed to catch them at a redlight. Most were smaller bikes of 600-700cc or thereabouts and I could take them without too much trouble.
    However the bigger bikes would wax my tail

Going back several years before that, my buddy had a Kawasaki 900,,,in the 80's they were a pretty damn quick bike, and most were modded heavily back then, bigger cubes, stretched front ends etc... I had a 12 second car back then and always got my tail waxed then too

I still have that same bottom 11 second car, but the problem is now, todays bikes have gotten so much faster, I doubt I would even hang with a new 600 anymore.

I wouldn't even bother trying to run any of todays bikes in a stockish LS1 camaro. Give it a shot if you like OP, but I wouldn't expect a favorable outcome.

black
    04 evo8

Bikes are ridiculously fast. They rev to like 16-17K. I ve raced them when I was running low 12's and it was a joke! Ive yet to meet up with any on the street yet but when I do its on...as far as for money I would never. Last year I was goin to race a dude from jersey for money. He had a all motor 1988 z28. I backed down, money runs are shady

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I still have that same bottom 11 second car, but the problem is now, todays bikes have gotten so much faster, I doubt I would even hang with a new 600 anymore.

I wouldn't even bother trying to run any of todays bikes in a stockish LS1 camaro. Give it a shot if you like OP, but I wouldn't expect a favorable outcome.
    A pro driver got both a 09 r6 and 09 600rr to hit 9s stock launching at 12,000rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A pro driver got both a 09 r6 and 09 600rr to hit 9s stock launching at 12,000rpms.
    Ha ha, ya I figured as much. I haven't raced a bike in many years.

Ray Charles blue

Hrm, I havent seen that write up. Can you post a link?

I am betting not the stock tire or air pressure and its set up for drag with straps and longer swing arm. If he would stick without straps he would flip over backwards and if he didnt hook he would just spin. My friends 191 rwhp full race GSXR 1k is something I would like to get on just ONE time. Leave a streak of turd down the highway......hahaha

Bikes are no joke.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Hrm, I havent seen that write up. Can you post a link?

I am betting not the stock tire or air pressure and its set up for drag with straps and longer swing arm. If he would stick without straps he would flip over backwards and if he didnt hook he would just spin. My friends 191 rwhp full race GSXR 1k is something I would like to get on just ONE time. Leave a streak of turd down the highway......hahaha

Bikes are no joke.
    I havent looked for it in years but here is a post about it. Stock swing arms, they ran very low 10s with the bikes bone stock and then lowered them both and ran 9s with the r6. Cant find where he went 9s with the 600rr. But the tires, swingarm, gearing was -1, engine are all stock, suspension is stock but lowered. So they weren't fully stock when they went 9s but very little in mods.

But of course this is a pro driver launching at 12krpms which none of us could do properly and wouldnt want to do to our clutch/tranny.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/archi...p/t-50810.html
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-03-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Running into something like that on the street is not likely though.

Still the bikes are fast now anyway. Even if you can 60 foot an inexperienced rider, he should be coming around you in a hurry in a very short amount of time

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Running into something like that on the street is not likely though.

Still the bikes are fast now anyway. Even if you can 60 foot an inexperienced rider, he should be coming around you in a hurry in a very short amount of time
    ...and you dont need to shift a 1k bike till after 90mph.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    ...and you dont need to shift a 1k bike till after 90mph.
    Most 1ks these days go to 100mph the gsxr 1k will go to 109mph in 1st.

I havent looked for it in years but here is a post about it. Stock swing arms, they ran very low 10s with the bikes bone stock and then lowered them both and ran 9s with the r6. Cant find where he went 9s with the 600rr. But the tires, swingarm, gearing was -1, engine are all stock, suspension is stock but lowered. So they weren't fully stock when they went 9s but very little in mods.

But of course this is a pro driver launching at 12krpms which none of us could do properly and wouldnt want to do to our clutch/tranny.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/archi...p/t-50810.html
    The front sprocket change makes a huge difference. If you swap out the sprocket it's not stock not even close. I got more performance out of a sprocket change than any other mod I did to my RC51.

TLS Addict - I had an 05 Black SP2. I still miss that bike the sound of it with pipes was intoxicating.

Arctic White, red/gray

The front sprocket change makes a huge difference. If you swap out the sprocket it's not stock not even close. I got more performance out of a sprocket change than any other mod I did to my RC51.

TLS Addict - I had an 05 Black SP2. I still miss that bike the sound of it with pipes was intoxicating.
    Doesnt matter, 9s on a 600 with just a sprocket change and the suspension lowered is still insane. I bet you didnt run 9s on your rc51 and it was a 1000.

Ray Charles blue

Yeah, -1 front +2 rear makes them a freaking beast to even keep the front end down. lol

My buddy had an SP1 and and RSV1000 and then got rid of them both for a S4R. He is a club race in France.

A silver RC51 will be in my garage one day.

Doesnt matter, 9s on a 600 with just a sprocket change and the suspension lowered is still insane. I bet you didnt run 9s on your rc51 and it was a 1000.
    I never said it wasn't fast or insane as you put it just that sprockets make a big difference. I wouldn't run 9s on a 600 with a sprocket what's your point? I never claimed to be Rickey Gadsen. I'm quite sure he'd run mid 9s with my RC51 I smoked 600s all the time.

Arctic White, red/gray

I never said it wasn't fast or insane as you put it just that sprockets make a big difference. I wouldn't run 9s on a 600 with a sprocket what's your point? I never claimed to be Rickey Gadsen. I'm quite sure he'd run mid 9s with my RC51 I smoked 600s all the time.
    My only point is 9s with a 600 is insane. That is all. I liked the rc51, i rode a couple.

Ray Charles blue

My only point is 9s with a 600 is insane. That is all. I liked the rc51, i rode a couple.
    I never saw ANY 600 cc bikes crack 10.50 or better with pro riders in stock form. You are giving up a lot of hp/tq to a 1 litre bike that only runs 9.7-9.9.

Thread Information