Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

So do I...from what I've gathered, with my mods, I should be able to beat one, but I haven't had the chance to find out for myself.

There's a real nice looking one around my neighborhood in the same dark blue color as mine with a subtle body kit and 5.0 on the sides. Sounds throaty, too, but every single time I see him, I'm either on my Ninja or in the girl's Nitro.

Waiting to run into him with my car hopefully soon.....

FASTER THNA SPEEDINtICKEt BANDITO's Avatar

White
    2002 trans-am

I beaten an 79, 98-06and a pinto with a Stock.Ws6.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowbusa View Post
    Anytime a mustang is destroyed it puts a smile on my face
    This lol. Maybe he beat a cammed... 3800? Or 3400 >.>
    Regardless, nice kill. I'm all about cars and will be-friend anyone who shares a similar interest. But the good thing about being a gearhead is knowing a thing or two and running around talking about chips and.. was it quad? cammed cars... eh. That's stuff 6th graders make up when they first get into the car thing. He needs to grow up lol.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    This lol. Maybe he beat a cammed... 3800? Or 3400 >.>
    Regardless, nice kill. I'm all about cars and will be-friend anyone who shares a similar interest. But the good thing about being a gearhead is knowing a thing or two and running around talking about chips and.. was it quad? cammed cars... eh. That's stuff 6th graders make up when they first get into the car thing. He needs to grow up lol.
    lol I'm with you. I like cars, and I have plenty of friends who own mustangs because hey too like cars. I don't put anybody down because of what they drive as long as they have an interest in cars.... well unless its like a 92 civic hatch with really annoying exhaust.

I hate people who think their car is the Sh!t even when they don't really know what they have.

my only other question is... how does swapping 04 Cobra heads (which is DOHC) work with an 02 GT SOHC 4.6L engine? I'm confused...

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    lol I'm with you. I like cars, and I have plenty of friends who own mustangs because hey too like cars. I don't put anybody down because of what they drive as long as they have an interest in cars.... well unless its like a 92 civic hatch with really annoying exhaust.

I hate people who think their car is the Sh!t even when they don't really know what they have.

my only other question is... how does swapping 04 Cobra heads (which is DOHC) work with an 02 GT SOHC 4.6L engine? I'm confused...

Silver
    03 Cobra

well, the block is the same, so your swapping from a SOHC 16 valve set of heads to a DOHC 32 valve head setup..

figure about 300-315 hp at the wheels with that setup and a 5 speed..

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by dundonrl View Post
    well, the block is the same, so your swapping from a SOHC 16 valve set of heads to a DOHC 32 valve head setup..

huh... and here I thought the 03-04 cobras ran less compression to increase engine life with the supercharger. That would equate to less horsepower on the GT... if the 4V heads have anything to do with lowering the compression and I always thought 03-04 cobras had a cast iron block like the trucks and the GT's had an aluminum block to save weight. :/ what do I know though... I'm not a ford guy.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

huh... and here I thought the 03-04 cobras ran less compression to increase engine life with the supercharger. That would equate to less horsepower on the GT... if the 4V heads have anything to do with lowering the compression and I always thought 03-04 cobras had a cast iron block like the trucks and the GT's had an aluminum block to save weight. :/ what do I know though... I'm not a ford guy.
    The '03/'04 Cobras have iron blocks.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by dundonrl View Post

If the Mach 1 uses the heads from the Cobra and an intake/exhaust cam set up that uses the Cobra and the 5.4 litre mix and match how does a 305 crank hp car get 300-315 at the rear tires?

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Thats what I thought.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    lol So at least I know something right...

That rarely happens due to the excessive cost involved. Normally the person would buy the entire 4v engine or port the 2v heads/ add a power adder on the car.

The cost out and difficulty typically out weighs the power potential. The 2v blocks and 4v blocks do have difference as well.

YJ
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Also WTF is an 04 GT500?

Silver
    03 Cobra

Just going off what rags have got out of 03 Cobra engines after removing the supercharger and replacing with a regular intake manifold.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Blue
    2002-WS6

Nice kill on the stang man, reading this thread i was thinking.......its sad when f body guys know more about mustangs (or cars in general) than the owners...lol, maybe they should join just for the information!!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SajoR View Post
    So I heard from a friend that there was some guy who had started working with him boasting about his Mustang GT, saying that he was pushing about 500 horsepower and was soon to buy a chip for 2 grand to push up to 750hp.....I already knew this guy was full of shit just by that last part.

So anyways, last Wednesday, I decide to go eat at the restaurant where they work at and just my luck, the guy is there and he was about to get off work.

So we get to talking and I ask him what all he's done to his car. He tells me he has the heads off an 04 Cobra and the injectors off a 04 Shelby GT500 and he has gutted the cats and cut off the pipe right before the mufflers. So naturally, it was really loud. But here's the kicker, this guy goes and tells me that he's raced a cammed LS1 and barely beat him. So I ask him to race cause I want to see where I stand...if I'll be able to keep up hahaha.

So here's the race.... Click the HD button!!!

This was the second race, as he claimed that the first time he messed up on shifting. Regardless, I still smashed him and was done from a roll of about 15mph with a full tank of gas and passenger.
    The new body style wasnt even offered untill 05. First year for the GT 500 was 07 (I think)
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

I would not have even bothered to waste my time racing him.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    The new body style wasnt even offered untill 05. First year for the GT 500 was 07 (I think)
    2006 was the first GT500 of the new era. I only know this because a guy at the track tried feeding me that he had a 2005 v6 mustang and asked me if I wanted to race.

He had replaced the front facia, hood, added side skirts, replaced the rear spoiler, changed the mock gas cap in between the taillights to have a snake in it, put aftermarket rims on it to hold 275's on the back and 245's on the front, and last but not least installed a rear diffuser on the rear bumper.

When he started it up... It sounded like a GT500 w/Borla exhaust. Digging deeper, the only thing V6 left about the car was the VIN. Turns out he blew up the original V6 running NOS and his oil company owning father funded his build up of a GT500 clone. Even bought a 5.4L GT500 crate engine. That's when he educated me about the fact that a 2005 GT500 didn't exist.

Thread Information