Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Was offered this for my V

Was offered an 03 Cobra for my CTS-V. I'm really torn on what to do. what do you guys think? http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/14638058-post1.html

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Even trade or will u have to give cash? I noticed he still owes on that car so doesn't have the title till u get it paid off.

Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

Keep the v

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    Was offered an 03 Cobra for my CTS-V. I'm really torn on what to do. what do you guys think? http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/14638058-post1.html
    What condition is your V in (mileage, number of owners, general shape)?

Having experience with both cars, and assuming equal condition (both cars), i'm going to say it comes down to this...what is more important to you - 1/4 times, or everyday liveability? <- this isn't a round-a-bout way of making a point, it's really a genuine question

You are comparing two very different cars. The CTS-V is a complete package kind of car that combines power and potential with everyday driveability. The Terminator is an all out muscle car. I could NEVER daily drive a car like that. If I were to still have one, it would be stripped interior, full cage, racing seats, slicks, no mufflers...a race car that I would drive on the street. If that's the direction you are leaning, then go for it, assuming you are getting a fair deal here. But if you enjoy the V for it's Cadillac-like attributes, then run from the Terminator like the plague because you will hate it. Loud, obnoxious, full of squeaks and rattles, one of the most uncomfortable driving positions there is...etc.

So to reiterate my point...can you sacrifice 75% of your current level of comfort for limitless power? I have learned that I, personally, cannot. Thus i'm going to be a V driver from here on out.

Stealth Grey
    2005 CTS-V

R U Outta ya mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the V !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Even trade or will u have to give cash? I noticed he still owes on that car so doesn't have the title till u get it paid off.
    im assuming he wants an even trade but i'd like to get a little cash out of the deal. im certainly not paying off his loan. my car is paid for and i have the title in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cancam99ss View Post
    Keep the v
    im starting to think this way as well

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post

Having experience with both cars, and assuming equal condition (both cars), i'm going to say it comes down to this...what is more important to you - 1/4 times, or everyday liveability? <- this isn't a round-a-bout way of making a point, it's really a genuine question

You are comparing two very different cars. The CTS-V is a complete package kind of car that combines power and potential with everyday driveability. The Terminator is an all out muscle car. I could NEVER daily drive a car like that. If I were to still have one, it would be stripped interior, full cage, racing seats, slicks, no mufflers...a race car that I would drive on the street. If that's the direction you are leaning, then go for it, assuming you are getting a fair deal here. But if you enjoy the V for it's Cadillac-like attributes, then run from the Terminator like the plague because you will hate it. Loud, obnoxious, full of squeaks and rattles, one of the most uncomfortable driving positions there is...etc.

So to reiterate my point...can you sacrifice 75% of your current level of comfort for limitless power? I have learned that I, personally, cannot. Thus i'm going to be a V driver from here on out.
    My V is very nice. interior is impeccable and exterior is very clean. the car has 47,000 miles on it and I believe I am the 4th owner but the 2nd owner only had the car for a month and sold it because his wife did not like the car. he then sold it to his friend who is the person i bought it from.

i have thought about all of these things and the more i think about it the more i realize its not worth it. I already have a toy in my SS. If i were to trade for the cobra I would buy a 3rd car to DD. Why have 2 toys at this point in my life? I love my V and the comforts of it. The power is great for a 4 door and there is nothing out there quite like it.

thank you for the reminders and for reiterating some of the point I have been tossing around in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by KQQL V View Post
    R U Outta ya mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the V !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yea i know. thanks for bringing me back to reality.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I think you should drive that V back up here to Wisconsin and drop it off in my driveway.

keep the V

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

that cars too modded to trade for a clean car like yours anyway imo

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I think you should drive that V back up here to Wisconsin and drop it off in my driveway.

keep the V
    haha if only i knew your address. making the trip to madison twice in a week was enough for me. i hope to not have to visit for a couple more years

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    that cars too modded to trade for a clean car like yours anyway imo
    yea keeping the V is probably a much better decision. now that the weather is getting warmer I am falling in love with it all over again.

Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

If I had a mustang I would want to get rid of it Too

mrm
    2000 t/a

keep the v !!!

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post

I mix DDing mine! Very comfy and enjoyable, I love driving it, but ya certainly no CTS in terms of comfort. I have never driven a CTS-V so I can't compare, but just saying, DDing the Cobra is ok by me...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    I mix DDing mine! Very comfy and enjoyable, I love driving it, but ya certainly no CTS in terms of comfort. I have never driven a CTS-V so I can't compare, but just saying, DDing the Cobra is ok by me...
    I just dont think i can give up the comfort of the V along with the power that it can put down when I give it some throttle. Its got the NAV, Bose Stereo, 6 disc changer, heated seats, i can go on and on. I would miss each and everyone of those things especially with the highway driving I do.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    How old are you?

I only ask because I had no issue with the Cobra, WS6 or Z06 in terms of comfort until around age 28. I'm getting old, at least that's how I feel. When I was 22, I absolutely LOVED the rough-around-the-edges feel of those cars. I loved the insane exhaust note, road noise, and rough ride. Now I can't take it for more than an hour or so at a time.

If I had a bigger garage, I would have kept one of those cars and stripped and caged it for a racer-on-the-street kind of car. But since i'd only probably drive it once a week, I can't justify that with the limited space I have now.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I am 38. And I do know what you mean, as the WS6 is noticeably less comfortable to me than it was 10 years ago. But I haven't gotten to the point where my old man body can't take it, though it definitely complains more than it used to!

The Cobra is more comfortable to me than the WS6, so it's actually easier for me to commute in, in that respect...

Thread Information