Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya that's what I mean smittro, and it's why I question the whole list. Alot of those cars are sketchy at best.
    I'll bank on the V6 guy calling a procharger or nitrous kit a bolt on and it just slipped his mind about mentioning it
    That's why I don't put stock in it. Good ole internet.
    Take one look @ the poor flowing layout of a set of factory 3800 heads..

11's stock are NOT happening..

I don't care if tha cam in there gives a foot of lift..

I have yet to see one N/A 3800 running sub high-mid 13's...

That's all the N/A bolt ons you can throw @ it too and the car is hollow..lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 04-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Ya that's what I mean smittro, and it's why I question the whole list. Alot of those cars are sketchy at best.
    I'll bank on the V6 guy calling a procharger or nitrous kit a bolt on and it just slipped his mind about mentioning it
    That's why I don't put stock in it. Good ole internet.
    The V6 Bird could have joined Tech with a V6 aka V6 Bird. Down the road he buys a LS1 and does not have his name changed. I know it happens on here often. I also know several of the cars and owners on these times and some are legit. I remember when John Campbell aka Raughammer got his 98. Hard top, no power anything cloth seats. He was light to begin with. He also had a website back then to follow him getting into the 10's. Heck the first website got so much traffic he started a second better website. Heck MTI created a cam called the hammer cam.. but that was 12/13 years ago. The website is long gone. 10.663 w/a 1.381 60' at 124 mph N/A-346 c.i., 98 Z28, Cayenne (Pepper) Red A4. The 10.66 is not his posted bolt on only time. Just saying some of them times are real and witnessed. You will also notice most of the times are from 00/04 any where from 7 to 11 years ago.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 04-09-2011 at 05:39 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    The V6 Bird could have joined Tech with a V6 aka V6 Bird. Down the road he buys a LS1 and does not have his name changed. I know it happens on here often. I also know several of the cars and owners on these times and some are legit. I remember when John Campbell aka Raughammer got his 98. Hard top, no power anything cloth seats. He was light to begin with. He also had a website back then to follow him getting into the 10's. Heck the first website got so much traffic he started a second better website. Heck MTI created a cam called the hammer cam.. but that was 12/13 years ago. The website is long gone. 10.663 w/a 1.381 60' at 124 mph N/A-346 c.i., 98 Z28, Cayenne (Pepper) Red A4. The 10.66 is not his posted bolt on only time. Just saying some of them times are real and witnessed. You will also notice most of the times are from 00/04 any where from 7 to 11 years ago.

I do agree, i have a friend now swapping his V6 out to a LS1. Funny thing is he is the last person i would've guessed that would do something like this.

I'm sure some of those cars run those times no doubt,,,and could be naturally aspirated for sure. I mainly question the "BOLT ON" nature of which the list was posted for. Since that was the original discussion as to what's needed to run with these new 5.0's.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

Take your win as a teaser. You wont have to look long. Stang guys like to run too. If you don't find one...one will find you. You did it right though, don't be dumb about it, you had a passenger and no where to runem out. Not worth wrekin your ride or your hide.

Is firebirdjones actually using logic on ls1.com?? HOLY shit!!! :P

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    I think it has been the same since I started driving and racing. What is stock, what is streetable,who tells the complete truth on what mods they have, he must have nitrous, etc etc etc.... The one thing I don't do is bench race,magazine race or internet race. The truth comes out on the track or in a race. You win some you lose some..

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

Its hard to stop modding your ride once you start. Like any other addiction I guess. We have all built a vehicle past what we know to be reasonable. Then we go to far and try to return it to a more drivable car. I did it with a bike years ago. After a while no one wants to run you except ex pro-stockers. I am currently de-tuning our Y2K from a nitrous track car to twin turbo with street manners. All I am saying is a "bolt ons" street car is a very loose interpretation of what you can tolerate as an around town cruiser.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by parnelligq View Post
    Its hard to stop modding your ride once you start. Like any other addiction I guess. We have all built a vehicle past what we know to be reasonable. Then we go to far and try to return it to a more drivable car. I did it with a bike years ago. After a while no one wants to run you except ex pro-stockers. I am currently de-tuning our Y2K from a nitrous track car to twin turbo with street manners. All I am saying is a "bolt ons" street car is a very loose interpretation of what you can tolerate as an around town cruiser.
    Off topic but nice to see another WI member
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    You need to elaborate, because I'm completely lost with your meaning??

Pewter
    99 z28

I never got to race one of these yet. I see them every now and then along major highways up my way. Pretty nice, I'm guessin there fast never seen anyone really get on one of them but i read the specs and know what the new 2010-2011 5.0 can do.
    Its funny because the only person i know who has one is my moms friend i'm tempted to ask her to race me. I'm just so curious to see how my car holds up to one of them in a straight line. I'm pretty confident my car will come out ontop against a stock 2011 GT.

PS: I'd never ask her though. Its just ass da nine drivin fast with a girl in the car unless your like back in an industrial park or somthing just havin fun. Then to go ahead and challenge her to a race lol i'd feel like a lowlife doin it.
    Last edited by DVrec21; 04-11-2011 at 09:13 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    I never got to race one of these yet. I see them every now and then along major highways up my way. Pretty nice, I'm guessin there fast never seen anyone really get on one of them but i read the specs and know what the new 2010-2011 5.0 can do.
    Its funny because the only person i know who has one is my moms friend i'm tempted to ask her to race me. I'm just so curious to see how my car holds up to one of them in a straight line. I'm pretty confident my car will come out ontop against a stock 2011 GT.

PS: I'd never ask her though. Its just ass da nine drivin fast with a girl in the car unless your like back in an industrial park or somthing just havin fun. Then to go ahead and challenge her to a race lol i'd feel like a lowlife doin it.
    I raced one a couple of weeks back, they are fast. Depending on the mods you have but you might be suprised. Ive heard people getting pulled on, then some people might pull on one to them just keeping up with it. I was able to slightly pull on a stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    11's sounds a bit much. I'd say low 12's with full bolt on.
    Just to clarify on this.. I have run in my '11 5.0 11.89@116 with just CAI, tune, LCA's and ET/Street.. I consistently run 12.1's and 12.2's.. My very first run ever in the car was a 12.34 @110 running 3.31 gears.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9M3k9fpqlU[/ame]

I ran the 11's and consistent low 12's with just a 3.73 gear swap.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Yea i understand. Maybe it's just because 11's up here are really sweet street cars with some work, like the Luos trans am.
    Come up here you'll be in the 13's haha

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'm still impressed that it took Ford 9 years to beat the LS1 F-body with a NA car.

Eh, that argument can go back and forth. Technically the 03-04 Mach 1's would give any 4th gen Fbody a good run for it's money so we could shorten that 9 years down to what,,,,,,5???

I believe the real issue is that it's not that ford "couldn't" make the mustang faster in NA form,,,because they had the capabilities for sure. I believe it's more of a consumer perspective. I think Ford chose to keep the mustang a more afforable platform. Because of that the mustang outsold the F-bodies. I think that goes to show it doesn't have to be the fastest rear wheel drive V8 platform out there to be popular.

Ya the Fbody was faster for a while,,,but look at how much it cost new compared to a similarly equipped mustang. Big difference.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Eh, that argument can go back and forth. Technically the 03-04 Mach 1's would give any 4th gen Fbody a good run for it's money so we could shorten that 9 years down to what,,,,,,5???

I believe the real issue is that it's not that ford "couldn't" make the mustang faster in NA form,,,because they had the capabilities for sure. I believe it's more of a consumer perspective. I think Ford chose to keep the mustang a more afforable platform. Because of that the mustang outsold the F-bodies. I think that goes to show it doesn't have to be the fastest rear wheel drive V8 platform out there to be popular.

Ya the Fbody was faster for a while,,,but look at how much it cost new compared to a similarly equipped mustang. Big difference.
    I think the basics are that the mustangs came out first, sold in big numbers and once you throw in reliability people have a hard time changing over to a new comer (Camaro) the Maro has it's fans and they love power and that's why I am not on a mustang forum.

Pewter
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I raced one a couple of weeks back, they are fast. Depending on the mods you have but you might be suprised. Ive heard people getting pulled on, then some people might pull on one to them just keeping up with it. I was able to slightly pull on a stock one.
    Are u running stock cam?? I have a bone stock LS1 only mods are longtubes, y-pipe (full cat-back) full slp intake setup, spark plugs, 12mm wires, egr delete, and a tune. I'm also runnin M6 with 3.73s and a new stage 3 HD clutch. Thats everything really I'm lowered on eibach sportlines and bilsteins shocks upfront, stock ones in the rear it squats pretty nice, stiffer sway bar links. removed the spare tire and jack. Soon to do full A/C delete.

How do u think i'll hold up?? I'm a pretty good driver when it comes down to it I ran a 12.9 spinnin and pedalin 1st and 2nd gear cuz of my 255s.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

With the mods you have you should do pretty good with one but like i said its hard to figure it out till you race one. Ive heard people pull on it but my pull was slight. When i was in 3rd i hardly pulled and then got into 4th and seemed i slightly pulled faster but not by much at all. My car does really well at higher speeds but the traffic didnt let us go any higher. Im running a 2 1/2 ypipe with the stock diameter pipes, i do have an exhaust cut out and so on. The guy told me if we raced a little longer i would've pulled on him harder. He was a cool guy and was shocked i was able to pull on it, i told him i was shocked too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    Are u running stock cam?? I have a bone stock LS1 only mods are longtubes, y-pipe (full cat-back) full slp intake setup, spark plugs, 12mm wires, egr delete, and a tune. I'm also runnin M6 with 3.73s and a new stage 3 HD clutch. Thats everything really I'm lowered on eibach sportlines and bilsteins shocks upfront, stock ones in the rear it squats pretty nice, stiffer sway bar links. removed the spare tire and jack. Soon to do full A/C delete.

How do u think i'll hold up?? I'm a pretty good driver when it comes down to it I ran a 12.9 spinnin and pedalin 1st and 2nd gear cuz of my 255s.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 04-27-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Pewter
    99 z28

Wow thats a pretty good race. Its really a good video especially for me to watch, your exhaust is almost the same size as stock piping. Not sure exactly what else is done to your car but sounded mostly stock. Its tough to say how i'd pull on one I'm sure about the same as u did, who knows. Hopefully I can beat one because I'm really hypeing shit up around here getting people to find me a money run with a 2011 GT only. lol

This was definitely helpful.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information