Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Man u guys need to do a little more reading on these cars lol. I'm not a nut swinger for them but I must give credit where it is due.... They ARE 11 sec cars with full bolt ons. The fastest one stock rolled off the showroom floor and clicked off a 12.3 at 112. Multiple people hit low 12's with just a tune and full bolt ons put them around 11.6 at 115-116 they are badass but not the world beaters everyone assumes them to be

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Still a very respectable car tho. Cant even compare it to gts from previous years

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    I wouldnt sell them short like that he did have full bolt ons to beat maybe an exhuast gt? Give the gt headers a tune and an intake and it wouldnt have been the same outcome they routinely trap 109-110 stock which is maybe just a tad under a full bolt on fbody...
    Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    stock form is restrictive. full bolt ons and good launch prolly high 11's or low 12's.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    11's sounds a bit much. I'd say low 12's with full bolt on.
    What redbird is saying here is key. They do trap around 110 in stock form. That's really all you need to know. That trap speed can easily support a bottom 12 second run with enough bite and a good driver. You don't need bolt ons to do it.

That's not a car to take lightly. You'll need at least a lightly modded 4th gen to keep pace, if not more.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Yes easily 11 sec cars.. this one doesnt even have headers yet just basic exhaust and tune...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDATLHJtzWY[/ame]
    Headers, intake, exhaust, stock suspension
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWyeJUx-LM[/ame]
    STOCK WITH DR'S
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E[/ame]
    Bolt ons eaily can put these things in the solid 11's they arent jokes lol that not to say an ls1 can replicate it but I havent seena stock internal ls1 replicate a 117 trap...

The tried and did its a key that the owner gets and it alters the tune to develop that lobe.

It's actually pretty easy the tuner simply lowers the idle which gives it some lobe then they retard valve timing to keep the valves open longer and giving the illusion the car has a tighter lsa and thus a cam. Personally idk if i'd like it, it gives off a false implication first off and by playing with the vvt down low i think i might alter the tune altogether retarding cam timing across the board and making the car loose power...
    The 'cam' tune only is active at idle. The rest of the power band is tuned correctly.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Nice kill, OP. There's no doubt in my mind that you would have kept pulling had you wet faster.

I pulled an auto 11' 5.0 with my lid/cat-back only A4 car on the highway.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

F-Body with full bolt ons and stall will yield high 11's also. Some people don't consider a stall a bolt on and some do

Never said they were junk, I gave/give them respect

Before they hit mainstream people were hyping them up beyond belief, all I was saying is that they were hyped too far IMHO
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I def agree they are a little overhyped because I've seen them get beat multiple times but an ls1 car that runs 11's with bolt ons and a stall (which can be considered a bolt on) will not bee trapping 115-118 like these cars do which is just evident of more power and a faster car. With that said I still loove the ls plartform and its cheaper to build.

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    F-Body with full bolt ons and stall will yield high 11's also. Some people don't consider a stall a bolt on and some do
    You would have to do a cam with that combo too if you want to dip into the 11's,,,not exactly a bolt on car at that point in my opinion, once you open the motor up all bets are off.

All the bolt on auto Fbodies I see,,,with gears AND a converter,,,and NOT getting inside the motor at all, with a good tune,,,,generally hit 12.40's to 12.60's at 107-109 mph.

but an ls1 car that runs 11's with bolt ons and a stall (which can be considered a bolt on) will not bee trapping 115-118 like these cars do which is just evident of more power and a faster car. .
    Exactly. Look at the mph and you can tell which car has the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28 View Post
    Nice kill, OP. There's no doubt in my mind that you would have kept pulling had you wet faster.

I pulled an auto 11' 5.0 with my lid/cat-back only A4 car on the highway.
    Was this with the lucas oil stabilizer?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I do have to admit that with a lid and catback i would've never pulled on the 5.0 when i raced it. Some LS1's just pull better numbers then others, . I was barely able to pull ahead.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Or are you really that gullible?
    Last edited by Mystic Z-28; 04-01-2011 at 02:40 AM.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You would have to do a cam with that combo too if you want to dip into the 11's,,,not exactly a bolt on car at that point in my opinion, once you open the motor up all bets are off.

All the bolt on auto Fbodies I see,,,with gears AND a converter,,,and NOT getting inside the motor at all, with a good tune,,,,generally hit 12.40's to 12.60's at 107-109 mph.
    There are many people over on tech that have run 11's with bolt ons and a stall and in good da they will trap 110-111 but thats still not where the 5.0 is. Btw OP did you happen to ask the guy what gears he got the car with?

There are many people over on tech that have run 11's with bolt ons and a stall and in good da they will trap 110-111 but thats still not where the 5.0 is. Btw OP did you happen to ask the guy what gears he got the car with?
    We'd have to see what those people consider "bolt ons". I have personally never seen it.
    Technically once you crack open the engine, (even the transmission is questionable) then the simple term "bolt on" no longer applies. Even sticking gears in the rearend wouldn't be considered a driveway simple bolt on that anyone can do ,,,which is what the term originally implied. But the term "bolt on" has gotten so blown out of proportion that I really don't put much stock in it anymore. So what ever those guys are doing over on tech probably doesn't fall into this catagory in my book.

Things like exhaust, underdrive pulley, all the free mods, air intake, throttle body, a tune, some drag style wheels, removing weight.....
    That's about as far as it goes for the average joe that has a few simple hand tools. I'd like to see an F-body in the 11's with just that... I don't think it'll happen. Every one I've seen (including my own) are stuck in the mid 12's on a good day.
    No way I'll dip into the 11's unless I want to dive into the motor for at least a cam minimal,,,then in my opinion it's no longer a bolt on car. Shucks I've even got a converter in it and I feel that's borderline as far as simple bolt ons.
    It's not enough to hang with a new stang, that's for sure. It just doesn't MPH as high as the new stangs do,,,plain and simple.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 04-01-2011 at 10:42 AM.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Yea i agree fbj about the bolt on thing, i was reading a magazine for the new camaro and they were saying the best bolt ons... They were sayin heads and cam and alll this then even said a super or turbo charger was a bolt on.... thats rediculous, seriously the term bolt on shouldnt even be used with them anymore if thats what the consider bolt on becuase that means every car out there that has been modded no matter the extent of it is a bolt on car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28 View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Or are you really that gullible?
    Your the one that claimed it not me.

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    Yea i agree fbj about the bolt on thing, i was reading a magazine for the new camaro and they were saying the best bolt ons... They were sayin heads and cam and alll this then even said a super or turbo charger was a bolt on.... thats rediculous, seriously the term bolt on shouldnt even be used with them anymore if thats what the consider bolt on becuase that means every car out there that has been modded no matter the extent of it is a bolt on car lol.
    Very true,,,,I find what magazines call bolt ons quite humerous. Those aren't bolt on's,,,,that's nearly a complete rebuild

Pretty soon this term is going to morph into stroker crank assemblies,,,bawahaha.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 04-01-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I've seen a "Full Bolt On" (Stall only thing questionable) with DR and tune run in the 11's

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

so have i lol in fact it was 11.88 at 111mph and could be repeated at will with a yank 3600 stall and many autos do it with good tires and da. its not that uncommon here in fl where the da is good in the winter time. however 111 is no where near the 115-118 these things trap which is evidence of a faster car...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information