Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    Well I hear theyre rated at 377-395 Rwhp with the same weight (3600 lbs)
    Can't confirm just yet but as far as his exhaust, I assume it's stock because of how new the 5-o's are but it sounded absolutely godly. One of the best exhausts I've ever heard

Oh and I don't understand why there are haters, I raced it, thought I'd share. If you wanna do a run with 3rd gear go hunt one down and tell us about it. If I was the type of guy who races anywhere anytime without concern of laws and lives I would have but I didn't. I had my fun with the 2 gears and will keep it as a kill
    ah, i thought they were puttin a lil less down. anywho i say its a kill so good job!

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice kill! too bad you didnt hit 3rd i bet you would have definitely pulled more. good kil again

Can't confirm just yet but as far as his exhaust, I assume it's stock because of how new the 5-o's are but it sounded absolutely godly. One of the best exhausts I've ever heard

Oh and I don't understand why there are haters, I raced it, thought I'd share. If you wanna do a run with 3rd gear go hunt one down and tell us about it. If I was the type of guy who races anywhere anytime without concern of laws and lives I would have but I didn't. I had my fun with the 2 gears and will keep it as a kill
    Ya they sound nice, they have cutouts in the exhaust from the factory, that I assume are electronically controlled with throttle position. They sound great when you start whaling on them.
    I played with a 5.0 and only went through a couple gears too. Hell by the time I top 2nd gear anyway with 3.42's I'm doing 80-85 mph in ours, that's fast enough on the street for this old fart. I don't need a trip to jail. Most grudges are over within a few seconds anyway.

First one that nudges out is a winner in my book, no need to risk loosing everything, good job

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya they sound nice, they have cutouts in the exhaust from the factory, that I assume are electronically controlled with throttle position. They sound great when you start whaling on them.
    I played with a 5.0 and only went through a couple gears too. Hell by the time I top 2nd gear anyway with 3.42's I'm doing 80-85 mph in ours, that's fast enough on the street for this old fart. I don't need a trip to jail. Most grudges are over within a few seconds anyway.

First one that nudges out is a winner in my book, no need to risk loosing everything, good job
    I thought the cutouts were only on the Boss 302s?
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    So is this really considered a kill? or just a start of a race that you guys didnt get to finish??
    define finish... top speed??? crash??? break down???

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Define finish??? Maybe the end of first gear? Maybe not . top speed Crash or break down i would say no. thats why i asked. Cuz maybe the op didnt think it was a true kill. Thats all

Quote Originally Posted by '02 WS6 View Post
    I thought the cutouts were only on the Boss 302s?
    That very well could be. They had the car flipped on it's side for display on a rotisory so I never got a good view of the sides for any graphics, I just knew it was a new stang.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Ya they usually they dont dyno that high all the ones ive seen usually are between high 340's with an auto to low 360's with a manual any higher than that stock was probably a happy dyno. A tune will easily take them to 370-380 though. With bolt ons they usually see 410-420ish. I havent seena dyno of a bolt on auto so idk if theyre any lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Yep, the boss 302 is the one with the side cutouts it also has a race mode you can put the car in that will open the cutouts and change the tune on the engine which will drop the idle a couple hundred rpms and change the vvt to make it sound like the car has a cam similiar to this... this car has no cams its just a tune ....[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBP4dyCxoZQ[/ame]

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

^^i wonder how they made that happen, that's so sick.

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Weren't they trying to develop a key system that depending on which key you have alters the tune?

metallic burgandy
    '00Pont Grand PrixGT

Reminds me...
    When I had my 1979 T/A, all I ever raced was the mid-80s 5.0 Stangs.
    One spring I pulled my car out for the first time. Intake was still layered with tranny fluid from storage so it was pushing some smoke out the exhaust. BUT...first red light I stop at, guess what pulls up?
    YEP looking like a wreck with no valve seal, rings, or a diesel...still handed it to him.
    Everyone used to miss second gear too.
    Them were the days

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Weren't they trying to develop a key system that depending on which key you have alters the tune?
    I saw that on a youtube video but it was for the BOSS 302

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

The tried and did its a key that the owner gets and it alters the tune to develop that lobe.
    ^^i wonder how they made that happen, that's so sick.
    It's actually pretty easy the tuner simply lowers the idle which gives it some lobe then they retard valve timing to keep the valves open longer and giving the illusion the car has a tighter lsa and thus a cam. Personally idk if i'd like it, it gives off a false implication first off and by playing with the vvt down low i think i might alter the tune altogether retarding cam timing across the board and making the car loose power...

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    It's actually pretty easy the tuner simply lowers the idle which gives it some lobe then they retard valve timing to keep the valves open longer and giving the illusion the car has a tighter lsa and thus a cam. Personally idk if i'd like it, it gives off a false implication first off and by playing with the vvt down low i think i might alter the tune altogether retarding cam timing across the board and making the car loose power...
    right? took the words right out of my mouth, plus its all the wear of cam idle without the cam, a de-tune.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I did a 3rd gear run with a little 4th and not exactly what i expected. Meaning i thought i was gonna lose and ended up with a very slight pull. When i get into 4th it was a tad better or maybe the same pull but they are hella fast ofcourse.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Looks like the big bad 5.0 isn't so bad. Good running car but not the epic height that it was talked up too
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I wouldnt sell them short like that he did have full bolt ons to beat maybe an exhuast gt? Give the gt headers a tune and an intake and it wouldnt have been the same outcome they routinely trap 109-110 stock which is maybe just a tad under a full bolt on fbody...

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Looks like the big bad 5.0 isn't so bad. Good running car but not the epic height that it was talked up too
    stock form is restrictive. full bolt ons and good launch prolly high 11's or low 12's.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    stock form is restrictive. full bolt ons and good launch prolly high 11's or low 12's.
    11's sounds a bit much. I'd say low 12's with full bolt on.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

mmm take some weight off with slicks. i think there might be a video on youtube with them runing high 11's with bolt ons tune, slicks and some things removed. id try to find it but on the school computer and youtube is blocked. i might be a little off though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information