Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Me (02 T/A) vs 408 stroker WS6

I went to the test and tune session tonight and this punk kid was obsessed with beating me in front of his girlfriend with his 408 Stroker WS6. I don't know what else he had other than a moser 12 bolt.

Anyways run 1, I win by 2 cars. here's the slip, pay no mind to the "Alleged red light (neg reaction time)." I don't remember the tree showing a red light and I got the win light.

I'm #120 He: #117

http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=Run1.jpg

Next run... He's out for blood.

http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=Run2.jpg
    He beat me by a car on that second one... I'm hell bent on getting some gears and a stall now.
    Last edited by AKA Speedy; 03-12-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    I went to the test and tune session tonight and this punk kid was obsessed with beating me in front of his girlfriend with his 408 Stroker WS6. I don't know what else he had other than a moser 12 bolt.

Anyways run 1, I win by 2 cars. here's the slip, pay no mind to the "Alleged red light (neg reaction time)." I don't remember the tree showing a red light and I got the win light.

I'm #120 He: #117

http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=Run1.jpg

Next run... He's out for blood.

http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=Run2.jpg
    He beat me by a car on that second one... I'm hell bent on getting some gears and a stall now.
    Looks like you had a red light on the first round. I never see my red lights until I get to the end. His 408 should be doing better than 12.8 IMO. But you both have slow 60' times. In the second race he out 60' you by .325. If he gets that car setup right even with stall and gears he will get the green.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Looks like you had a red light on the first round. I never see my red lights until I get to the end. His 408 should be doing better than 12.8 IMO. But you both have slow 60' times. In the second race he out 60' you by .325. If he gets that car setup right even with stall and gears he will get the green.
    yeah, but like I said, "they gave me the win light and the bottom of the time slip tells you Right lane (MY LANE ON RUN 1) wins by .3XXX"

I don't think the reaction times were right (it was opening day, so there were a few minor bugs). My Dad watched me make the pass and he said it was good. either way his car is faster and I caught him sleeping...

What do you expect from a 408 stroker vs a bolt on T/A?

As for me beating him... he sleeps on the line every time. when he beat me on run 2 he only won by .2. I can gain more than .2-.3 with a good stall and some rear gears (I have 2.73's).
    Last edited by AKA Speedy; 03-13-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Me vs. Him

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

His first pass with a 1.7 60 foot should have been good for 11's....

I ran a 12.6 on a 2.1 60 foot.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    His first pass with a 1.7 60 foot should have been good for 11's....

I ran a 12.6 on a 2.1 60 foot.
    yeah... I don't know how he cut a 1.7 60 on 275 Riken Raptor sh*t tires, but he magician his self around me even after he spent .5 at the line.

I just hate that this kid thought he was god's gift to the automotive world.

I was pleased that because his set up wasn't fine tuned, my simple bolt-on self was keeping up with him. I Beat him by 2 cars the first time and the second he beat me by one. On our second run everytime I hit a gear he would start to pull on me. Once I got rolling I would start to inch back up on him. For all the money dumped into his car vs. how much I've invested in mine, I can't complain about the results.

Losing sucks though, especially to some over cocky kid who's daddy does a good job of giving the kid whatever he wants. anyways I'm looking at swapping the 2.73's for 3.42's and going with a yank stall. I think that with a good tune should put me in the mid-low 12's.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Yea I hear you, hmm street tires would seem to be the issue. Some how I have heard of people hooking on those Riken tires... don't know how...

Thread Information